Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
    I am curious of the posters blaming Lynn for not starting Herbert earlier.. This argument makes no sense to me since the overall consensus I got from many analyst was that Herbert was not as ready to start as the other two QBs taken ahead of him. Many posters did not even like the pick. How is it now that Lynn should have known to start Herbert from the very start?? And who knows how much better Tyrod would have played if not sustaining cracked ribs early on in that first game while playing in this revamped offense that plays more to his strengths. The Shannahan offense is known to be user friendly for QB possessing the right skill set to run it. Out of all the arguments against Lynn, that is one of the more puzzling to me.

I have always said I understood why Lynn would want to lean towards the veteran is not flat out give him the job weeks ahead of camp which he did publicly
    But to me this is evidence of two things, Lynns inability to see what he has in front of his face daily and biases effecting his judgement
    We don’t know how Herbert and Tyrod were showing up in practice, but when you start connecting the dots in areas where he hasn’t been able to see the game and make reasonable adjustments, it’s pretty clear he wasn’t able to see Herbert being more than ready to legitimately challenge Tyrod.
    there was no genuine competition, which is a theme for a Lynn ran team. He has favorites, and they can stroll in and play whenever they decide to end a holdout regardless of how well Ekeler is playing—opps sorry, not over that, myself.
    locker room knows Lynn isn’t about putting best guys on the field, and they’re resentful, justifiably so.
    Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Jagged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Omaha, Nebraska
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post
      There really is a strong case to be made for the firing of Anthony Lynn.[/B][/I]
      We’re arguing the same point. Good post BTW.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Hire Urban Meyer

Comment

• Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
          I am curious of the posters blaming Lynn for not starting Herbert earlier.. This argument makes no sense to me since the overall consensus I got from many analyst was that Herbert was not as ready to start as the other two QBs taken ahead of him. Many posters did not even like the pick. How is it now that Lynn should have known to start Herbert from the very start?? And who knows how much better Tyrod would have played if not sustaining cracked ribs early on in that first game while playing in this revamped offense that plays more to his strengths. The Shannahan offense is known to be user friendly for QB possessing the right skill set to run it. Out of all the arguments against Lynn, that is one of the more puzzling to me.

WTF?! Opinions before the draft are irrelevant.

Head coaches have the opportunity to observe players during practice. In no world could that observation have resulted in an objective view that Taylor was the better QB. Seriously, that is like watching Bosa and Rochell and deciding that Rochell is the better player. The difference is that big. The KC game was just 7 days after the CIN game. I am not buying that Herbert suddenly flipped a switch during that week of practice or on the day of the game against KC for the first time.

There are years of tape on Taylor. We know what he is. He is exactly the kind of QB that played against Cincinnati and that played for Buffalo and Cleveland--limited arm talent, no risks, and the occasonal running play. He is a game manager. Taylor has not been able to produce a lot of points anywhere he has been. One drive from Herbert against KC made it abundantly clear for everyone else not having had the chance to see Herbert in practice that he was much better than Taylor, a night and day difference and not a close call. He currently carries a QB rating that is about 25 points higher than Taylor's in spite of Lynn's idiotic game plans that serve to minimize the impact of Herbert's vast talent.

So, either Lynn is a complete idiot and/or Taylor was Lynn's predetermined choice because Lynn wanted to run the run-run-pass-punt and/or the run-run-run-punt offense at all costs.

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

It what world are you living in. There was no pre-season.
            Live action. Real opponents to start seeing how a rookie player responds. Yet with no pre season Lynn would know to go ahead and not only that he said he was looking long term with Herbert So WTF?! is up with this assumption that cannot be proved. Tyrod can handle more of the offensive playbook. He is a veteran. Herbert is playing amazing. But we do not know what call and check and protections and decisions happen and impact the flow game when you have a different QB playing. Say what you want, but Fact is that Tyrod is undefeated as a starter this season. Tell me that is not a fact.
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post
              It what world are you living in. There was no pre-season.
              Live action. Real opponents to start seeing how a rookie player responds. Yet with no pre season Lynn would know to go ahead and not only that he said he was looking long term with Herbert So WTF?! is up with this assumption that cannot be proved. Tyrod can handle more of the offensive playbook. He is a veteran. Herbert is playing amazing. But we do not know what call and check and protections and decisions happen and impact the flow game when you have a different QB playing. Say what you want, but Fact is that Tyrod is undefeated as a starter this season. Tell me that is not a fact.
              My socks are black and that is just as relevant as Tyrod's record in comparing him to Herbert. Tyrod and Lynn were the chief impediments to success against CIN. The team won in spite of the poor efforts of those two, not because of them. (One thing I think you struggle with a lot in your posts is that correlation is not causation.)

So Lynn could watch practice and decide to start Murray with no preseason, but could not make that same decision with regard to Herbert based upon what he saw in practice? Is that your view?

So it was reasonable for Lynn to assume that Herbert could not master our team's system when he had to learn a new system every single season in college, was a strong student, and popped a 39 on the Wonderlic? Is that your position?

Honestly, Critty, I think you are grasping at straws here.
              Last edited by Guest; 11-21-2020, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                must watch tv....

"trust, dysfunctional locker room, selfishness."
                RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Keep the same standard. You use timeouts by Lynn as reason he isn't a good HC. Or late game play call. Or whatever you want to blame. But every single thing you post can be said about every coach in the league. And your silent on my post about detailing the true level of talent of each position on roster vs the league and opponents. And your silent when I showed you how some of the long time coaches in the league have been roasted in media for coaching decisions
                  ​​​​Your just grading the result with nothing but subjective opinion... which is the easy place to live, the critics seat where you do nothing but throw shade after seeing if it worked or not. And your completely overlooking the GM and Owners culpability in where this franchise is. Just pure Lynn hate. And I get it. Losing sucks I get it makes you feel better with a pitchfork and someone to blame. I know you do not buy my opinion of things and I don't need you to. I could care less if I'm the last Lynn fan left on the TPB. I'll give up on him when he is actually replaced. Until then I'm 100% backing this HC.
                  ​​​​​​
                  ​​​​​​
                  :stirringshit:​​​​​​
                  Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post
                    Keep the same standard. You use timeouts by Lynn as reason he isn't a good HC. Or late game play call. Or whatever you want to blame. But every single thing you post can be said about every coach in the league. And your silent on my post about detailing the true level of talent of each position on roster vs the league and opponents. And your silent when I showed you how some of the long time coaches in the league have been roasted in media for coaching decisions
                    ​​​​Your just grading the result with nothing but subjective opinion... which is the easy place to live, the critics seat where you do nothing but throw shade after seeing if it worked or not. And your completely overlooking the GM and Owners culpability in where this franchise is. Just pure Lynn hate. And I get it. Losing sucks I get it makes you feel better with a pitchfork and someone to blame. I know you do not buy my opinion of things and I don't need you to. I could care less if I'm the last Lynn fan left on the TPB. I'll give up on him when he is actually replaced. Until then I'm 100% backing this HC.
                    ​​​​​​
                    ​​​​​​
                    :stirringshit:​​​​​​
                    I disagree with your statement that good head coaches would have used timeouts like Lynn did against Las Vegas.

Lynn's got the 5th worst record, so I really do not need to break down the talent position by position to show that Lynn has underperformed unless one believes that the team is a bottom 5 team in terms of talent, which is a complete non-starter, so there is no need to waste my time doing that. Once you accept that the talent is above bottom 5, then Lynn is underachieving just as I and most of the others can see and have seen.

There is nothing subjective at all about my analysis. I have been very clear about how Lynn is screwing up, going into considerable detail about specific drives, explaining why the approach was wrong and further, how it can be fixed going forward.

I grade the head coach based upon his team's level of talent. Thus, the owner/GM contribution to player personnel is already considered. The issue is whether or not the coach is getting the most out of his players. Does the coach put his team in the best position to win? So, I do not expect teams with less talent than we have to have more wins. So, for example, even though Gase has fewer wins than Lynn does, I believe he has done a better coaching job this season than Lynn has because Lynn has underperformed by more, much more.

Gase could be doing a sensational job and still only have 1-2 wins. If Lynn were doing a good job, this team would be 9-0 right now. No coach in the league has underperformed more than Lynn has this season. I have explained the reasons why that is at length, especially how Lynn's tactical approaches have led directly to losses.

Feel free to stick with Lynn until January 4, 2021 when he gets fired. I really think we are past "if" at this point.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                      Accountability incarnate
                      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• jamrock