• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

OT: SF Giants

What a great team. Great series. Great manager. Great final game with a ton of drama.

Time to call the Giants a dynasty.
    Hashtag thepowderblues
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Is Bruce Bochy a hall of famer?
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
      I don't think that's a question now
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Most definitely he is.

Thank you John Moores, you fat fuck, for hiring that shithead Sandy Alderson, who chased Bochy out of town.

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Opera singer and web developer.
          • Send PM

I take it the Giants won the Series? They were playing the Royals or some other small market team, right? Does one WS win make a dynasty, or have they also won it recently?

I always liked Bochy when I followed baseball, but all my baseball friends (and folk on the Padres Board when I used to admin that place) kept telling me how awful he was. I'm happy to see he's had some success. But are we really suggesting he be in the same conversation as a La Russa or a Sparky?
          Adipose

Comment

• MakoShark
            Disgruntled
            • Jun 2013
            • North Alabama
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
            I take it the Giants won the Series? They were playing the Royals or some other small market team, right? Does one WS win make a dynasty, or have they also won it recently?

I always liked Bochy when I followed baseball, but all my baseball friends (and folk on the Padres Board when I used to admin that place) kept telling me how awful he was. I'm happy to see he's had some success. But are we really suggesting he be in the same conversation as a La Russa or a Sparky?
            They've won 3 in 5 years. Love Bochy. Love Panda and Spence, but hate the Giants.
            sigpic

Comment

• Panama
              パナマ
              • Aug 2013
              • London
              • Opera singer and web developer.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
              They've won 3 in 5 years. Love Bochy. Love Panda and Spence, but hate the Giants.
              Sorry, who are Panda and Spence?
              Adipose

Comment

• UtahBolt
                Did we win?
                • Jun 2013
                • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                • Send PM

It's weird, they have three titles and none of those teams were what you would call dominating. I think in all three seasons they were the underdog in the playoffs and yet they still won. As a Dodger fan myself, I got in an argument with another Dodger fan last week because he thought that the Dodgers would have beaten the Giants should they have gotten past the Cards. No way...Giants win that series going away.

You are right OIP, it was a great game. They put in Madison Bumgarner and he was amazing again, yet you were sort of waiting for him to get tired and crack a bit. Then, low and behold he does ever so slightly and gives up the triple with two outs in the bottom of the ninth. Then, he digs deep and basically over powers the next hitter with high fastballs to win the series. Unbelievable performance by that guy...
                I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                  Go Aztecs and Pads
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

His moustache is a Hall of Famer.

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

Sorry, who are Panda and Spence?
                    Panda is the Giants 3rd baseman and Spence is the Right Fielder, both play the game with a lot of zeal and look like they're having a lot of fun doing it. I just like the way they carry themselves. You can tell they have a true love of the game.
                    sigpic

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Yes, he belongs in the same company as those two. He now has three rings, and IMO he is the best manager in baseball.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                        Go Aztecs and Pads
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

I didn't like Bochy when he was the Padres' manager. One of the reasons I barely watch baseball anymore.

Hate that pitchers don't pitch all 9 innings. Hate that there is ever even a thought that it's a good idea to take a guy out who is pitching a 1-hit shutout.

Hate that non-pitching starters take so many days off.

I don't give a shit if this means that pitcher's career will be cut short. They make enough that they don't need long careers.

Yea, I know Bochy was the manager when we made the World Series the 2nd time. But, come on. The coach who made that team was Dave Stewart. He forced his pitchers to pitch all 9 innings.

The offense, which he had no control over, wasn't that good. It was the pitching.

Cool backup catcher to Terry Kennedy. Successful manager for his teams. But shitty for baseball.

As soon as he left, Bochy instituted the boring brand of baseball that I can't stand to watch. The game is boring as fuck and people like Bochy are the reason.

Comment

Working...
                        X