Hey WTF we swept the Raiders, everything else is a bonus!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Hey WTF we swept the Raiders, everything else is a bonus!

Get your shit straight Charger fans!

Have a little fun, we didn't sweep the Raiders last year!
    Go Rivers!
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Yeah, I can understand why Q might be upset as his team lost but am not sure why everyone is so upset after the win.

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      Yeah, I can understand why Q might be upset as his team lost but am not sure why everyone is so upset after the win.
      They must have had Rivers, Gates and Allen in their FF lineups today...

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

BTW, the old raiderfans forum got merged into scout, and died, so there's a new place to look for losernation... raider-forums.com . Obviously talking about the #1 overall pick... they would lose it if they win a game and fall to #3, based on having the toughest schedule.

Comment

• TTK
          EX-Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • America's Finest City
          • Send PM

Another bonus!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24815793/raiders-eliminated-from-playoff-contention-earliest-team-out-since-2004

Raiders eliminated from playoff race, earliest team out since 2004

It's not easy to get eliminated from playoff contention before Thanksgiving, but the Oakland Raiders have somehow managed to do it. Thanks to their 13-6 loss to the Chargers on Sunday, the Raiders became the first NFL team to have their postseason hopes dashed.

How hard is it to get eliminated by Week 11? It's so hard that it hasn't happened in a decade. The last team to get eliminated this early was the 2004 Miami Dolphins, who were 1-9 after 11 weeks.

The 2004 Dolphins would go on to finish 4-12, a record that would probably feel like winning the Super Bowl to some Raiders fans. Oakland is currently 0-10 and riding a 16-game losing streak.

The Raiders last win came against the Texans on Nov. 17, 2013, meaning a full calendar year will have passed by the time Oakland gets its next win.

The Raiders losing streak is currently the fourth longest in NFL history, behind the 2006-07 Dolphins (17 games), the 2008-09 Lions (19 games) and the 1976-77 Buccaneers (26 games).

The 2008 Lions are the only team in NFL history that has ever gone 0-16 and they haven't been able to pop the corks on their champagne yet because the Raiders are still winless.

The Buccaneers went 0-14 in 1976 before the NFL moved to a 16-game schedule. Speaking of the Buccaneers, if the Raiders played in their division, not only would Oakland still be alive in the playoff race, but they'd still be mathematically alive to win the NFC South.

Anyway, maybe next year, Raiders fans. Maybe next year.

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Sweeping a shit team is such a big accomplishment for us, I guess. And people say I'm depressing/pessimistic. Beating the Raiders twice is why it's so much fun to have them in our division. We SHOULD beat the Raiders twice, every year.

And beating a shit team by 7 points is hardly Super Bowl worthy news.

It's funny, I'd rather go 14-2, with two blowout losses to the Raiders, and win the Super Bowl, then beat the crappy Raiders twice and go one-and-done (or worse). What's sad is that I honestly believe that many posters here would actually consider that first scenario a somewhat less-than-OK season.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Spoken like a true Raider fan, then you could say "but the Raiders beat them twice that year"...

On a serious note, I poke fun at Q, but I know he is a Charger fan. I like and respect him though I do not always agree with him.
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Thanks Al for leaving us the gift that keeps giving.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                  Sweeping a shit team is such a big accomplishment for us, I guess. And people say I'm depressing/pessimistic. Beating the Raiders twice is why it's so much fun to have them in our division. We SHOULD beat the Raiders twice, every year.

And beating a shit team by 7 points is hardly Super Bowl worthy news.

It's funny, I'd rather go 14-2, with two blowout losses to the Raiders, and win the Super Bowl, then beat the crappy Raiders twice and go one-and-done (or worse). What's sad is that I honestly believe that many posters here would actually consider that first scenario a somewhat less-than-OK season.
                  Can't even figure out what you are bitching about. We swept them and are alive in the playoff race. If we don't make the playoffs, we do have the small satisfaction of rubbing it Raider fans faces. Not sure how you turn that into people wanting to to beat the Raiders instead of winning a Super Bowl.

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Can't even figure out what you are bitching about. We swept them and are alive in the playoff race. If we don't make the playoffs, we do have the small satisfaction of rubbing it Raider fans faces. Not sure how you turn that into people wanting to to beat the Raiders instead of winning a Super Bowl.
                    He's just pissed because the Chargers beat his team.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                      Thanks Al for leaving us the gift that keeps giving.
                      Bad Spunk In The Form Of A Punk.
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Lighten up, Francis. You're the one who "started" it with the "Q is upset because his team lost". We swept a crappy team; whoopee! But...it's the RAIDERS!! Holy shit! Our season is saved! You guys post between-the-lines shit like this all the time, and then get your panties in a twist when I point out - again, and again, and again - that a win, or a loss, against ANY team is exactly that: ONE win or ONE loss.

But I stick to what I said: If they Chargers went 14-2, with both losses to the Raiders, and won the Super Bowl, there WOULD be many comments about how "the only thing missing from that season was....".

Which I think is positively laughable. The entire Raider Hatred thing is SOOOOO overblown. If hysterical how much life you 'Haters' give the Raiders.

Comment

Working...
                        X