• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

This won't be popular but does anyone think Brian Shott is ready to be a HC? He is Seattle's OC and has been a OC for some time now.

However, this puts him in the rookie HC Catagory though he at least has been around it his whole life. Works for Shanahans kid.
    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
    181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
    225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
      Outback Goon
      • Sep 2018
      • Australia
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      I just don't see the draw to Bienemy. Another unproven rookie HC that doesn't even call the plays for the Chiefs. What body of work does he have asside from he is on Reeds coaching tree but doesn't have the reigns to the offense?
      agree

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
        THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
        Generous Donor
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

No more ‘hot coordinators’, ‘geniuses’ or ‘projects’, please. Throw all the money at a proven HC and move on.
        NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Nothing is guaranteed. Look at McCarthy. Proven, superbowl winning coach. Team mutiny on his hands in recent weeks.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Chargerville
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            Nothing is guaranteed. Look at McCarthy. Proven, superbowl winning coach. Team mutiny on his hands in recent weeks.

TG
            I always kinda felt that his success had more to do with Aaron Rodgers (and Favre) than it did, them being a well coached football team. Like even the next guy goes 13-3 to the NFC championship with Rodgers. His teams always felt like Rodger’s would bail them out of the fact that they typically had an average running game and a suspect defense... meaning most of the time to me, it felt like their flaws would be covered up by the fact that their quarterback was a hero (with the exception of one or two seasons).

Just my opinion though, I was never big on him.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by KYBoltsFan View Post
              No more ‘hot coordinators’, ‘geniuses’ or ‘projects’, please. Throw all the money at a proven HC and move on.
              I agree. I would be okay with Bieniemy more because of the track record of Reid assistants. But I want a proven HC.

Today, my leader, well my leader last week was Jim Caldwell - sticking with him as the guy I want.

But Jim Schwartz would be good too.

I am done with the never been a HC but the assistant route.

Comment

• Chargerville
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by KYBoltsFan View Post
                Lately (in the 2000s) The Chargers imo don’t try real hot (high profile) coordinators like Kyle Shanahan. It’s always the fraud ones.

If you take away Mike McCoy’s season with Manning, was anyone that impressed with his body of work?

Anthony Lynn was basically a career running backs coach who had never called plays for a full season... was anyone out that that impressed with his body of work?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargerville View Post

Lately (in the 2000s) The Chargers imo don’t try real hot (high profile) coordinators like Kyle Shanahan. It’s always the fraud ones.

If you take away Mike McCoy’s season with Manning, was anyone that impressed with his body of work?

Anthony Lynn was basically a career running backs coach who had never called plays for a full season... was anyone out that that impressed with his body of work?
                  You are so correct. Gilbride and Al Saunders. McCoy, Norv and Turner. They all are typical Spanos hires.

They got lucky with Schottenheimer and I think its because Marty spurned Alex for the Chiefs but Butler was brought in and didn't have history. McCoy got lucky because of Manning. McCoy is not even coaching these days since he got fired by the Cardinals TWO years ago.

For the life of me, I cannot see how Telesco was around Arians for that 10 months in Indy, and part of that Arians was interim HC and when he got the SD gig he didn't hire him immediately.

I was not on this forum when Lynn was hired - I was still on the old UT board as that is when Spanos pulled the biggest stunt - but I wanted Mike Smith four years ago. I think I was the only one on that board that did. I still think he would have made a better coach than Lynn

And thats why I am for Jim Caldwell or JIm Schwartz. What they have done in Detroit tells me all I need to know.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

If you lose 4 games with 17 point leads (ok, i think one was only 14) you’re probably not a very good coach. Just the fact he didn’t fire the ST coach yet is reason enough for me.

Fire Lynn at game 12, get the jump on candidates for 2021. I am actually ok with losing more in 2020 - we need top OL desperately.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• BigBad
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

The Chargers find a way to lose as Justin Herbert makes history.CHECK OUT THE HABERMAN & MIDDLEKAUFF PODCAST https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/haberman-and...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                        If you lose 4 games with 17 point leads (ok, i think one was only 14) you’re probably not a very good coach. Just the fact he didn’t fire the ST coach yet is reason enough for me.

Fire Lynn at game 12, get the jump on candidates for 2021. I am actually ok with losing more in 2020 - we need top OL desperately.
                        Right - he should have fired Stewart after year 2 for sure after year 3

I am not about losing. I don't think losing is good. I want to win - creates a mindset. The Chargers aren't getting the ORegon kid anyway so win games -- for Herbert. I want Herbert to win games.

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Troy Aikman went 1-15 his rookie year and Peyton went 3-13 and they turned out ok.

Comment

Working...
                          X