• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Imho, you start Herbert. We’re destined for middle of the road results with Tyrod. We know what we’re getting with him, he’s not turning into drew brees at this point. We’re getting an 8-8 9-7 record based on our defense with a 16-18 pick. If you start Herbert you get a top ten pick and valuable experience for your Franchise Qb. Sure he will make mistakes, but he could flash and then we know what we have and every game is a win because he gets better.

But Tyrod has dirt on Lynn so he’s going to start until next season because Lynn loves his boring mobile quarterbacks.
    Loyal Lynn is ever faithful to keep Tyrod, his good old Buffalo Buddy at the helm of the BolTitanic to the end...ALL ABOARD!

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Loyal Lynn is ever faithful to keep Tyrod, his good old Buffalo Buddy at the helm of the BolTitanic to the end...ALL ABOARD!
      Lynn got a one year contract extension and is in a prove it year and tying his fate to Taylor somehow becoming a better QB than he has shown to be the past decade is just utterly bizarre to me. He might have got a mulligan on the year starting Herbert, but will stubbornly go down in flames with his pet veteran players and coaches.

Comment

• jubei
        Vagabond Ninja
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

bolts ALSO missed a FG...given it was no gimme at 50yards, but still makeable. so missed FGs cancel out. I didnt watch the last 7 minutes or so of the game so missed the last drive by the bungholes.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

the Picket Fence Weekly....

Your last drive of the game was also your longest. What were you guys doing well to get in that position to possibly score and win?

"We just got them on their heels a little bit. We got in a good rhythm ... I got in a good rhythm with my guys a little bit — it was the first rhythm I felt all day, and we started moving the ball pretty well. Unfortunately, it was too little too late."
          https://www.chargers.com/news/joe-burrow-speaks-after-loss-to-bolts
          RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Coachmarkos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • SoDak
            • Technology Director
            • Send PM

I don't really put that on Gus.

The defense played well overall. The offense absolutely should have been better.
            "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
              I don't really put that on Gus.
              so you're a proponent of the prevent @game's end ??

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                I mean I’m all for calling our coordinators but he did have his d hold the opposition to 13 points with 2 TOs. Could we pick a better game to call out Gus?

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                  As mentioned above. He brought pressure a few times on that drive. They beat it. That's not the prevent.
                  "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                    This is intended to be a silly poll, right? You can't really expect any NFL team to fire their defensive coordinator after one game? What kind of team does that?

TG
                    Same team that fires a 14-2 Coach?

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
                    sigpic

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post

As mentioned above. He brought pressure a few times on that drive. They beat it. That's not the prevent.
                      not a coach, and.... am gonna disagree.

clearly remember early in the game really liking our defensive formation, and how tight we had our seven guys in the box.... looked formidable/solid.

our defensive formation on Cincy's last drive was clearly spread out and backed up.... in prevent.

Comment

• Caslon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

It's always scary watching how opposing teams pick apart the Chargers secondary in the 4th quarter and march down the field on successive passing plays, especially when they need to score. All the opposing team has to do is run passing plays the secondary hadn't seen earlier in the game, It's then that the pass coverage looks lost and befuddled every time. Guys are wide open.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                          It's always scary watching how opposing teams pick apart the Chargers secondary in the 4th quarter and march down the field on successive passing plays, especially when they need to score. All the opposing team has to do is run passing plays the secondary hadn't seen earlier in the game, It's then that the pass coverage looks lost and befuddled every time. Guys are wide open.
                          We're a young team for the most part...growing pains...and every victory we sneak away with here keeps us in the season until they gel and mature....
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X