• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post

Did you mean 2021 because I'm hoping he has an impact this season?
    Lol, yeah nice catch. Typo. I’ll edit. TY

We better not hafta wait till 2022.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
      San Diego Native
      • Feb 2019
      • Farmington, NM
      • Send PM

In the last draft, we used our 1st rounder to draft need then traded our 2nd and 3rd rounders to move back into the 1st to draft BPA. (At a position I had not flagged as high need. I had OL, RB, and CB as higher needs than MLB.)

What if TT follows that same pattern in this draft?

How will you react if TT drafts, say, OT Christian Darrisaw at #13 then trades #47 and #77 to Buffalo for #30 and drafts WR Terrace Marshall or RB Najee Harris?

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

In the last draft, we used our 1st rounder to draft need then traded our 2nd and 3rd rounders to move back into the 1st to draft BPA. (At a position I had not flagged as high need. I had OL, RB, and CB as higher needs than MLB.)

How will you react if TT drafts, say, OT Christian Darrisaw at #13 then trades #47 and #77 to Buffalo for #30 and drafts WR Terrace Marshall or RB Najee Harris?
        I see this more as a possibility if we trade down. In a draft this deep with DB's I'm not sure we should give up a ton of amo here for a receiver or running back.

:whistlin:
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Like shit

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Oh yeah Hooker. He has played in 36 of a possible 64 career games. That would be better?

Im expecting an uptick for Adderley. We'll see how much. His role will be different. We are going to use two deep safeties now.
            Hooker is far superior to Adderley on the field. I do not think there is much debate to be had about that. Unlike Adderley, Hooker has proven to a legitimate starting caliber FS.

Like Allen and James, there is no obvious reason for Hooker to be injured as often as he has been. The odds are with him in terms of putting his rash of injuries behind him.

Also, given his injury history and unsigned status, we might be able to sign him at a discounted rate, using his past injury history to get a better deal for the team that what Hooker's skill as player might otherwise warrant. I read that PFF suggested Hooker might be signed for as little as $2M, which I doubt, but the point is that a prove it deal for a good player coming off of an injury might work out well for the team.

Signing Hooker also tales pressure off of the team during the draft to select a FS with an early pick when we already have other significant team needs.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Like shit
              Too Funny!

We haven't even seen what Joe Reed can do yet. I bet he could carry the rock 8 times a game and be tickled pink to do so. These coaches are doing their home work and actually helping Telesco make better decisions already.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Hooker is far superior to Adderley on the field. I do not think there is much debate to be had about that. Unlike Adderley, Hooker has proven to a legitimate starting caliber FS.

Like Allen and James, there is no obvious reason for Hooker to be injured as often as he has been. The odds are with him in terms of putting his rash of injuries behind him.

Also, given his injury history and unsigned status, we might be able to sign him at a discounted rate, using his past injury history to get a better deal for the team that what Hooker's skill as player might otherwise warrant. I read that PFF suggested Hooker might be signed for as little as $2M, which I doubt, but the point is that a prove it deal for a good player coming off of an injury might work out well for the team.

Signing Hooker also tales pressure off of the team during the draft to select a FS with an early pick when we already have other significant team needs.
                Not debating Hookers ability but he isn't much use if he only plays in 55% of his career. That's why we let Verrett go, tho he had a little worse %.

Hooker has never played a 16 game season.

All i know Is Staley is excited about Adderley so I'm thinking they like his fit better for his defense and be coached up more this season.

He is one of two deep safeties we will have on the field not just a single high like he was in Gus' scheme.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-08-2021, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

I can see him drafting a Slater/Darrisaw at 13 then trading down for a better corner like Stokes.

But the only trade down I really want in this draft is to #7 if Sewell’s available.

Pipe dream.
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

CB
                    Rd1. Horn, SurtainII If either is there at #13, to me it's a no brainer.
                    You add a true #1 CB.
                    There were plenty of times Staley let Ramsey just be on an island with no help. And then shaded his defense to tighten up the windows opposite of his #1 CB. And brought his safeties closer to box so that he could defend the run well with a light box but also have his subpackage unit in to play the pass. And the opponent couldn't run them out of the light box. That a big win for the defense.

​​

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                      My problem with that is that those CBs are the premium, high paid guys. Quality zone corners are much cheaper. And a good zone D is very effective too. We are playing against the salary cap too.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not debating Hookers ability but he isn't much use if he only plays in 55% of his career. That's why we let Verrett go, tho he had a little worse %.

Hooker has never played a 16 game season.

All in know Is Staley is excited about Adderley so I'm thinking they like his fit better for his defense and be coached up more this season.

He is one of two deep safeties we will have on the field not just a single high like he was in Gus' scheme.
                        Through 4 seasons, Hooker's games played very closely resemble Keenan Allen's games played. If Hooker is medically fit to play and has not lost a step due to his injuries, then he is a potentially good acquisition.

Verrett is distinguishable from Hooker, Allen and James. Verrett is a smaller man with smaller body parts that do not withstand the pounding as well as players with bigger, stronger body parts. While anyone can get injured at any time on a football field, the increased risk for a player like Verrett is obvious.

Players like James, Allen and Hooker who have no obvious natural susceptibility to injuries and that do not play a reckless style of football likely to produce an injury, should not be expected to get injured at a higher rate than the NFL average rate. The odds are with players like Hooker, Allen and James in the long run if the injuries are isolated non-chronic injuries that heal with no meaningful residual impact. That is, if the player returns as good as new, his expected injury rate should be that of the average player. Going forward, I would expect Hooker to beat 55% in terms of games played in a any given season.

And even if he did not, if we signed him, we would have him for as long as he remained healthy on a prove it deal, which is a better option than Adderley for as long as we might have him.

I think Adderley can improve, but I question how good he will ever be. His problems do not seem to be speed based, so it is not obvious that using a two deep zone more frequently will benefit Adderley as he struggles to cover effectively and he struggles to tackle effectively.

I think Adderley looks much better as a reserve than he does as a starter and we need to add another safety anyway, all of which makes Hooker a reasonable free agent for us to consider signing.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

I think Adderley is going essentially into his second season after missing pretty much his whole rookie year and didn't get a TC last season.

Give up on him already? I don't think so. New coaching regime, new system, they like his fit. Nuff said.

We will draft another safety to play the other deep field as Derwin plays Star. I don't care about an injury prone player who is available.
                          Haven't we seen enough of those guys?

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡