How Will The Offense Change This Season With Tyrod Taylor?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
    The offense will move to a run first "3 yards and a cloud of dust" type of offense.

Lynn wanted a run first offense and now he has it.

He will get full credit or blame depending on the outcome.
    Our best players are our pass catchers. We don't have the kind of OL that can do the 3 yards and a cloud of dust, and the RB best qualities are that they are versatile guys, more than they are power running, make something extra happen type of runners.

Tenn proved that you can still run that type of offense and be successful, but we don't have any chance of pull it off. The personnel is just not there.

And if we did want to do the run first thing, why would we have taken Herbert in the 1st?

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

I think the biggest difference between 2019 and 2020 offense is on 3 points

- better right side OL/
      - Gordon is not there
      - Can easily get 3-4 yards from a QB's run

We're not in Fout's area anymore. The passing plays will be the surprise !

Comment

• Classic
        Hall Of Fame
        • Dec 2014
        • Send PM

Taylor is going to be fine so as long as the new and improved OL does their job. I'm sticking with my prediction of 11-5 and division Champs.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
          I think the biggest difference between 2019 and 2020 offense is on 3 points

- better right side OL/
          - Gordon is not there
          - Can easily get 3-4 yards from a QB's run

We're not in Fout's area anymore. The passing plays will be the surprise !
          I think there are a couple of more points:

- Taylor will rarely take a chance on a tight window so we will have many more 3 and outs because he won't even attempt those passes.
          - Because Taylor won't take chances, he will throw fewer interceptions than Rivers
          - Taylor will also get sacked more than Rivers as he won't pass if his receivers aren't wide open

Comment

• jubei
            Vagabond Ninja
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

good thing we have KA and KJ who are ankle breakers. hopefully TT will trust in Mike Williams for the contested catch and let the big boy go up and get it. He's gotta get that mentality out of his head that he doesnt want to throw INTs and trust in his playmakers, but dont get into the habit of just throwing it up and HOPING for a PI.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
              Taylor is going to be fine so as long as the new and improved OL does their job. I'm sticking with my prediction of 11-5 and division Champs.
              Not happening. Not with Taylor as the starter and the Broncos and Raiders with improvements of their own.

Comment

• jubei
                Vagabond Ninja
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

did the broncos and raiders do enough to counter the bolts' moves? I dont think anyone in the division can take KC. i'm not sold on lock in denver and carr is an up n down qb who only beat the bolts cuz we were a sorry group last year on O that kept giving other teams the ball.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

The offensive playbook will expand a lot with QB roll outs and running plays. The passing offensive playbook will shrink about the exact same size it expanded with QB running portion so we will be half a dozen instead of six with Taylor.
                  Last edited by FoutsFan; 05-26-2020, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I think there are a couple of more points:

- Taylor will rarely take a chance on a tight window so we will have many more 3 and outs because he won't even attempt those passes.
                    - Because Taylor won't take chances, he will throw fewer interceptions than Rivers
                    - Taylor will also get sacked more than Rivers as he won't pass if his receivers aren't wide open
                    Taylor held the ball too long too much in BUF but I really believe our better weapons in LAC should help. After all Tyrod at least looks down field and goes through his progressions. Problem is people weren't open in BUF hence taking sacks or just scrambling. If there was one thing TT can take away from watching Rivers for season is to pass all your weapons. They will eventually get open.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Taylor held the ball too long too much in BUF but I really believe our better weapons in LAC should help. After all Tyrod at least looks down field and goes through his progressions. Problem is people weren't open in BUF hence taking sacks or just scrambling. If there was one thing TT can take away from watching Rivers for season is to pass all your weapons. They will eventually get open.
                      I have heard the excuse about his receivers in Buffalo several times and they weren't that bad. Watkins is good enough to start for the Super Bowl champions and Woods was for the Rams. He also had Shady McCoy in his prime who also caught a lot of passes.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

The truth about Tyrod Taylor

When he was at BAL, he didn't have his chance.
                        Played on 14 games in 4 years, never started.

At BUF, he had his chances.
                        Winning record 22-20 in 3 years.
                        3000 passing yards and 500 yards/year
                        40 sacks /year.

At CLE, he got no chances, every body wants Baker at QB
                        He looked very bad on passing game in 4 games.
                        Ran for 7,8 yards/rush.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Real answer: who fucking knows?

Comment

Working...
                          X