Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Indy Fans Love Rivers

Browsing a couple of Indy fan forums. They are falling in love with PR. All of them seem surprised at his accuracy and velocity. Good to see them embrace him.

:More Q Please:
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

"Rivers is a great QB. He’s had crap or less than stellar offensive lines throughout the majority of his career. He’s going to do well for us through this year and I do think he will come back next year."

"No worries, it's undeniable that Philip has been highly effective in his brief time with the Colts, evidenced by the fact that 3 games in, the Colts offense has yet to go 3 & out"

"PFF shows Rivers has been pressured 17 times in 3 games this season. Last season he averaged 14 pressures per game!
    Our OL is doing great, Rivers is getting rid of the ball quickly. Gotta love it."

"Just posted that in another thread. Absolutely insane. The Chargers really wasted his talents for over a decade."

"It's why I keep telling people that it's because that entire organization is poisoned to the roots. Those of us that have followed them now for a period of time after having followed other, actual champion organizations for decades previously (in my case, the Steelers) really do know what we're saying."

"As long as we keep blocking for him the way we have its going to get better and better as we go.I have a nice feeling about this team"

- I see more of a wait and see attitude, i don't know where you are get this embracing him bit.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

I love Rivers too. But I'd rather have Herbert at 22 than Rivers at 39. At the end of the season I won't be too surprised if the honeymoon is over Indy and Colts fans look at our young gunslinger with envy.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        I love Rivers too. But I'd rather have Herbert at 22 than Rivers at 39. At the end of the season I won't be too surprised if the honeymoon is over Indy and Colts fans look at our young gunslinger with envy.
        It worked out well for the Chargers at qb.
        Herbert will go into the Charger Hall of Fame after a long career of the organization wasting his talents.
        His first two games is just a taste of things to come. His demise here will likewise be unkind.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
          Superbowl?
          • Sep 2018
          • Los Angeles/Chicago
          • Send PM

Rivers is 38, only one year older than Rodgers and 4 years younger than Brees and 5 years younger than Brady.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

Rivers is 38, only one year older than Rodgers and 4 years younger than Brees and 5 years younger than Brady.
            He's going to be 39 at the end of the season. I rounded up.

Comment

• SuperCharged
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Utah
              • Midnight Toker
              • Send PM

:idby:

I haven't been this excited for the future for our under achieving franchise for at least a decade. :killme:

Comment

• jubei
                Vagabond Ninja
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

He may be 38 but he's probably got the body of a 45 yr old...being that he was beaten up pretty bad behind the bolt oline. Also, I dont think he trains nearly as hard as the others in this list and for sure doesnt have the physical abilities of those on this list.

Comment

• foreigner
                  Tom Telesco is gone
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

He may be 38 but he's probably got the body of a 45 yr old...being that he was beaten up pretty bad behind the bolt oline. Also, I dont think he trains nearly as hard as the others in this list and for sure doesnt have the physical abilities of those on this list.
                  you sleep with him or something? the guy looks solid as a rock, he may not have the legs of Mahomes or Jackson but not even when he was young..... it was a wasted career in "our beloved" organization.... sorry Philip, you wasted your career in the sorriest team of the league... hope you get a ring with a Colts. I am happy for him.

Comment

• foreigner
                    Tom Telesco is gone
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

our team goes fiasco after fiasco.... fuck.... fuck the spanoses!!!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

This organization has wasted Rivers prime years with crap OLs. Herbert looks to be a good one down the road but the difference is his mobility which will help with OL woes...hopefully.

Rivers with a good OL will pick apart any defense. He is still a better passer than Herbert and throws a more catchable ball. Herbert still bullet passes a lot of his throws. Elway would probably had a better completion % if he werent mangling fingers in his career lol.

Herberts brothers have said their hands and fingers are sore from working out with him. Lets hope he learns some touch. Love what we have seen so far but still needs to improve in areas.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

Which is a pure guess by you lol. He has only been beat up once after a season. He hasnt taken near as many sacks as Watson and Wilson for example while they also run often so im not sure why you say that about him.

Comment

Working...
                        X