• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Chiefs at Chargers Week 2 Pre Game Discussion

Early line is Chiefs by 7.5. Did these odds setters watch both games?
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    Early line is Chiefs by 7.5. Did these odds setters watch both games?
    The early line was set before the game - we'll see adjusted odds tomorrow, though I don't expect much of a change (perhaps a half point more to the Chiefs).

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

last year we lost to them by a touchdown in Stubhub.... by ten to them on the road,

pretty even talent wise on offense, save for Patrick, and.... we may have an edge w/our back seven on D ??

we need to work on a more rhythmic passing attack w/Keenan in the mix a bit more, and preferably w/some KJ Hill added in there as well.

we need to not only throw the ball alot more to Ekeler, but need to give Kelly some tosses outta the backfield and into some open space on the second level as well, and....

personally would up my quota to Virgil Green some too.

for the back seven, would like to see alot more Denzel and less Vigil, and would like to see less Rayshawn and more Nasir and Mike D.
      RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
        last year we lost to them by a touchdown in Stubhub.... by ten to them on the road,

pretty even talent wise on offense, save for Patrick, and.... we may have an edge w/our back seven on D ??

we need to work on a more rhythmic passing attack w/Keenan in the mix a bit more, and preferably w/some KJ Hill added in there as well.

we need to not only throw the ball alot more to Ekeler, but need to give Kelly some tosses outta the backfield and into some open space on the second level as well, and....

for the back seven, would like to see alot more Denzel and less Vigil, and would like to see less Rayshawn and more Nasir and Mike D.
        Need to score more than 13 points to beat the Chiefs. Taylor was not just bad he was terrible.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Win TOP with Kelley and more passes to Ekeler and TEs
          Pressure Mahomes into mistakes
          Shock the world
          Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Any word on Tranquil? Looked like a bad ankle sprain but hard to tell.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

The only chance I see us having in this game, and it is a very slim chance, is if we somehow get one of those 40 minute time of possession games where we run it down their throat and keep their O on the sidelines. I just don't see that happening. It's a division game so we know each other but we are simply far too limited at QB and with our offensive play calling/coaching staff to hang with them.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
                Any word on Tranquil? Looked like a bad ankle sprain but hard to tell.
                Reported as a broken ankle, but I think he broke both lower leg bones. The foot rotated way too much in both directions.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

I think KC has 19-0 potential. I think they come in focused and prepared to play. And Reid always eats our lunch.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Reported as a broken ankle, but I think he broke both lower leg bones. The foot rotated way too much in both directions.
                    That is terrible

Comment

• FoutsFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Birmingham AL
                      • Send PM

One other thing, Murry looked very good, still room to improve but he looked good. By mid season he will great out there.

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

...."except for the QB position"....... is a GIGANTIC difference...... lol...... and if we add the difference in coaching it amounts to about a 20-30 point difference.....

The reason Taylor throws so few picks is he takes no chances...... he does not throw with enough accuracy to throw safely in the middle of the field so he just heaves up high floaters to Williams or Henry down the sideline where there is low risk of being picked off and those receivers are very good at 50-50 balls.....

The Chargers OL and defense looked good against last years worst team......the Chief's OL and DL are far far better. then the bengals OL and DL.............

The chiefs are not going to punt over and over again to keep the Chargers in the game.......like CIN did......

Chiefs will also not fumble the game away......

Burrow threw 2 TD passes that did not count..... one was dropped and a penalty negated the other....... we easily could have/should have lost to CIN.......

There is no way Taylor(who is a solid backup QB) can lead the Chargers to playoffs scoring 1 TD per game(chargers do not have 9 bad teams to play that we can beat by just kicking FG's)......Chargers need to start Herbert to see what Herbert can do or cannot do and so we have a chance to score more than 16-20 points per game......

an ugly win against NE, KC, NO, SF , SEA would be ok, but ugly wins against the worst teams like CIN are a very bad omen of things to come......

I agree that Kelley needs to be our main RB...... with Ekler catching more balls......

Comment

Working...
                        X