• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

However unlikely lol
    First one, trade down with Cardinals in first round.

Rankings are a little whack.
    This Simulator is missing RB Javonte Williams or I'd have taken him in one of these. Rhamondre Stevenson is rated a 7th rounder in this one and rarely shows up to pick him.

Its a little different and you will know what I mean if you use this Sim from first-pick.com.
    Screenshot_20210120-220114.png
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-20-2021, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

This one, trade down in second round with Indy

Again, however unlikely it may be

Screenshot_20210120-223947.png

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        This one, trade down in second round with Indy

Again, however unlikely it may be

Screenshot_20210120-223947.png
        Glad to see you are having fun.
        It leads to broader understanding of these prospects and evolving big boards.

Please do a draft that you sense is realistic, with your best personal draft strategy and post that.

Senior Bowl game in ten days.
        Senior Bowl practices/workout sessions next week.
        Where the big boards really change...
        Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
        Ben Herbert

Comment

• UglyTruth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
          I wouldn’t sink big money into Mike Williams. He’s shown flashes, but I’ve never felt like he was that consistent and then there are the health concerns. But when he is healthy, he can disappear. I’d rather spend the money on the O-line. Herbert has shown he can work with any halfway decent WR. If I thought Williams was elite or even really good, I’d vote to pay him. But I don’t see it.
          He never gets open even when healthy. Every catch he makes us some acrobatic one and it’s risky for QBs to throw it to him because there’s a higher chance of getting it picked off. He gets zero separation unless it’s a broken play by the defense.

I don’t mind him but only at the right price tag. Crazy to think he was drafted over Patrick Mahomes.
          Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
          - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
          - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
          - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
          - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
          - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
          - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Parcells
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

He never gets open even when healthy. Every catch he makes us some acrobatic one and it’s risky for QBs to throw it to him because there’s a higher chance of getting it picked off. He gets zero separation unless it’s a broken play by the defense.

I don’t mind him but only at the right price tag. Crazy to think he was drafted over Patrick Mahomes.
            And CMC.
            And Deshaun Watson.
            And Marshon Lattimore (the guy I wanted).

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

And CMC.
              And Deshaun Watson.
              At the time, thought the pick should have been Malik Hooper for safety. Can always hindsight it but I know WR at the time was not the teams priority. Even CMC right after him made a heckuva lot of sense.

As for this years pick - so many ways to go . I just hope Telesco doesn't trade up - that is not his forte

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

At the time, thought the pick should have been Malik Hooper for safety. Can always hindsight it but I know WR at the time was not the teams priority. Even CMC right after him made a heckuva lot of sense.

As for this years pick - so many ways to go . I just hope Telesco doesn't trade up - that is not his forte
                Actually, the previous season before we drafted Mike Will, we were decimated by injuries to our WR corps...so wideout was kind of a priority...one of many...

Comment

• CivilBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

And CMC.
                  And Deshaun Watson.
                  Missing on Lattimore was big. We would have had our shutdown corner for years to come. I think PR was really missing that tall M80 type receiver that forced the pick. Oh well, hindsight is always 20:20.

I’m happy with not drafting Mahomes since it led us to drafting JH, a long time charger fan.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Actually, the previous season before we drafted Mike Will, we were decimated by injuries to our WR corps...so wideout was kind of a priority...one of many...
                    Yep, i wasnt surprised by that pick. I mentioned many times i could see it go that way. And Hooker was a forum fav but he has been hurt a ton since he was drafted so today we would likely be saying he needs to go lol.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Irmo, SC
                      • Send PM

I remember really wanting Jamal Adams that draft, but the Jets snagged him the pick before us. I'm glad we missed out on that dude though. After that I can't remember who I wanted, but I know it wasn't Mike Williams.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I remember really wanting Jamal Adams that draft, but the Jets snagged him the pick before us. I'm glad we missed out on that dude though. After that I can't remember who I wanted, but I know it wasn't Mike Williams.
                        Some of the other names mentioned for us at #7 in that 2017 draft were McCaffrey, Lattimore, Hooker, Ross and Peppers. Mahomes and Watson were longshots, because it was felt Rivers still had a some more years left in the tank.

2017 draft.JPG

Comment

• Parcells
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

The one player I’d love to see us trade up for would be Sewell. If he slips a little (which I doubt), I’d be excited to see us move up and grab him. Beyond that, I don’t see a player that fits a position of need being worth the move up.

Comment

Working...
                          X