FILM STUDY: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (week3 vs CAR)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NoMoreChillies
    Outback Goon
    • Sep 2018
    • Australia
    • Send PM

FILM STUDY: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (week3 vs CAR)

Seems as though i am a day late and a dollar short on this weeks film study. Quite fitting and parallels Chargers performance. My apologies diehards.

Another fantastic All-22 view from SOFI. We have it good brochahos, so lets not delay.

The Good:
    1st 8:44. 2nd and 2. Our Rookie QB recognizes the blitz and audibles to outside run play away from the blitz. This is excellent QB awareness + intelligence + leadership and not something i expected from our Rookie.
    Try to ignore the comentators and listen to Herberts calls

here is the ALL-22 views so we can see what Herbet sees

truly impressive stuff. The game within THE GAME and makes this aussie think we gonna be alright fellow diehards. We knew this season was ? but Herbert is showing the "right" stuff and building my hope/hype.

The Bad:
    4th 4:33. Chargers have just scored and have all the momentum. Carolina was about to crumble and we could feel it coming. Then BAM momentum killling play and giving Panthers vital breath of air.

White falls for the play action (he is LB and that happens....) but his safety net was Adderly who also failed on this play. Instead of breaking towards the ball and becoming a ball hawk we all want him to be, he runs parallel to the reciever diagonally and is 6 yards away when the reciever makes the catch. I gotta stop picking on this kid but film dont lie.
    EDIT* I forgot to add this play had significant time issues impacted later in the game. If CAR doesnt get over 50yrd line, Lynn is not forced to use timeouts on defense and can allow the Chargers to have a little more wiggle room in the final drive.

The Ugly:
    3rd 9:12. Chargers driving after a good 1st down. Looking for a long drive and we witness this......ummm......yeah.....nah.......

Only explanation we can offer comes from fellow diehard "21&500": MWill saw a spider:LOL:

Honorable Mention:
    3rd 4:18
    Herbert showing confidence and arm strength threading the needle to Allen even with allowed pressure from RT Pikins
    Last edited by NoMoreChillies; 10-01-2020, 06:49 PM.
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Good stuff.
    The audible and TD throw we’re masterful by the rook.
    Penalties and turnovers were the bad and ugly to me.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
      Outback Goon
      • Sep 2018
      • Australia
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
      Good stuff.
      The audible and TD throw we’re masterful by the rook.
      Penalties and turnovers were the bad and ugly to me.
      added EDIT on bad play with reason i forgot to add in originally. Agree on Turnovers

Comment

• CivilBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

I feel like that failed MW end around play was the turning point of this game.

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

The Bad play. The middle linebacker stayed and totally bit on the play action runner faking running left even tho the right outside LB had that running lane covered. I have a feeling Brady will toy with our linebackers on play action, exposing that groups weakness.

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post
            I feel like that failed MW end around play was the turning point of this game.
            I think that's the first end around this year. Not sure what went wrong with it. Apparently, calling that play sure didn't catch them off guard with the successful previous plays leading up to it. Can someone critique that play? I missed it. How come it failed so miserably?

Comment

• CivilBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

I think that's the first end around this year. Not sure what went wrong with it. Apparently, calling that play sure didn't catch them off guard with the successful previous plays leading up to it. Can someone critique that play? I missed it. How come it failed so miserably?
              The OC said the play was disrupted by one of Carolina’s corner blitzing.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

i already covered this on the GDT but it looks to me that Mike freaked out when he saw a spider on the ball and decided to shriek in fear.
                Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Yeah what spot did TT draft MDubb at?Wow.

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

MW has been near invisible this season. maybe herbert doesnt like to do what rivers did...just throw the ball up for grabs and hope your big guy can come down with it. but we have a size mismatch with MW that needs to be exploited with fades and what not. at around the 40 yard line going in I'd take a shot on a deep ball to MW and let the boy go get it.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                      MW has been near invisible this season. maybe herbert doesnt like to do what rivers did...just throw the ball up for grabs and hope your big guy can come down with it. but we have a size mismatch with MW that needs to be exploited with fades and what not. at around the 40 yard line going in I'd take a shot on a deep ball to MW and let the boy go get it.
                      Hard to say...maybe Mike Williams is getting double teamed entire game and Herbert is forced to throw to other players.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Just saw that the panthers beat Arizona....maybe the three teams we lost to are not so shabby.... 2 of the 3 teams we lost to are playoff contenders and we don't know where carolina will end up at. so....
                        Maybe it's not all bad in chargerville....Imjustsayin,,,,
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                        X