LAC @ Tampa Bay Bucs Game Day Thread (Wk 4)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Biggestfan View Post

Guilty of the negativity. I'm a frustrated chargers fan who sadly has seen the same thing over and over regardless of who the coach is. My biggest concern was and is this defense. We clearly do not have good enough coaching staff they are inept.
    Fix tha for you!

Comment

• Biggestfan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

Fix tha for you!

I concur

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Brock Bowers N.M.W.
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Biggestfan View Post
        Herbert made a few mistakes. From the gate, when Brady marched down with ease on the opening drive uncontested I knew it'd be a long day. When the Chargers actually had a lead, I got fooled yet again. As bad as the oline is, Bucs dline is stout. The biggest issue was the defense getting zero pressure. Didn't the Bucs score on every possession in the second half? Thats poor defense on the Chargers. Why this front office thought our defensive line would be good enough with or without Ingram is laughable. Tillery is horrid at run defense and wildly inconsistent at rushing the passer. This team should have overhauled the defensive line.
        Justin Jones being out weakens the dline rotation, puts more run downs in Tillery's lap, not as fresh for the passing downs.
        Melvin Ingram is missed...he isn't a force, but he is still a great compliment to Bosa...real disappointed Nwosu is not stepping up there.
        Derwin James is a dangerous blitzer...alas, just another reason to miss him.
        Tranquil as one of our more athletic LBs is also missed, both in coverage and blitzing.

Like the oline, our front 7 should have been much improved...and was looking that way. Like the oline, it got blown up by injuries....I know people don't want to hear that, but facts are facts...we are hurting.

But I will concede that Melvin Ingrams position needs to be addressed, unless Nwosu starts playing better...Bosa is great, but if he is the only threat on the field in the pass rush, he might as well be on the sideline...one sided pass rush never works.

As for Tillery...he is still coming into his own...he has shown us some good stuff this year, but he is still growing....I think if Jones is there to take up those run downs, Tillery is far more effective.
        The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

as I was saying....

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Johnson and Parham both caught a TD pass - that's good.

BUT - that's the only pass they caught - that's bad!

How about that tremendous sideline catch by Allen! He's really a great WR. - We need another like him.
            The rest of our WR's don't get open enough - even MW only gets open a few times a game.
            Get Herbert another WR that runs good routes and he'll be even better.
            Our offense is treallyt going to miss Ekeler.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Was hopin KJ Hill would fill that spot.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

have to say, the near biggest surprise for myself to date is the no show by KJ Hill.... really thought he was gonna bring it a bit, and....

still say not to sleep on Perryman's coverage skills, 'specially as compared to the likes of Kyzir 'n Tranq,
                RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

Working...
                X