• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jubei
    Vagabond Ninja
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

We have Herbert, Allen, Henry, Williams and Ekeler in the passing attack and we suck at running the ball, currently ranked 29th in YPC, but you would have us go ground and pound against the #15 defense in YPC against instead of using our air attack against the #32 ranked New England defense in yards per pass against, simultaneously negating our strength and their weakness. :facepalm1:

You do get that running the ball shortens the game?! We are the team with the potential for explosiveness on offense, a potential that New England cannot match. New England wants a battle of running games so that they can secure a close win at the end. They are ranked 30th in percentage of passing plays. They are forced to play scared, crappy Anthony Lynn run heavy offensive football because their QB sucks. By contrast, our QB and receivers are awesome. The Anthony Lynn ground and pound special plays right into their hands.

We lost the games against KC, TB, NO and DEN because we went turtle conservative at key momentum changing moments in those games. We lost the game against MIA because we went turtle conservative for the whole game taking the ball out of Herbert's hands. You can call that an opinion, but the fact is that we had specific drives stalled by that approach immediately followed by the other team either gaining or consolidating momentum in their favor. It has happened in game after game and Lynn is utterly oblivious to it.

With our passing attack and our inability to run the ball (despite the presence of the "leader of men into many losses"), we should have the highest percentage of passing plays in the entire NFL and we are not even close to that (currently ranked 20th).

If we were to go unrelentingly pass heavy on early downs, I could see us winning this game by three scores, but I already know that Lynn will not do that and that he will do other things of a piss poor coaching nature to make this a close game despite our team having much better talent than the Patriots.

And 4-16 in one score games since the beginning of the 2019 season tells us that when the game is close, there is an 80% chance that Lynn will do enough to give the game away.
    remember when the jets were supposed to be not so good at stopping the run...or was it another team...? we ran and we did crap against them on the ground.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

^^^THIS right here^^^ Preach it brah. I'm totally on this train and I'm not being facetious. I also dont believe any credit should be given to lynn for Herbert. After all he doesnt know anything about QB coaching...he's a glorified RB coach who is in over his head as HC, constantly being outcoached by other HCs. Hell the Jets almost came back to win for Buddha's sake! This last game was about THE WORST management of a game I'd EVER seen! It's like he cant think while there is a clock running and has to call time outs just to punt the ball! LOL! and calling TOs...why does he wait so damn long to call a TO and let precious seconds run off the clock when time is of the essence?! I have NO idea what goes on inside his head during games, or if ANYTHING goes on inside there. OK sorry, rant over.
      Explain Belicheat needing a FG at the buzzer to beat the same Jets team.
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

[QUOTE=Critty;n1143395]

Explain Belicheat needing a FG at the buzzer to beat the same Jets team. [/QUOTE}

Explain the Mike McCoy Chargers defeating three Super Bowl participants 3 out of his four years.

If the whole career of Belichick and Lynn were boiled down to their respective team's performances against the Jets, they both appear equal.
        Of course, there is a bigger picture that you neglect to mention.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Chain. your half ass takes are pathetic.
          Look at all of it!
          The Patriots rank 7th in scoring defense vs the pass and rank 4th in interceptions.
          Also Patriots rank 21st in total rush yards allowed and rank 15th in scoring defense vs the rush.
          If you look at their starting line up. The secondary is their strength. Per attempt is one stat. And it is correct. But the totality of all the stats clearly show the Patriots defend the pass much better than the run.
          Last edited by Critty; 12-04-2020, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

[QUOTE=powderblueboy;n1143428]
            Originally posted by Critty View Post

Explain Belicheat needing a FG at the buzzer to beat the same Jets team. [/QUOTE}

Explain the Mike McCoy Chargers defeating three Super Bowl participants 3 out of his four years.

If the whole career of Belichick and Lynn were boiled down to their respective team's performances against the Jets, they both appear equal.
            Of course, there is a bigger picture that you neglect to mention.
            So you did not explain it or answer. You deflected back to me.

Okay, you want to talk bigger picture. What was Belicheat record after his first 60 games as an HC in NFL. What is Lynn record after first 60 games.
            ​​​​​
            I won't deflect.
            For McCoy. My explanation is QB Driven league and he had Rivers in his prime. A QB capable of going toe to toe with any team in the league.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Critty.... your defense of Lynn reminds me of when we use to ride clay skateboard wheels.

pretty much no matter how good a sk8er you might of been, it really didn't take much of anything w/those wheels to throw you off your sk8board and into the ditch.

then came along urethane, and oh my, they just smoothed over so many little pebbles, cracks in the sidewalk and heretofore unmakeable transitions, and you just kept on riding, wipeout free.

and then came soft urethane, 'specially oversized soft urethane wheels, and it really took something to get you off your game.... unbelievable addition to the sk8board set up.

and so.... for some reason, and for the many, many reasons you continue to dig/dredge up, it just doesn't seem like it takes much to get Lynn off his game.... like he's got a set of clay wheels under him ??
              RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

My big picture.
                9-7 move to LA.
                12-4 and playoff win.
                5-11 move away from 38 year old QB
                3-8 new rookie QB. Competitive and arrow pointing up.
                Other Fans: Torches Pitchforks. Lynn sucks, this is why.
                Me: Want to see 2021 with Lynn.

​​​​​​

Comment

• jubei
                  Vagabond Ninja
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                  My big picture.

Me: Want to see 2021 with Lynn.

​​​​​​
                  Lord please no.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                    Outback Goon
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Australia
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                    Critty.... your defense of Lynn reminds me of when we use to ride clay skateboard wheels.

pretty much no matter how good a sk8er you might of been, it really didn't take much of anything w/those wheels to throw you off your sk8board and into the ditch.

then came along urethane, and oh my, they just smoothed over so many little pebbles, cracks in the sidewalk and heretofore unmakeable transitions, and you just kept on riding, wipeout free.

and then came soft urethane, 'specially oversized soft urethane wheels, and it really took something to get you off your game.... unbelievable addition to the sk8board set up.

and so.... for some reason, and for the many, many reasons you continue to dig/dredge up, it just doesn't seem like it takes much to get Lynn off his game.... like he's got a set of clay wheels under him ??
                    agree
                    those clay wheels are:
                    Campbell, Adderly, Ingram, Pipkins, St.Louis, Groy, Jenkins, Facyson, Kelley, JJackson, KJ Hill, Reed, Badgely, White etc.
                    Some of them could become urethane but they will never be soft urethane

Comment

• Caslon
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

Lynn's had a reasonable amount of time to produce, to show that, despite injuries, he's the man when he has a full deck. Hell, you give Dallas Cowboys Barry Switzer an inherited system full deck and he'll win a SB...he did his first year after Johnson. Switzer was fired the next year when it was just him and not Jimmy Johnson and what he left Switzer.

In a tiny way, whoever succeeds Lynn has been left something coming in...a legit franchise quarterback.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                        Lynn's had a reasonable amount of time to produce, to show that, despite injuries, he's the man when he has a full deck. Hell, you give Dallas Cowboys Barry Switzer an inherited system full deck and he'll win a SB...he did his first year after Johnson. Switzer was fired the next year when it was just him and not Jimmy Johnson and what he left Switzer.

In a tiny way, whoever succeeds Lynn has been left something coming in...a legit franchise quarterback.
                        To produce??
                        how about just show some requisite competence
                        how about show that you’re not a liability to your own team?!?
                        Give me the same record without the
                        same
                        exact
                        mistakes
                        every
                        week
                        and we can talk about 2021
                        show some responsiveness with Gus or Stewart when we’re still in reasonable contention
                        Point is that it’s not responsible to ask our stud qb to continue knowing his own HC is not an asset to his own team, at least not enough of an asset to overlook “rookie HC mistakes” in his 4th year.
                        we’ll see how much responsibility the Spanos decide to take
                        Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

[QUOTE=Critty;n1143449]
                          Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

So you did not explain it or answer. You deflected back to me.

Okay, you want to talk bigger picture. What was Belicheat record after his first 60 games as an HC in NFL. What is Lynn record after first 60 games.
                          ​​​​​
                          I won't deflect.
                          For McCoy. My explanation is QB Driven league and he had Rivers in his prime. A QB capable of going toe to toe with any team in the league.
                          I didn't want to play your game....which is taking one game and distilling it into an absolute measurement. What's the saying about any given game?

But alright...

1. In division games are typically closely fought affairs, despite the difference in records.
                          2. Jets traveled to the west coast to play the Chargers; they stayed at home to play New England
                          3. New England has actually beaten a good team this year....unlike the Chargers, the Jets game is not their high water mark.
                          4. 35 - 7

the bigger picture...

1. Belichick: 6 Super Bowl champions, 9 AFC championships, 13 AFC championship games, 17 Eastern division titles,
                          1 Matt Cassell lead victory over Super Bowl participant (qb driven league, eh?), 2 - 0 against Anthony Lynn

2. Lynn: isser:0 Western division titles, 0 victories over Super Bowl participants, 1 playoff wild card victory, 0 - 2 against Bill Belichick

3. McCoy: isser:O Western division titles, 3 victories over Super Bowl participants, 1 playoff wild card victory, 0 - 1 against Bill Belichick

Comment

Working...
                          X