Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

3 Headed Monster

Anyone else excited? I hope Steichen gets really creative. 2 back sets with a healthy mix of RPO's. Hope Ek's workout ethic rubs off on Jackson and Kelly. We should be able to really spread out defenses.

Is it Corona quarantine or something? I am more excited for this season than any other. New Uni's, new stadium, new QB

. :More Q Please:
  • Jorgecasas10
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2020
    • Send PM

Im excited because with rivers gone the playbook will be opened alot
    all 3 qbs we have are mobile so the offense can be more creative, rivers was horrible at running rpo, or playaction it was so obvious when it was a passing play or a running play
    lets hope they get creative and ekeler kelley and jackson look like the 3 headed monster of the 49ers(mostert, coleman, breida)

Comment

• SuperCharged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Utah
      • Midnight Toker
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jorgecasas10 View Post
      Im excited because with rivers gone the playbook will be opened alot
      all 3 qbs we have are mobile so the offense can be more creative, rivers was horrible at running rpo, or playaction it was so obvious when it was a passing play or a running play
      lets hope they get creative and ekeler kelley and jackson look like the 3 headed monster of the 49ers(mostert, coleman, breida)

Love Rivers but it was time. I think for his style the Colts are a great fit. Gordon was a cancer and one of my least favorite Charger of all time. I hope we pound him twice every year. Now we have the prodigal young gun. And TT if he's not ready. That is why the 3 back attack is going to work imo. Tyrod is not going to lead us to victory with his arm. Spread offense will be fun to watch. We have match up nightmares across the board. The only if is, IF we have an O line this year. We could be a dark horse.

Comment

• jubei
        Vagabond Ninja
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

the flip side of not having the immobile rivers is that will timing/anticipation routes be down pat? that was something rivers was very good at was timing and anticipation but this last season was just riddled with terrible passes as well.

Comment

• foreigner
          Tom Telesco is gone
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

Well.... dont expect a lot my friends...

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

It’s okay, we haven’t been, for years.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
              the flip side of not having the immobile rivers is that will timing/anticipation routes be down pat? that was something rivers was very good at was timing and anticipation but this last season was just riddled with terrible passes as well.
              Things are going to be VASTLY different. We are all happy about the mobility we will be getting which is a dimension Rivers never had. But I think we will badly miss the timing and pre-snap reads that he was so good at. Keep in mind that the difference between being a Pro Bowl QB to a guy run out of town was going from 12 to 20 interceptions, which is one every 2 games. Clearly 20 is way too many, but don't ignore all of the good throws he made every game. He threw just under 600 passes last season so things are going to be very different. The question is will they be more effective?

Comment

• jubei
                Vagabond Ninja
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Things are going to be VASTLY different. We are all happy about the mobility we will be getting which is a dimension Rivers never had. But I think we will badly miss the timing and pre-snap reads that he was so good at. Keep in mind that the difference between being a Pro Bowl QB to a guy run out of town was going from 12 to 20 interceptions, which is one every 2 games. Clearly 20 is way too many, but don't ignore all of the good throws he made every game. He threw just under 600 passes last season so things are going to be very different. The question is will they be more effective?
                Amen broheem!

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

I'm excited for this season because this team has been made over. It's going to be a different team, different style than we've seen in many years.

Every year about one third of the team is replaced with new players but this year if different - this year we had the cap room to build up our OL, bring in a run stopper to the DL, and a good CB.The last time we had an offense like this one is slated to be is when Sid Gilman was the HC, Tobin Rote was the QB and Lincoln and Lowe were the RB's. Back then we had a very good OL and an outstanding DL. I'm hopeful we'll have that this year - anxious to see!

The other thing that is sooo different is the question at QB. We have three QB's - can any of them deliver? All in all, this is a new season in many ways!
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

So very true!....... And I dont think most fans or media people realize, over the years, how much effect Rivers, brain, quick decisions, quick release and pinpoint accuracy has made the Chargers receivers and OL look much better then they are..... We, and the team, will miss Rivers...... especially if Taylor is playing......

The great hope is that Hebert and our revamped OL, can impress early enough so that Hebert will start ASAP....... we need to have a dynamic, aggressive, high scoring offense in order to have a shot in AFCW...... and in AFC......

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

I'm optimistic. As usual.
                      For new reasons. Defenses are going to open up. Our Rivers led offense had definite tendencies. Add better OL play, WR 3-4, RB rotation.
                      Defensive improvements. Our 2019 D injuries/ IRs were rough. Healthy talent & depth is widespread, add DT/NT Joseph, LBs Murray, Vigil, DB Gillman & UDFA candidates.
                      Special teams. Reed, Jennings, Hill Should light up out return game. Gillman and others Should do well limiting opponent returns. Better field position will be huge.
                      Let's Go Bolts!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

The Green Manalishi with a three-pronged crown ... i'm always excited for football. Always hopeful. And since they left San Diego, ironically, less disappointed. Sort of a win-win - same enjoyment with less emotional angst.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡