What Exactly Is The Workout Schedule For This Team?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caslon
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

What Exactly Is The Workout Schedule For This Team?

Does it go straight to camp? What about all the previous years pre-camps with casual shirts and shorts where some torn an ACL, lol.? I never could fathom guys in casual shirts and shorts tearing an an ACL or something (Hunter Henry, et al.) Could it be better to forgo that and just open camp in preparation for pre-season games? Non-injury causing walk thrus in shorts and shirts, then pads and helmets the same or next day. I suppose Covid-19 had pretty much done away with the early activity.
    Last edited by Caslon; 07-03-2020, 11:05 PM.
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Organized Team Activities are not happening.
    I know players are using independent gyms, exercising in small groups on the beach, etc. Right now Chargers training camp is scheduled to begin July 28. Two preseason games are scheduled for 8/22, 8/27. Regular season LAC @ Cincy 9/13.
    I guess it's up to the Chargers to figure out how to best use the two weeks of no 8/16, 9/3 preseason games and schedule training in shells or pads accordingly.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

I don't believe there is going to be training camp, preseason or regular season this year. And I am supremely bummed about it. When we are in lockdown again this fall and winter, football would be ideal remedy for the COVID Blues. We will have to survive on videos of past Chargers glory, what there is of it.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        I don't believe there is going to be training camp, preseason or regular season this year. And I am supremely bummed about it. When we are in lockdown again this fall and winter, football would be ideal remedy for the COVID Blues. We will have to survive on videos of past Chargers glory, what there is of it.
        I thought there was absolutely no way there would not be a season. Now I wouldn’t bet a Starbucks latte that they will play. I’ll stay hopeful. I play music as a hobby, I usually play two to three times a month. every show i had thru July is cancelled, not just here in San Diego but also other places. waiting to hear if August starts to cancel.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

My understanding of it is that they have virtual meeting rooms going over terminology, and the classroom part of the install. They are probably also doing a lot of film study of opponents. But no actual on field work.

I have to agree that I have a hard time imagining a season occurring at this point. Football teams would be such an easy place to transmit COVID and then the games would be another way to spread it. Kind of hard to social distance when the point of the sport is contact.

Comment

• nomad1946
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2017
            • West Yellowstone, Montana
            • Retired
            • Send PM

I have little hope that there will be a season at all this year. Maybe next year? Maybe never?

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I thought there was absolutely no way there would not be a season. Now I wouldn’t bet a Starbucks latte that they will play. I’ll stay hopeful. I play music as a hobby, I usually play two to three times a month. every show i had thru July is cancelled, not just here in San Diego but also other places. waiting to hear if August starts to cancel.
              I too thought there was no way this season will be canceled but I now think there's a very slim chance of having football this year. I wonder if the Spanos family can survive a year of no $$ rolling in from the NFL? Even if they do play, I won't go anywhere near a large crowd and I suspect many others feel the same way.

I own a Condo that we use as a vacation rental. Before Covid we were booked solid till June. Within a week of this every single booking had cancelled. That was 60% of our monthly income flushed away, so that alone cancels any high expense plans for this year.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Sorry about your income loss 'Roo.

I'm thinking no 40 / yes 60 about an NFL season currently. A physical no-fan, restricted attendance, virtual fan season seems possible. Too much money involved to give up very easily.
                Hard to believe they won't find a compromise.

Comment

• rikardo
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post
                  I have little hope that there will be a season at all this year. Maybe next year? Maybe never?
                  Do we have the #6th pick in 2021 draft?

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by rikardo View Post

Do we have the #6th pick in 2021 draft?
                    With no games played in 2020? The NFL would have to make a rule change for it not to be so. Results from last season played.

Comment

• nomad1946
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2017
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Either the same as 2020 or some random order I would expect.

Comment

• nomad1946
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2017
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                        Sorry about your income loss 'Roo.

I'm thinking no 40 / yes 60 about an NFL season currently. A physical no-fan, restricted attendance, virtual fan season seems possible. Too much money involved to give up very easily.
                        Hard to believe they won't find a compromise.
                        I am not sure it is the fans in the stadium that is the problem, I see that some players are resisting playing. Some MLB players are sitting out the shortened season.

Comment

Working...
                        X