• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Dane Brugler's "The Beast" was released this morning.

It is considered by a lot of people to be the single best resource for draft prospect analysis.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• JupiterBolt
      ~ Charger Fan ~
      • Sep 2018
      • Jupiter, FL
      • Send PM

The more I think about it, I feel drafting a LOT in round 1 is a must. Not only is it our biggest need, it is also KC’s biggest need.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

It is considered by a lot of people to be the single best resource for draft prospect analysis.
        Brugler is excellent and very thorough. Thought I might mention that he loves Darrisaw.

In 2020, on 293 pass-blocking snaps, Darrisaw allowed no sacks, no hits, and just six hurries. Also in 2020, runners who went to Darrisaw’s gap gained 7.7 yards per carry, and 3.2 yards before contact.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

The 2021 NFL Draft class might not have five tackles drafted in the top 20, but the depth and volume at the position in the first three rounds are even better than a year ago.

All 12 tackles below are expected top-100 picks, and that doesn’t include several players (like USC’s Alijah Vera-Tucker, Michigan’s Jalen Mayfield or Alabama’s Alex Leatherwood) who are listed as interior blockers in my rankings but might be projected as tackles by the teams that draft them.
          Pretty bold statement about a group with 33" arms...

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Brugler is excellent and very thorough. Thought I might mention that he loves Darrisaw.

In 2020, on 293 pass-blocking snaps, Darrisaw allowed no sacks, no hits, and just six hurries. Also in 2020, runners who went to Darrisaw’s gap gained 7.7 yards per carry, and 3.2 yards before contact.
            Doesn't look "lazy" to me... 3.2 yards before contact...? We haven't been able to say that about Chargers' OL very often... 7.7 yards per carry to Darrisaw's gap...?

:smh:

Comment

• Xenos
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Burrow was not having a fine season in terms of any reasonable measurement of that concept. He did not finish in the top 20 of any of completion percentage, YPA, TD% or passer rating. He secured good total yardage numbers per game solely as a function of passing the ball many times per game, not because he was playing well. I think it is fair to say that Burrow has the potential to improve, but it is just wrong to say that he had a fine season. His performance was closer to Tagovailoa's than it was to Herbert's.

I do not disagree that good traits in one area may offset bad ones in another. However, it is a bad draft strategy to assume that that will happen. I would rather select a player with fewer red flags and the same upside (albeit at a different position). That is just simple logic. So other players are preferred to Slater.

Again, nobody is saying that there have not been exceptions to the general rules about what makes a good OT, WR, QB or anything else. But assuming that that will be the case is a questionable approach to the draft when other, less risky options may be available.
              I’m going to disagree with your assessment that Burrow’s performance is closer to Tua than Herbert. Burrow, unlike Tua, isn’t afraid to sling the ball downfield and into tight coverage. He lacks Herbert’s arm strength but it’s fine for what it is and is helped by his anticipation. He reminds me of Rivers only much more athletic.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Doesn't look "lazy" to me... 3.2 yards before contact...? We haven't been able to say that about Chargers' OL very often... 7.7 yards per carry to Darrisaw's gap...?

:smh:
                Shhhh quiet!! I hear the webbed feet of Lone Bolt coming to dispute the facts with vitriol.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by JupiterBolt View Post
                  The more I think about it, I feel drafting a LOT in round 1 is a must. Not only is it our biggest need, it is also KC’s biggest need.
                  Let's think all this through.
                  Let's get real smart.

The current buzz says late round one and early round two are the kill zones @ OT...several juicy prospects.

We can sit around with our fingers up our azzes, or we can be proactive.

NYJ sits at 23 and IND is at 21. NYJ needs to jump IND to get their bookend to protect Zack Wilson.
                  Snooze you lose. Props to David Diehl, SXM NFL Radio.

We can expect a second tier run on OTs early in round two, before pick 47. Props to Nutty, TPB Nutbar.

We need to do something with NYJ, dangle #13 for #23 & #34, or something.
                  ​​​
                  It could just be that we would be better positioned at #23 and #34, vs #13 and #47, with regard to the way this big board plays out.

LAC could go impact defender, then starting OLT, or we could double dip at OL quite nicely.

Trenchers, there are starting OLT's after pick 13, but maybe, maybe not, by pick 47.

This is what we at TPB need to figure out in the next two and a half weeks.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Cosmi or Little at 23 works for me
                    Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Shhhh quiet!! I hear the webbed feet of Lone Bolt coming to dispute the facts with vitriol.
                      Oh you'll hear about it.

BTW I like the way Brugler throws in some comments where he considers certain OL prospects to be ideal for zone blocking.

Comment

• PAnick
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Let's think all this through.
                        Let's get real smart.

The current buzz says late round one and early round two are the kill zones @ OT...several juicy prospects.

We can sit around with our fingers up our azzes, or we can be proactive.

NYJ sits at 23 and IND is at 21. NYJ needs to jump IND to get their bookend to protect Zack Wilson.
                        Snooze you lose. Props to David Diehl, SXM NFL Radio.

We can expect a second tier run on OTs early in round two, before pick 47. Props to Nutty, TPB Nutbar.

We need to do something with NYJ, dangle #13 for #23 & #34, or something.
                        ​​​
                        It could just be that we would be better positioned at #23 and #34, vs #13 and #47, with regard to the way this big board plays out.

LAC could go impact defender, then starting OLT, or we could double dip at OL quite nicely.

Trenchers, there are starting OLT's after pick 13, but maybe, maybe not, by pick 47.

This is what we at TPB need to figure out in the next two and a half weeks.
                        After you all figure it out, are you going to tell Telesco about your decision?

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Oh you'll hear about it.
                          I’m sure he’ll come up with something good

7AC19545-C32A-4943-81B9-3BF68A14EFB0.jpeg

Comment

Working...