• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kgbpasha
    #болтап
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Tyron Johnson

I think this kid makes it. It's a tough group to break into but I think with a little polish to his routes (mimic Keenan kid)...
    he will stick around. Having speed doesn't hurt. He can catch too from the little I've seen during camp. Catching from Taylor and Herbert is a clue....

• like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Tough but inconsistent hands. He is limited in his catch radius, ability to beat press coverage, and is not explosive at all. Tyron is fast but not overly sudden at all, long build up game speed.

I haven’t seen much beyond when scouting him in college, so he may have improved over the past year. I think he will land on the PS again this year.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Based off of what ninja posted the other day showing the Bills offense led by Tyrod, I’m finally picking a side and saying the slightly better blocker in Holly will beat out the more versatile Nabers for fullback 1
      it’s contradictory to traditional wisdom perhaps but if planning on running the ball, we’re keeping the absolute best blockers.
      we have many other skilled position guys who can catch and run so whatever targets would have gone to Nabers will simply be sacrificed
      and Holly isn’t exactly a slouch catching, he consistently has shown the ol run the flat, no neck turn and catch route
      old LoNeal style haha

Go Bobby, I’m rooting for ya!!
      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        Based off of what ninja posted the other day showing the Bills offense led by Tyrod, I’m finally picking a side and saying the slightly better blocker in Holly will beat out the more versatile Nabers for fullback 1
        it’s contradictory to traditional wisdom perhaps but if planning on running the ball, we’re keeping the absolute best blockers.
        we have many other skilled position guys who can catch and run so whatever targets would have gone to Nabers will simply be sacrificed
        and Holly isn’t exactly a slouch catching, he consistently has shown the ol run the flat, no neck turn and catch route
        old LoNeal style haha

Go Bobby, I’m rooting for ya!!
        Im curious to see if they keep them both. Nabors as a TE/H Back/FB. Just line up and go hit people. Leave the other team beat up.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• kgbpasha
          #болтап
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Starting to get a little chemistry with Herbert. I knew this kid had it. Hope it carries into next year.

Comment

• Classic
            Hall Of Fame
            • Dec 2014
            • Send PM

Looks to be better than Tyrrell.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by kgbpasha View Post
              Starting to get a little chemistry with Herbert. I knew this kid had it. Hope it carries into next year.
              The Bolts have badly needed that third guy who can make plays. They've missed that since Tyrell left. It was key to the success of 2018, when you had a healthy Mike Will having a break out season in addition to a third big play threat in Ty Will. In this league anymore you have to be deep at WR. They aren't all going to all be Pro Bowlers, but you gotta have guys who can produce and make a play. An Andre Patton as your third best WR is lame. Tyron looks like he might have a future in that role though. He just needs to keep developing into a more polished route runner and become more complete.

Now, what's up with Mike Williams? They exercised his 5th year option so he will be in LA next season, but beyond that?

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

I’m all in on Ty Johnson

Comment

• SuperCharged
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Utah
                  • Midnight Toker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                  Tough but inconsistent hands. He is limited in his catch radius, ability to beat press coverage, and is not explosive at all. Tyron is fast but not overly sudden at all, long build up game speed.

I haven’t seen much beyond when scouting him in college, so he may have improved over the past year. I think he will land on the PS again this year.

doh' :ml:

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

The Bolts have badly needed that third guy who can make plays. They've missed that since Tyrell left. It was key to the success of 2018, when you had a healthy Mike Will having a break out season in addition to a third big play threat in Ty Will. In this league anymore you have to be deep at WR. They aren't all going to all be Pro Bowlers, but you gotta have guys who can produce and make a play. An Andre Patton as your third best WR is lame. Tyron looks like he might have a future in that role though. He just needs to keep developing into a more polished route runner and become more complete.

Now, what's up with Mike Williams? They exercised his 5th year option so he will be in LA next season, but beyond that?
                    I think McDubb is not at 100% again.

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                      I’m all in on Ty Johnson
                      he is growing on me.... not only does he fight for the ball om deep balls but he seeems to work really hard after he makes a short catch.... i like his toughness and effort.....

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by kgbpasha View Post
                        I think this kid makes it. It's a tough group to break into but I think with a little polish to his routes (mimic Keenan kid)...
                        he will stick around. Having speed doesn't hurt. He can catch too from the little I've seen during camp. Catching from Taylor and Herbert is a clue....

he has some skills...... i like him more each game..... he may be a long term keeper.....

Comment

Working...
                        X