• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Where has that kind of performance been the rest of the season then? Where was it against Tampa, New Orleans and the Broncos? Of the 8 biggest blown leads in franchise history, three have occurred this season. OK, Brady and Brees are future HOFers. But allowing Lock to look like Brees and Brady in the 2nd half? This defense also allowed Gardner Minshew and Joe Flacco to mount comebacks. I am not bagging on Bosa's heart. I think he gives his all every game. But, again, I question just how deep his talent really is. When he got that contract this off-season, I was expecting a player who could lift his team, the defense. He's not that kind of player, or he hasn't been yet.
    He has also been flagged for a couple sacks or hits that even the TV guys said was ticky tacky.

Talk to Gus about this. Bosa is fine imo but he could be a little more durable.
    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
    181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
    225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He has also been flagged for a couple sacks or hits that even the TV guys said was ticky tacky.

Talk to Gus about this. Bosa is fine imo but he could be a little more durable.
      Agreed on both points. Thank you.

Comment

• JOJAX85
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Irmo, SC
        • Send PM

Bosa is all out every play. You can't teach that kind of motor. But he needs help & this year in particular he's not getting any. James coming back will help, but we need to bring in another Edge for sure.

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

He's been banging up his head recently. Gotta get him some help this spring.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

I don't mean to bag on Joey here. I think he plays hard every game. However, at this point anyway, I don't think he is quite the talent that he is hyped to be. I was a bit surprised to see him chosen for the Pro Bowl, as his production as been far from elite this season.

He is the highest paid defender in the league, and I don't believe his talent warrants that kind of money. His contract pays him an average of $27 million over 5 years. This season he has 7.5 sacks in 12 games played. No forced fumbles, one fumble recovery. The Chargers are tied with the Jets for 24th in team sacks with 24.

I know that people will say he hasn't had much help, and that he can't do it all himself. But when you are the highest paid defensive player in the league you expect a difference maker like Aaron Donald. Bosa is not on that level. Bosa has had one game where he flashed that kind of skill - against Buffalo. But the Chargers were dominated in that game, and it's the only game I've seen Bosa be that kind of player. He has made his share of plays throughout the season, but, again, he hasn't been a difference maker. The Chargers' defense has blown so many leads this year.

I like Joey Bosa a lot and am glad his a Charger. I'm just saying I don't think his play warrants the contract he received, and the Chargers have a bunch of players the team needs to re-sign next year.
            Please tell me another joke.

Comment

• AK47
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              25% pass rush win rate. 5th overall. 30% run/stop win rate. 8th overall. Yes not a typical year for Bosa. But the supporting cast was not helpful. Hes fine.
              The total team sacks amount......I think that stat is a bit skewed for us since aren't we one of the lowest in pass rush attempts? Gus doesn't bring the heat as much this year due to not having Ingram and James.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

I don't mean to bag on Joey here. I think he plays hard every game. However, at this point anyway, I don't think he is quite the talent that he is hyped to be. I was a bit surprised to see him chosen for the Pro Bowl, as his production as been far from elite this season.

He is the highest paid defender in the league, and I don't believe his talent warrants that kind of money. His contract pays him an average of $27 million over 5 years. This season he has 7.5 sacks in 12 games played. No forced fumbles, one fumble recovery. The Chargers are tied with the Jets for 24th in team sacks with 24.

I know that people will say he hasn't had much help, and that he can't do it all himself. But when you are the highest paid defensive player in the league you expect a difference maker like Aaron Donald. Bosa is not on that level. Bosa has had one game where he flashed that kind of skill - against Buffalo. But the Chargers were dominated in that game, and it's the only game I've seen Bosa be that kind of player. He has made his share of plays throughout the season, but, again, he hasn't been a difference maker. The Chargers' defense has blown so many leads this year.

I like Joey Bosa a lot and am glad his a Charger. I'm just saying I don't think his play warrants the contract he received, and the Chargers have a bunch of players the team needs to re-sign next year.

All that said, I do wonder if Bradley doesn't know how to get the most out of Bosa's skills, or he is unwilling to adapt his scheme to do so. I think the Chargers will have a new DC in 2021, even if Lynn is retained, and I look forward to seeing if that helps Bosa become difference maker we all want him to be.
                I hear you Velo but consider that contracts are also about timing, in that, the market is constantly changing, and until recently with CV19, value always goes up.

So the “best” “player in their position” isn’t necessarily the highest at all times because the next guy in that elite category will get a bigger contract a year later.
                its the same for every position, it’s just the market

and also leverage, frankly we were not in position to play hardball with our best defender
                Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I hear you Velo but consider that contracts are also about timing, in that, the market is constantly changing, and until recently with CV19, value always goes up.

So the “best” “player in their position” isn’t necessarily the highest at all times because the next guy in that elite category will get a bigger contract a year later.
                  its the same for every position, it’s just the market

and also leverage, frankly we were not in position to play hardball with our best defender
                  Yes, you are right. Bosa's contract may not seem so huge in a few years, though I am confused about whether the salary cap is going to go up or down due to the revenue loss from not having fans in attendance this year. I have complete faith in Bosa's desire to play up to his contract and give everything he has in every game. Remember when the Chargers paid Donald Butler in 2014? Ugh. I know some want the Chargers to shut Bosa down for the remainder of the season, but I'll bet my retirement check next month that Bosa wants none of that, if he is cleared from the protocol he will be demanding to play.

Comment

Working...
                  X