• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

The "I Still Like Herbie" Bolts vs. Bucs Post-Game Thread

Even though we lost, remember this is still a team with the GOAT, Tom Brady, and Gronk, no less, on the winning side. I was hoping for a win, but not really expecting one. The key momentum changer was that botched handoff from Herbie to Kelley, resulting in a fumble and then a Buc TD, right before the half. In spite of the loss, I still see a bright future for Justin Herbert. No WAY Tyrod throws those two TD bombs to Guyton and Johnson. Those two plays alone were things of beauty. Herbert also showed some very nice touch on several screen passes. His accuracy was amazingly pinpoint on the TD to Parham and that one sideline pass to KA. I see some very impressive improvement by Herbie. All the kid needs are more reps, more practice handing off, etc., and I think the wins will come. Keep the kid in the lineup, Lynn! Even with the rook miscues, he still gives us our best chance to win!
  • BigBad
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

I honestly don't care about anyone else on the roster at this point. You build the offense around his strengths and draft to accentuate those strengths. I've seen this organization waste too many player's careers.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post
      I honestly don't care about anyone else on the roster at this point. You build the offense around his strengths and draft to accentuate those strengths. I've seen this organization waste too many player's careers.
      Yep. We can start with a solid OT...make that a couple of OT's and an IOL...At least we have solid backups with Johnson, Guyton and Parham...

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

we’re in good position overall
        Acquiring the franchise QB is half the battle
        We have a bonus in the weapons department especially with the surprising performances by Guyton, Johnson and Parham, this tells me Herbert can work with average joes, which is a trait of an elite QB (Rivers threw to nameless jerseys a particular year)

it’s all on the Oline, no doubt we win a few of these games with Bulaga and Turner

bit moving forward let’s build that chemistry with young guys who can stay healthy
        Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

OT is our biggest need imo
          doesnt matter which side, play the best one on the left and have Tevi and Pipkins compete for the other
          Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• BigBad
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            We have a bonus in the weapons department especially with the surprising performances by Guyton, Johnson and Parham, this tells me Herbert can work with average joes, which is a trait of an elite QB (Rivers threw to nameless jerseys a particular year)
            This is so true!

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

I trust campen will know what to do with out Oline, I just hope Lynn and Telesco are wise enough to listen.

Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                Even though we lost, remember this is still a team with the GOAT, Tom Brady, and Gronk, no less, on the winning side. I was hoping for a win, but not really expecting one. The key momentum changer was that botched handoff from Herbie to Kelley, resulting in a fumble and then a Buc TD, right before the half. In spite of the loss, I still see a bright future for Justin Herbert. No WAY Tyrod throws those two TD bombs to Guyton and Johnson. Those two plays alone were things of beauty. Herbert also showed some very nice touch on several screen passes. His accuracy was amazingly pinpoint on the TD to Parham and that one sideline pass to KA. I see some very impressive improvement by Herbie. All the kid needs are more reps, more practice handing off, etc., and I think the wins will come. Keep the kid in the lineup, Lynn! Even with the rook miscues, he still gives us our best chance to win!
                agree..... now lets build an OL around him and add more speed at WR and secondary..... to throw the deep ba;l more and defend the deep ball.....

Comment

• JustAnotherFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

When the leading rusher is the QB with 14 yards......

That Herbert did as much as he did, with NO ground game, the defense knew he had to throw, kept up insane pressure on Herbert and he still got 290 yards and 3 TD's.
                  QBR of 86.0, insanely good for a rookie.

The future is bright, the present sucks.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    OT is our biggest need imo
                    doesnt matter which side, play the best one on the left and have Tevi and Pipkins compete for the other
                    TT's O line needs much more than a Tackle?!?Dude straight sucks at building trenches on both sides.Look at Rivers in Indy.Thats an NFL o line.TT damn well better go heavy on O line this off season and protect our future QB.If not then show his ass the door.

Comment

• AFboltfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2018
                      • Balboa Park bench
                      • Medical Simulation
                      • Send PM

Its going to suck when Lynn puts Tyrod back in...

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                        X