• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I disagree with your statement that good head coaches would have used timeouts like Lynn did against Las Vegas.

Lynn's got the 5th worst record, so I really do not need to break down the talent position by position to show that Lynn has underperformed unless one believes that the team is a bottom 5 team in terms of talent, which is a complete non-starter, so there is no need to waste my time doing that. Once you accept that the talent is above bottom 5, then Lynn is underachieving just as I and most of the others can see and have seen.

There is nothing subjective at all about my analysis. I have been very clear about how Lynn is screwing up, going into considerable detail about specific drives, explaining why the approach was wrong and further, how it can be fixed going forward.

I grade the head coach based upon his team's level of talent. Thus, the owner/GM contribution to player personnel is already considered. The issue is whether or not the coach is getting the most out of his players. Does the coach put his team in the best position to win? So, I do not expect teams with less talent than we have to have more wins. So, for example, even though Gase has fewer wins than Lynn does, I believe he has done a better coaching job this season than Lynn has because Lynn has underperformed by more, much more.

Gase could be doing a sensational job and still only have 1-2 wins. If Lynn were doing a good job, this team would be 9-0 right now. No coach in the league has underperformed more than Lynn has this season. I have explained the reasons why that is at length, especially how Lynn's tactical approaches have led directly to losses.

Feel free to stick with Lynn until January 4, 2021 when he gets fired. I really think we are past "if" at this point.
    Funny....that's my birthday!
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Funny....that's my birthday!
      Can’t think of a better bday gift
      .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
      .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
      .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
      .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
      .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
      .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
      .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
      .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
      .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Caslon
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

Sorta makes me wonder about the entire HC package. Other than the Spanos' choosing the DC and OC, assistant coaches play a part.
        Last edited by Caslon; 11-22-2020, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
          Outback Goon
          • Sep 2018
          • Australia
          • Send PM

This team is bottom 5 talent, the top 5 talent is injured. We have backups playing as starters and still have a chance to win each week.

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
            This team is bottom 5 talent, the top 5 talent is injured. We have backups playing as starters and still have a chance to win each week.
            A great coach makes the most of talent given. That's what makes a great coach. This ownership needs to hire that. Fat chance.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

I don't think you know what the word subjective means.
              After denying it, your very next sentence to explain it away had the phrasing Lynn is screwing up and wrong approach.

:goofylol:
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Lyth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
                I am curious of the posters blaming Lynn for not starting Herbert earlier.. This argument makes no sense to me since the overall consensus I got from many analyst was that Herbert was not as ready to start as the other two QBs taken ahead of him. Many posters did not even like the pick. How is it now that Lynn should have known to start Herbert from the very start?? And who knows how much better Tyrod would have played if not sustaining cracked ribs early on in that first game while playing in this revamped offense that plays more to his strengths. The Shannahan offense is known to be user friendly for QB possessing the right skill set to run it. Out of all the arguments against Lynn, that is one of the more puzzling to me.

No off season. No preseason. I'm honestly surprised that any team started rookie's week 1 this year. I wouldn't. I would have taken the Miami approach unless I had no other choice. I think I would have started Stick week 2.

Herbert must have really stood out at practice for Lynn to make that choice.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

If the Chargers lose today - Lynn's future just got a lot clearer

He gone!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Instead, Lynn has focused on how Miami is a good team that outplayed his team. Miami may be a fine team, but there is absolutely no appreciation of the fact that his stupid game plan put the game on a silver platter for the Dolphins to take. You know what might have been fun to watch? A game in which the explosive Los Angeles Charger passing attack took on a solid Miami team. We put our best foot forward and they put their best foot forward. I could live with that result from a coaching standpoint, but not with our laying down to get trampled heavy turtle anemic rushing attack offensive recipe to lose game plan.
                    Belichick in such losses always says that we got outplayed and outcoached. We need to do a better job.

Has Lynn ever blamed a loss to coaching?

Norv was the master of self evasion; he was always formulating his press conference blame shifting somewhere in the middle of the 4rth quarter.
                    I always enjoyed his press conferences for that purpose. An absolute master!

Comment

• Lyth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Belichick in such losses always says that we got outplayed and outcoached. We need to do a better job.

Has Lynn ever blamed a loss to coaching?

Norv was the master of self evasion, he was always formulating his press conference blame shifting somewhere in the middle of the 4rth quarter.
                      I always enjoyed his press conferences for that purpose. An absolute master!
                      No one could talk in circles like Norv.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                        If the Chargers lose today - Lynn's future just got a lot clearer

He gone!
                        With a loss today, this place will be as animated as a beehive under attack.

Crickets after a win.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
                          This is a contender for the most ridiculous post of the year. Seriously, this team has not been the less talented team on the field in any game this season even with the injuries fully considered.

All teams have injuries and are missing some of their good players. When Critty has raised the injury point as an excuse about why Lynn's bad coaching in a game was not really bad coaching, others have, on several occasions, pointed out the good players that the other team was missing. That's just another weak excuse.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍