• Show
Clear All
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post
    Settle down fellow bolts brothers......:cuss::cuss::cuss:

The run game is fine. Balance is always better than heavy run or pass. Mainly because you can game plan for that.

I can tell you why they kept pounding the rock. They were trying to wear down the D line. That is fine. The game would have been vastly different had Kelly not coughed it up. Yet it was a tough break. You can't fault him it was a good play coming from behind for the strip.

1-2 and I am still having more fun watching the Chargers with all these young weapons then I have the last few years. The rookies are only going to get better.

Rookies - Herbert int. Kelly fumble, KJ Hill 2 drops. All game killers.

The #1 concern for me is the O-line. The way it's going we're going to be practice squad scouting for new O-linemen.

Just enjoy this new chapter in Charger football. It looks promising as hell.

I know the running game is fine it's the reason why I made this thread for. My point was Herbert threw 49 times in the game when we were avg 5 ypc rushing the ball and only ran the ball 23 times and 3 of those were by Herbert. So the one thing that this team has done well so far was run the ball well and they were doing fine on Sunday and yet Lynn decides that Herbert needs to pass 49 times. I am not advocating for us to be a run dominant team I would like us to be balanced if possible but what you don't do is go away from what is working and that is the running game.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post

I know the running game is fine it's the reason why I made this thread for. My point was Herbert threw 49 times in the game when we were avg 5 ypc rushing the ball and only ran the ball 23 times and 3 of those were by Herbert. So the one thing that this team has done well so far was run the ball well and they were doing fine on Sunday and yet Lynn decides that Herbert needs to pass 49 times. I am not advocating for us to be a run dominant team I would like us to be balanced if possible but what you don't do is go away from what is working and that is the running game.
      Look at it this way....At least we know the kid can throw it 50 times a game! If we had a decent oline the defenses we play would have brown streaks in their shorts!
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Look at it this way....At least we know the kid can throw it 50 times a game! If we had a decent oline the defenses we play would have brown streaks in their shorts!
        Moving the ball isn’t the problem.
        We’re averaging 151.6 YPG rushing.
        Herbert has averaged over 300 through the air.
        Why can’t we score? We turn the ball over 5 (4 that count) in the last 2 games.
        Last edited by like54ninjas; 09-29-2020, 08:54 PM. Reason: YPG not YPC.....
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I lean towards learning on the bench if you haven’t guessed yet. Part of it was watching Brees and Rivers do the same thing, as well as others at the time. But it is different now.
          I agree with learning from the bench when it comes to more raw QBs and working to improve basic fundamentals to the point it becomes second nature before throwing a young QB in the fire. Mr. Herbert has impressed overall though with his composure and better than expected mechanics. The future appear quite bright for our new franchise QB!

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Moving the ball isn’t the problem.
            We’re averaging 151.6 YPC rushing.
            Herbert has averaged over 300 through the air.
            Why can’t we score? We turn the ball over 5 (4 that count) in the last 2 games.
            Herbert is a rook and TT's O line is a wreck(as usual)

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
              I agree with learning from the bench when it comes to more raw QBs and working to improve basic fundamentals to the point it becomes second nature before throwing a young QB in the fire. Mr. Herbert has impressed overall though with his composure and better than expected mechanics. The future appear quite bright for our new franchise QB!
              Look! A charger fan in LA!!!
              endangered species
              I will protect you, boltUp InLA
              welcome!!!
              .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
              .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
              .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
              .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
              .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
              .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
              .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
              .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
              .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

The run game needs to find a way to get the "tough" yards. In regular down and distance things are OK. We still get blown up for a loss and that inconsistency is a problem, but it is getting better.

The problem so far is so many 3rd/4th and short's not being converted. Our red zone running game is terrible. We cannot convert first downs. We cannot impose our will on the other team.

The other thing to consider is that we are throwing a lot off of play action. So a lot of Herbert's efficiency is due to the run/pass synergy. If we throw the game on his back, and force him to carry the team, the whole thing may come crumbling down because the play action game will only be effective so long as we keep running the ball, plus a little bit until the other teams we play figure out we aren't running it as much anymore.

Our entire offense is a work in progress, and I am not just referring to Herbert. Every position group needs to play better, and more importantly we need them to play as a unit.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
                  Not that there's to much to be excited about but Herbert neatly drove down the length of the field and gave this team a chance to win from there own 1 yard line with 1.55 on the clock and no timeouts. Just wondering what might have been of he had been able to start from the 20 yard line instead.
                  Seemed like yet another crap call by the zebras. He didn’t have control or he would have just stopped and not pitched it before he fell in the EZ. I thought both of JH fumbles were forward passes
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡