• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Scotty Boy View Post
    I think Telesco has drafted and signed free agents in an overall solid manner.

Look carefully at some of his “misses” and you’ll see that some drafts just do not produce a whole lot of quality starters.

My biggest problem with TT is he’s too “nice”. I saw him say before the season that he’s “extremely happy with the coaching staff”; yet made a comment about himself that if the Chargers keep picking at #6 he won’t be around too long.

After last year’s debacle, he should have created an environment of challenging EVERYONE - including the coaches - to improve.

Great organizations and leaders are always looking to motivate to raise the bar....
    TT's drafts have not been very good...... except for a few can't miss players like Bosa that any teams would have taken...... Dallas truly believed the stupid rumors of the Chargers taking Ramsey and were ready to draft Bosa...... the TV cameras were on in the Dallas war room as the Chargers picking Bosa was announced and all the Dallas people in war room including both Jonses ...all their jaws dropped...... and they quickly had to go to plan B which was to take Elliot...... most of TT's middle round and late-round picks have sucked ....... most other teams have picked better players overall..... some teams have rebuilt their OL in one year or two...... Chargers have been trying but failing for a decade or more......with little results......

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Kelley wasn't active for yesterdays game. 4th round pick

And I understand that the team didn't have the 3rd round pick because of Murray but this years class - after Herbert and Murray'
      3rd - no pick
      4th Kelley inactive
      5th Reed - did he play
      6th - Gilman - has he even played a snap
      7th - Hill

thats not much production 3/4 of the way through the season

So if you ask me do you want to keep TElesco?

ehh, not really. I mean, if he were to bring Brian Kelly - maybe
      but the track record speaks for itself
      agree..... and if we look at other years..... virtually same results....top pick good or ok, but rest extremely iffy......

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
        I actually like TT and hope he is back next season. There I said it. His biggest swing and misses have been on the o-line but at least he is swinging. He hasn't seemed to land one yet but I feel he is pretty good with most other positions and is great in the UDFA areas. The biggest reason I like him is that he has wrapped up KA, Ek and Bosa for years to come while Herbert (whom TT drafted, BTW) grows into his second contract. This team has pillars for Herbert to grow with for 3-4 more years and I will credit TT for that. It seems he finally has a chance to build the team he wants without having to meet PRs contract.
        disagree.... like him as a person, but draftking Bosa was a no-brainer and drafting Herbert was needed(since they sent Rivers packing.....).....This team has been rebuilding for more than a decade..... Fluker was a miss, Gordon was nothing spoecial, Williams is a great 50-50 ball guy but not great at much else and he is vewry injury prone..... oufr RB'sa have all been too small and not durable...... secdondary draft choices c annot cover, except for James who is always hurt......

Other teams have rebuilt their OL's in a year or 2 yet Chargers have failed agt building an OL for over a decade.... that means your GM and coaching have not done the jopb......

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

disagree.... like him as a person, but draftking Bosa was a no-brainer and drafting Herbert was needed(since they sent Rivers packing.....).....This team has been rebuilding for more than a decade..... Fluker was a miss, Gordon was nothing spoecial, Williams is a great 50-50 ball guy but not great at much else and he is vewry injury prone..... oufr RB'sa have all been too small and not durable...... secdondary draft choices c annot cover, except for James who is always hurt......

Other teams have rebuilt their OL's in a year or 2 yet Chargers have failed agt building an OL for over a decade.... that means your GM and coaching have not done the jopb......
          Some of TT's biggest head-scratcher picks have been 3rd rounders:
          Pip
          Tuerk
          Mager
          Chris Watt

You would expect a LOT more production, and longevity, out of a third rounder that what we got with these guys...

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Some of TT's biggest head-scratcher picks have been 3rd rounders:
            Pip
            Tuerk
            Mager
            Chris Watt

You would expect a LOT more production, and longevity, out of a third rounder that what we got with these guys...
            I thought Chris Watt was a decent pick. His career was destroyed by that injury while trying to make a transition from guard to center. He was very effective at guard his rookie year.
            Tuerk was a gamble: he shredded his knee and he was reportedly down to 250 or so one season: but Hardwick once was down to that weight his 2nd season as a Charger
            Mager was also a gamble: shrine game star; he looked good his rookie year in spots, but seemed to go backwards.

Yeah,Pip was a head scratcher: small school guy who didn't stand out at the shrine game; Jets were able to get something out of Egbue who shined at the senior bowl

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

TT's drafts have not been very good...... except for a few can't miss players like Bosa that any teams would have taken...... Dallas truly believed the stupid rumors of the Chargers taking Ramsey and were ready to draft Bosa...... the TV cameras were on in the Dallas war room as the Chargers picking Bosa was announced and all the Dallas people in war room including both Jonses ...all their jaws dropped...... and they quickly had to go to plan B which was to take Elliot...... most of TT's middle round and late-round picks have sucked ....... most other teams have picked better players overall..... some teams have rebuilt their OL in one year or two...... Chargers have been trying but failing for a decade or more......with little results......
              Then why do we continue to lose? Talent generally wins in this league.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

How about that Tyron Johnson, huh? (hint)

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                  How about that Tyron Johnson, huh? (hint)
                  He and Guyton really have been nice finds
                  With Hill and Reed - I just do not see JaMarr Chase or Waddle as much of priorities

Mike Williams might also be let go unless he lowers that cap number

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

He and Guyton really have been nice finds
                    With Hill and Reed - I just do not see JaMarr Chase or Waddle as much of priorities

Mike Williams might also be let go unless he lowers that cap number
                    especially if they keep HH. There’s just not enough balls to go around.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                      Outback Goon
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Australia
                      • Send PM

Loving Johnson at the moment.
                      Hope he keeps improving

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

especially if they keep HH. There’s just not enough balls to go around.
                        Also not enough cap space. I know this thread is about Johnson but if the Chargers have 15m to spend - I would rather upgrade OL and roll with the current WR than keep MW at 15m than skimp on OL

Comment

Working...
                        X