Panthers @ Chargers Game Day Thread (Wk 3)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Coaching matters.
    Outcoached again.
    We should take this into consideration in evaluating our Oline performance.

Run/Pass and Play Action normally throw defenders off balance obviously.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

I listened to AL's presser.... if I was Herbert that wouldn't be motivation for me, and if I was the owner/GM, would hesitate to call that anything close to masterful in terms of inspiring the play of my team.

sounded more like sour grapes to me.... he had already thrown PR under the bus a coupla few times over the last few seasons, has apparently had difficulties w/a coupla few other players on the roster, and he obviously has been hit or miss of late w/a successful game plan.... personally think he's feelin' the heat, and don't want a rookie QB to go by the wayside due to job politics.

his last presser he cleaned up his act some and took some responsibility for things, and then in the same fell swoop basically referred to Bosa as stupid.... (I stopped listening after that).

stupid is as stupid does.... you might like tough love/negative reinforcement, just haven't seen the dividends by my count ??
      As far as i'm concerned, after losses Lynn can take a piece of wiped toilet tissue & present it to the team telling them "this how you played"..

He needs to start winning.

When Bobby Knight started losing, those type of things mattered.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Carolina's offensive line performed decently with trent scott and a bunch of backups.
        Scott wasn't good enough to make the Chargers. They must have a really good offensive line coach.
        We should get him.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Coaching matters.
          Outcoached again.
          With the tipped signals, that's one of the little details to which this coaching staff seems inattentive.
          Drive sustaining penalties, standing over the center on field goal attempts (my God! why does this happen?), tipped signals...
          It goes well beyond just focusing on turnover deficits. Kelley might possibly have not been trying to cut backwards - with ball exposed, into the teeth
          of pursuing defenders, if Bobby Ross was the head coach.

Ross was a nuts & bolts type of guy and that little detail might have been emphasized to his running backs. You can get away with that stuff in the college game.
          Preaching to not turn it over, and preparing them to not turn it over are not necessarily the same thing.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
            Carolina's offensive line performed decently with trent scott and a bunch of backups.
            Scott wasn't good enough to make the Chargers. They must have a really good offensive line coach.
            We should get him.
            Wait a min--ute...

Oh...:chuckle:
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Kenneth Murray didn't perform well in this game. But Kyzir White did. That's what I'm reading. Also penalties by the defense (offsides) and special teams, coupled with the defense's inability to force any turnovers the past two games, are killing this team.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

As far as i'm concerned, after losses Lynn can take a piece of wiped toilet tissue & present it to the team telling them "this how you played"..

He needs to start winning.

When Bobby Knight started losing, those type of things mattered.
                BK.... the poster boy for what I'm talking about.

you like the college coach that use to throw basketballs at the back of the heads of his players when they didn't do what he wanted.... no thx,
                RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                  You believe what you want to believe, and hear what you want to hear.
                  hey.... not claiming to be anything but an armchair QB here, and.... are you saying you like AL's demeanor/persona and consider his coaching style as effective for this team ??

and is someone like David Shaw/Mike Riley (: too soft for what you have in mind ??

and yeah.... call it what you want.... eye like an Eli/Herbert persona/demeanor much more than any sort of Cutler/Rivers of the such.... just my preference.
                  RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    Kenneth Murray didn't perform well in this game. But Kyzir White did. That's what I'm reading. Also penalties by the defense (offsides) and special teams, coupled with the defense's inability to force any turnovers the past two games, are killing this team.
                    I thought K9 played well but Kyzir has had 2 straight great games.
                    True on all the defensive errors.
                    The offensive needs to put up more than 16 pints for us to win.
                    We have a top 5 scoring D through 3 games.
                    We should be better than 1-2.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

BK.... the poster boy for what I'm talking about.

you like the college coach that use to throw basketballs at the back of the heads of his players when they didn't do what he wanted.... no thx,
                      He pissed on John Wooden.... a bigger Indiana legend than himself. He's dog crap.

Comment

• AFCWEST
                        Registered Chiefs Fan
                        • Dec 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Maybe we will hire Eric Bieniemy?
                        We have some ties.
                        You do know that Bieniemy does not call the plays for KC. He is the go between on the headset.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AFCWEST View Post

You do know that Bieniemy does not call the plays for KC. He is the go between on the headset.
                          More than aware.
                          If I’m not mistaken, he is heavily involved in the offensive game planning, player development, and scheme adjustments.
                          Eric also has extraordinary leadership skills, time management, and street credit as a former player.

I am an AL proponent so not looking for a HC change but just answering a question someone posed.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X