If We Have No Season... Do We Pick 6 And Who Do You Have?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltsfan70
    East Coast Chargers Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
    • Send PM

If We Have No Season... Do We Pick 6 And Who Do You Have?

If no season and they use 2020 draft order who do you have at 6
    I am on the Micah Parson bandwagon
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Well if the NFL has no season, neither will college and the draft will get very tricky. Right nows first round rated players a lot of times fall later during the season and vice versa for others.
    Might see more busts than usual and some gems picked up later.

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

IT will also get tricky because if players still have eligibility, will they come out for the draft?

Some certainly will, but a lot of JR's and SR's have been draft eligible already and passed on it, hoping to have a better season and improve their draft stock.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        IT will also get tricky because if players still have eligibility, will they come out for the draft?

Some certainly will, but a lot of JR's and SR's have been draft eligible already and passed on it, hoping to have a better season and improve their draft stock.
        They could declare for the supplemental draft also...that's how we got Jamal Williams...

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
          San Diego Native
          • Feb 2019
          • Farmington, NM
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
          They could declare for the supplemental draft also...that's how we got Jamal Williams...
          They cancelled the supplemental draft this year.

The NFL informed clubs it will not conduct a supplemental draft this year, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Not that many guys qualify for the supplemental draft anyway. Most would go back for another year or go for the regular draft.

Comment

• UtahBolt
              Did we win?
              • Jun 2013
              • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
              • Send PM

There will be no college season this year and IF the NFL plays (big if) it will be pushed back at least six weeks.
              I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

These are all things that the NFL will need to decide, and it will be interesting how they make these decisions. I am of the belief there will be no college football or NFL seasons this year. So figuring out next year's draft is going to be a tough nut. My guess is they will do some sort of a weighted lottery like the NBA, based on 2019 records, rather than just repeating the 2020 draft order. So the Bolts would still be in good shape for a top pick. Evaluating college players based on their 2019 performances after not playing for a year is going to be a crap shoot. There is talk of the NCAA having its 2020 season in the spring of 2021. The NFL has already said it is not interested in delaying the 2021 draft. So the crop of prospects in the 2021 draft could only be a quarter or half way through their college seasons on draft day.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  My guess is they will do some sort of a weighted lottery like the NBA, based on 2019 records, rather than just repeating the 2020 draft order.
                  My guess is if they do it that way the Patriots, Cowboys, and Giants will somehow wind up with early picks.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltsfan70 View Post
                    With him and Murray we'd have dynamic duo at LB. It's a long way off but right now I'd guess a CB will be high on their list.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
                      San Diego Native
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Farmington, NM
                      • Send PM

My dream... "With the 6th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, the Los Angeles Chargers select Penei Sewell, OT Oregon."

But TT may still like Pip and after looking at the expiring (expired?) contracts dream of... "With the 6th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, the Los Angeles Chargers select Ja'Marr Chase, WR LSU." or "Gregory Rousseau, EDGE Miami."

Unfortunately, TT likes to cross us up so I fear he strengthens positions of strength by drafting SS, DT, or the highest rated golden domer on the board. (OG-Kraemer?)

Comment

• BleuMoon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltsfan70 View Post
                        I posed this question on another forum and got flamed for suggesting there would be no season for both the NFL & college. Anyway, I'd like to expand on this topic and ask: 1. Do players with guaranteed contracts still get paid even if there's no season? 2. Would teams be able to keep players with expiring contracts (i.e. Bosa, Henry, Ingram, KA, King, etc) for the 2021 season? 3. Would rosters have to be increased beyond 90 players due to having two new draft classes on your roster? 4. Is it fair to use the same draft order in 2021? 5. What if the Chargers got the #1 pick in the 2021 draft...would you take the top QB? What say you....
                        Didn't see that coming...

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡