• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
    Gus called an excellent game plan against KC. Our players got gassed in the end and our offense stumbled.
    The D was gassed at the end - for the second week in a row. While I understand the lack of preseason clearly affects conditioning, we did have the ball almost 11 minutes more than they did - and this includes them having the ball for more than 8 minutes in OT. We should not have been that gassed on their last drive in the 4th quarter.

Comment

• AK47
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The D was gassed at the end - for the second week in a row. While I understand the lack of preseason clearly affects conditioning, we did have the ball almost 11 minutes more than they did - and this includes them having the ball for more than 8 minutes in OT. We should not have been that gassed on their last drive in the 4th quarter.
      To be specific. Bosa was clearly gassed. Tillery right behind him. That's the amount of energy it takes to get to Mahommies.........for 3 quarters. Burrow was getting hit as with Mahommies. Derwin would've taken a lot of pressure of Bosa.

Comment

• Silversurfer
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Los Angeles
        • Send PM

Brandon Marshall went on the record and said Chargers D needs to work on their conditioning as they looked gassed in the 4th. Man those Mahomo runs on 3rd down really killed us.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

To be specific. Bosa was clearly gassed. Tillery right behind him. That's the amount of energy it takes to get to Mahommies.........for 3 quarters. Burrow was getting hit as with Mahommies. Derwin would've taken a lot of pressure of Bosa.
          I have no problem with Bosa and his effort, but if he is that spent at the end of a game in a climate controlled stadium where we had an over 16 minute time of possession advantage at the end of the 4th quarter, than I blame Bradley for not rotating him out more earlier so he has something left when the game is on the line. He does go all out every play - the coaches need to use him better.

Comment

• AK47
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

I have no problem with Bosa and his effort, but if he is that spent at the end of a game in a climate controlled stadium where we had an over 16 minute time of possession advantage at the end of the 4th quarter, than I blame Bradley for not rotating him out more earlier so he has something left when the game is on the line. He does go all out every play - the coaches need to use him better.
            One thing I noticed is they didn't have oxygen tanks like usual. Perhaps sharing is prohibited due to covid. That said Denver is gonna have an advantage?

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
              Chargers Hall of Fame
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
              Brandon Marshall went on the record and said Chargers D needs to work on their conditioning as they looked gassed in the 4th. Man those Mahomo runs on 3rd down really killed us.
              I'm not surprised. After watching Hard Knocks, I think Lynn is just not a strategist when it comes to football. He's a good guy, no doubt. But he places such a HIGH stock in being a "leader of men" at the cost of doing what it takes to win the games.

That's why he comes out publicly to support Taylor starting over Herbert in week 3. He wants to demonstrate loyalty. He wants Tyrod, a guy he likes, to have every opportunity to play this season so that he can be signed next year at a good salary. He cares about the man.

But that decision is at the expense of our wins.

Likewise, Lynn had COVID and spent a lot of time talking about COVID and worrying about COVID affecting our players. As such, I believe he didn't press as hard this offseason in terms of the physical level of play. I get it (worried about the guys getting COVID).

TBH, I wasn't happy that our one time to play in SoFi this offseason was canceled because of him wanting to be a leader of men and make a stand on the issue of BLM. He wanted to lead these men.

So, great guy. But I think he prioritizes (or seems himself first) being a leader of men with wise sayings and "caring" for the players. Both great things.

But if I'm gonna have to choose. I'd like the wins. You can have both, but if you can't, let's think about ways to win (a little more BB please).

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Chargers went on a 10 minute drive to take the lead in the 4rth quarter.

The D played very well.
                My problem is that once again, it played well enough to lose.
                They couldn't stop Cincy at the end...the Ingram interception was a fluke play (although a great play by Ingram).

QB figures out coverage schemes by 4rth quarter; pressure diminishes; blitzes not getting to qb. This happens all the time - its a feature of the D.

They are blitzing in crunch time, but the blitzing is not effective; i don't think they spend time practicing it enough.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Bosa played only 57 snaps. A lot of times, when teams blitz, certain D linemen are decoys and can conserve energy....they just need to pull blocker towards them.

Chargers don't blitz much, so it takes herculean efforts getting past the chip and OT to get pressure on the qb.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

One thing I noticed is they didn't have oxygen tanks like usual. Perhaps sharing is prohibited due to covid. That said Denver is gonna have an advantage?
                    For Bosa he can have his own private tank! it would be worth it!
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

The big scramble on 3rd down was due to the call Bradley blitzed on that play so the middle of the field was wide open

Comment

• SuperCharged
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Utah
                        • Midnight Toker
                        • Send PM

Once Mahomie started getting happy feet there should have been a spy on him every down. I know that limits zones but still that 3 and 22? Easy up the middle. That is a massive breakdown IMO. Lots and lots mistakes cost us. Mahomie scrambling. Dropped coverage on Kelse. The no call unsportsmanlike. The pick. The holding I saw from their O line on many plays. Play calling on short yardage. A slightly underthrown ball to big mike in the endzone. I'm tellin ya if we clean up some things we could be a beast this year. With #10 at the helm of course.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

For Bosa he can have his own private tank! it would be worth it!
                          True, what did Topcat (I want more blitzing) think about that blitz? Live by blitz, die by the blitz!
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X