• Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Let's think all this through.
    Let's get real smart.

The current buzz says late round one and early round two are the kill zones @ OT...several juicy prospects.

We can sit around with our fingers up our azzes, or we can be proactive.

NYJ sits at 23 and IND is at 21. NYJ needs to jump IND to get their bookend to protect Zack Wilson.
    Snooze you lose. Props to David Diehl, SXM NFL Radio.

We can expect a second tier run on OTs early in round two, before pick 47. Props to Nutty, TPB Nutbar.

We need to do something with NYJ, dangle #13 for #23 & #34, or something.
    ​​​

It could just be that we would be better positioned at #23 and #34, vs #13 and #47, with regard to the way this big board plays out.

LAC could go impact defender, then starting OLT, or we could double dip at OL quite nicely.

Trenchers, there are starting OLT's after pick 13, but maybe, maybe not, by pick 47.

This is what we at TPB need to figure out in the next two and a half weeks.
    Why the Jets would do that ?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by PAnick View Post

After you all figure it out, are you going to tell Telesco about your decision?
      Why yes !!
      That is the importance of our work !!
      :shifty:
      You don't know ball

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Let's get real smart.

The current buzz says late round one and early round two are the kill zones @ OT...several juicy prospects.

NYJ sits at 23 and IND is at 21. NYJ needs to jump IND to get their bookend to protect Zack Wilson.

We can expect a second tier run on OTs early in round two, before pick 47. Props to Nutty, TPB Nutbar.

​​​
        It could just be that we would be better positioned at #23 and #34, vs #13 and #47, with regard to the way this big board plays out.

LAC could go impact defender, then starting OLT, or we could double dip at OL quite nicely.

Trenchers, there are starting OLT's after pick 13, but maybe, maybe not, by pick 47.

Not bad Wood. I like it. We won't get Slater, Sewell probably not Darrisaw but I'm good with Little or Cosmi. Jenkins if they think he can play LT. And love me some #34

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

There is nothing to figure out if either Slater or Darrisaw is there. Just turn in the card and get an A
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Why the Jets would do that ?
            To get a superior OT prospect that IND would surely take to replace the retired Costanzo.

I am speculating about how this draft might play out.
            ​​
            Certain offensive tackles interest me much more than others for the Chargers.
            You don't know ball

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

The Chargers need that superior OT !

Comment

• Xenos
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

To get a superior OT prospect that IND would surely take to replace the retired Costanzo.

I am speculating about how this draft might play out.
                ​​
                Certain offensive tackles interest me much more than others for the Chargers.
                They got Becton last year. I see them not caring as much for a LT. But more interior protection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I’m going to disagree with your assessment that Burrow’s performance is closer to Tua than Herbert. Burrow, unlike Tua, isn’t afraid to sling the ball downfield and into tight coverage. He lacks Herbert’s arm strength but it’s fine for what it is and is helped by his anticipation. He reminds me of Rivers only much more athletic.
                  The quality of his performance was closer to Tagovailoa's than it is to Herbert's. The completion percentage, the YPA, the TD% (worse than Tua's), and the QB rating were all closer to Tagovailoa's numbers than to Herbert's.

Burrow's anticipation was not even good, much less elite like that of Rivers. Burrow struggled early precisely because he held the ball too long and did not anticipate very well. He admitted that he held the ball to long. He got better, but he has yet to show above average anticipation for an NFL QB (much less the anticipation of Rivers, who was arguably the best anticipatory passer in the NFL during his career).

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

My top 3 OTs are as follows......
                    Sewell = 33.25” arm length
                    Little = 33.75” arm length
                    Jenkins = 33.50” arm length

Some very interesting day 3 OTs with ideal measurables.
                    Dan Moore jr (TAMU) = 34.50”
                    Tommy Doyle (MOH) = 35.125” arm length
                    Landon Young (UKY) = 33.75” arm length
                    Josh Ball (MARSHALL) = 35” arm length
                    Larnel Coleman (UMASS) = 36.25” arm length
                    I think the T-Rex threshold should be 32" arms or less, and not 33"...

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

The #23 and #34 would be too expensive for the Jets. They need CB and pass rusher more anyways. And that seems to be slotted excellently with those picks.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If he is the pick, id be ok with it for sure. Just hope we get that LT we need so bad. This would be one of the right ND players for Telesco, no the other guys he chose.

Loved his comment in that video. : I didnt really understand the formula, i just know it means im hitting someone hard". :chuckle:
                        I would be concerned that a guy weighing 220 pounds plays that physical in the NFL.
                        Jatavis Brown laid some wood his first few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Let's get real smart.

​​​

The trade with the Jets that you have suggested is not balanced (receiving 1320 draft pick trading points, only giving away 1150). To balance it, we would need to add #97 and #118 (which happen to combine to exactly 170 draft pick trading points) or comparable value through the balancing of other picks.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍