• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pumpkinhead80
    • Apr 2024
    • Send PM

nhl final

anyone else been watching these great games?

i'm rooting for boston(which is hard to do) but just mostly want to see a good series, which of course, it has been so far.
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Saw one game that went to overtime. Chicago won in overtime 6-5. Couple nights ago.

Comment

• Jules
      BMF
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Saw bits of the first few games. Stopped paying close attention once the Kings got bounced.
      Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I'm watching. Someone said that if these two teams played 100 games against each other they would win 50 each. Tight games, and the refs are swallowing the whistle or giving matching minors. Intitially even after Boston lost that 3ot game, it looked like a short series going to them...but it looks like the fatigue factor is now even. I'm looking forward to the next two games.

Comment

• pumpkinhead80

why'd this post in both forums? i posted it in the non football forum?

Comment

• pumpkinhead80

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
            I'm watching. Someone said that if these two teams played 100 games against each other they would win 50 each. Tight games, and the refs are swallowing the whistle or giving matching minors. Intitially even after Boston lost that 3ot game, it looked like a short series going to them...but it looks like the fatigue factor is now even. I'm looking forward to the next two games.
            ya every goal seems to matter so much, the intensity and tension seems so high and both teams top to bottom seem so good it's been really fun to watch. and i'm not even a huge hockey fan.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Playoff hockey is the most intense thing in sports. Especially in OT. I can't remember the last time two of the original 6 teams met up in the final. The 70's maybe?

formerly Field 17 Row 11 Seat 1
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

I'm just a casual fan, but last night went out to eat with the wife and they had the game on in the restaurant we went to. There was a group of about 10 guys there watching, evidently all Chicago fans. One guy was going absolutely nuts during the game. He was yelling every 5 seconds, getting up pacing nervously, high fiving his buddies on every hit and shot on goal, and sank to his knees when Chicago scored, literally yelling as loud as he could! It was nuts and put anything my uptight self does when watching Charger games - something I pointed out to my wife (she get's pissed that I am so intense during games).

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  I'm just a casual fan, but last night went out to eat with the wife and they had the game on in the restaurant we went to. There was a group of about 10 guys there watching, evidently all Chicago fans. One guy was going absolutely nuts during the game. He was yelling every 5 seconds, getting up pacing nervously, high fiving his buddies on every hit and shot on goal, and sank to his knees when Chicago scored, literally yelling as loud as he could! It was nuts and put anything my uptight self does when watching Charger games - something I pointed out to my wife (she get's pissed that I am so intense during games).
                  Too bad none of that really helps.

This is why I wear foil underwear, and keep the 9 volt batteries in each pocket.

formerly Field 17 Row 11 Seat 1
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by pumpkinhead80 View Post
                    why'd this post in both forums? i posted it in the non football forum?
                    You posted this in the non sports forum. I didnt think it would be seen there. Some posters only care about sports. So i moved it here.

Comment

• pumpkinhead80

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      You posted this in the non sports forum. I didnt think it would be seen there. Some posters only care about sports. So i moved it here.
                      ah ok, i thought one forum was just for chargers, ot stuff was other forum.

Comment

• MakoShark
                        Disgruntled
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Alabama
                        • Send PM

I'm looking forward to game 6 tonight and hope Boston can force a game 7 then we can watch these teams really air out
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X