• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
    This reminds me of 2011 with Norv and 2015 with McCoy. The team had completely given up and the rash of injuries started piling up. Rather than fire both HCs that same year the Spanos decided for 1 more year. My fear is this is what will happen this season and Lynn as well as Telesco will be given 1 more year.

Eric Bieniemy or Joe Brady would be excellent hires for this team next season.
    Extending Loyal Lynn another year would be like sending one more sailor down to the engine room to help bail out the Titanic with a teaspoon...the ship is still going down, and keeping Lynn aboard only delays the inevitable...

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Yes, he did throw him under the bus..... but has been much more complimentary the past 2 games..... and today at least he refused to answer the Taylor questions he gets every week..... so he is either opening up his mind or someone in managment gave him a talking to......
      Yep...imagine Baby Spanos calling Lynn into his office...somehow, I just can't imagine Spanboy giving AL a chewing out...more like along the lines of, "Anthony, my brother and I would REALLY like to see you give Herbie a little more support..."

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
        Yeah Ive already made my mind up that if loser ass Lynn and most of these idiot coaches are here next season Im takin a break from caring,repping and bein this invested in a team owned and run by a complete douche bag.
        Now come-on tell us how you really feel! LOL!

:Cheers1:
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...imagine Baby Spanos calling Lynn into his office...somehow, I just can't imagine Spanboy giving AL a chewing out...more like along the lines of, "Anthony, my brother and I would REALLY like to see you give Herbie a little more support..."
          Points for using the proper name, “baby Spanos”
          trying to straighten everyone out here on TPB, it’s exhausting
          I just found this thread, this is wtf I’m talking about
          I told myself I’d give it a quarter of the season to evaluate if Lynn was the guy for us
          I am convinced he isn’t
          Especially now that we have JH, it’s like a sportscar he just can’t drive.
          of the suggested, realistic, coordinator candidates (not an Urban Meyer or Nick Saban type of name)
          there is one that sticks out to me more than all
          controversial
          but hear me out
          Josh
          McDaniels

imo the true heir to the Belichick knowledge
          knows offensive football, especially the GOAT, inside and out
          look at what he’s doing with COVID CAM, I’m impressed
          Yes hes a fucking weasel
          yes he lacks integrity but all the better match to our idiot owners tweeting support to the Dodgers during Padre week.
          if you’re going to be an asshole, go full asshole and be THE asshole
          all I know if that if we hired JMcD, I won’t ever be left wondering, “did we maximize Herbert?”
          No one better qualified to develop JH imo
          Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

In reply to the topic header, my future doesn't include Lynn as being the HC of the Chargers. The Spanos' future maybe.

TT might retain all 3 and make fine tuned adjustments, with feedback from the Spanos', of course.

:More Q Please:

Comment

• Caslon
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

Not sure what bringing back a "when healthy" Tyrod Taylor will do for this team's offense. Lynn following thru on "Tyrod will start when he's healthy" will probably doom his stay here. And...if he changes that stance and stays with Herbert, then some may wonder about his "stances" to begin with.

Lynn, I dare you to start Taylor over Herbert. I double dog dare you!

Comment

• PORTERPARTY1
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2020
                • Send PM

Lynn may not be the problem. 11 starters out, problem! giving up 85 points in 3 games, problem!

give opposing qb all day to throw, problem.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                  Not sure what bringing back a "when healthy" Tyrod Taylor will do for this team's offense
                  What will it do? We saw it in the first game. It will likely cut down on the interceptions and will result in almost no offense. Taylor couldn’t make either of those long TD passed Herbert did, can’t take the hits that Herbert has and we’d probably have scored about 13 points.

Comment

• Lyth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Send PM

The problem with getting rid of Lynn mid-season is who takes his place? I don't remember the last time a head coach from outside an org came in mid season. Usually they promote an interim coach from one of the coordinators. It would only happen if the Spanos thought Gus was their next head coach. As poor a judge of coaching talent as they are, even they aren't that stupid.

I'm pretty sure we're riding this one out.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

George Stewart for interim coach
                      haha
                      that should go over well around these parts
                      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

What will it do? We saw it in the first game. It will likely cut down on the interceptions and will result in almost no offense. Taylor couldn’t make either of those long TD passed Herbert did, can’t take the hits that Herbert has and we’d probably have scored about 13 points.

All the respect in the world for Tyrod, but that hit Herbert took/gave against the KC lb would have killed him.

I know this sounds crazy (feeling crazy after 3 straight Ls) but I think I’d rather see Stick play over Tyrod

I want to know if Stick can be a true 2
                        Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Parcells
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

The main reason to play Tyrod would be for the purposes of tanking and not getting JH killed behind that line.

That said, I say to keep giving Herbert the snaps. He’s likely gonna keep developing.

Tyrod behind that line puts up less than 125 yards yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                          X