• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

In the area where this happened, Cleveland National forest, there aren't any rivers: small creeks at best. You are getting very little runoff from melted snow packs like in the Sierra Nevadas.

Its reported that he "collapsed" on the trail. Most likely from heat stroke or a heart attack triggered by heat stroke. Those trails this time of the year can get really hot, & the smaller surface area vs body mass makes big guys more vulnerable to getting overheated. Young guys sometimes tend to push things too much.
    Agreed. Especially if he's hiking without water.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

In the area where this happened, Cleveland National forest, there aren't any rivers: small creeks at best. You are getting very little runoff from melted snow packs like in the Sierra Nevadas.

Its reported that he "collapsed" on the trail. Most likely from heat stroke or a heart attack triggered by heat stroke. Those trails this time of the year can get really hot, & the smaller surface area vs body mass makes big guys more vulnerable to getting overheated. Young guys sometimes tend to push things too much.
      So important to stay hydrated on a hike, or any strenuous physical activity. Sorry to hear this. Prayers for his family.

Comment

• PR#1
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Very sad. My condolences to his family

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

What a horrible tragedy and to have it happen on Father’s Day with his parents present is just unimaginable. My heart goes out to the Tuerk family.

Comment

• cmplxgal
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • New Jersey
            • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
            Where in NJ are you? I've spent a great deal of time in Morristown over the past 10 years or so.
            I live down in the southern part of the state, outside Philadelphia. I'm not from here, but my parents ended up here after my dad retired from the Navy, and, after he passed, I moved here to be with my mom (who's now 93) because there's no other family around. I've thought of moving to Philly when the time comes, but there's a lot of crime there. Hopefully my mom has several more years in any event.

Comment

Working...
            X