• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Flores's team was complete garbage last year. They did a fire sale in the offseason and all the best players were auctioned away. At the beginning of last year, people wondered if they would win a game - so depleted were they in talent. They were getting blow out in every game leading up to the Charger game; the Chargers bungled there way to a too close than need be win. How typical!

Miami steadily & consistently improved from game 1 under Flores. The Chargers are steadily getting worse from that exact point.
    But what about the benching of Tua. The Monday morning armchair QBs would have roasted Lynn if the offense only put up 13pts and he benched Herbert in one score loss.
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

No. Players need to be put in the best position possible to win and Lynn has not come close to doing that. Games we should have won by multiple scores ended up being losses because of bad coaching decisions in game after game.

Lynn has no clue what to do. He needs to go pass heavy in every remaining game, especially on early downs, and take advantage of Herbert, but I would be shocked if he ever actually figured it out through his RB colored gasses. But hey, it only costs us about 14-17 net points per game, so no big deal, right? I mean as long as we have a chance to win a game that should have been at least a two score win for us, everything is okay, right?

If a coach has earned a strong reputation, then maybe he has earned a few mulligan seasons, but Lynn is McCoy--one 9-7 non-playoff season, one wild card round single playoff win season, one 5-11 season, and what looks like it will be another season with heavy losses. Why should Lynn be treated more favorably than McCoy for producing functionally the exact same result? I have yet to see anyone favoring Lynn answer that satisfactorily.
      I agree - he should be treated like McCoy - especially if they are 4-12 or 5-11 this year

I mean, one simple move like firing George Stewart and hiring Fassell when he was let go by the Rams - did the Chargers even call him up and say "hey do you want to stay in town?" - might have made a big difference this year.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

not sure if I've thrown in the towel on this season, but will admit that I opted for the bike ride and yard work instead of watching/following the game, and....

not sure of the context or the whatever, and.... if Lynnsannity broke out that beauty.... how much deeper does he want to dig his hole ??

not sure if peoples get it, and.... negative reinforcement does not work.

how does he continue to throw peoples under the bus like that ?? ....would be in shock if the locker room is not a total schizm/shizzle show.

and once again.... he has had the players.... he was 12-4 w/a likely HOF QB that he decided it best to get rid of, and now what.... he had his guy for a game, that was forgettable, and now he has been overgifted w/a rook phenom and still has troubles closing out games w/a guy who has shown he knows how to get the football in the end zone.

he thought he had problems @MLB and @SCB, and our FO got him new studs there.... a first rounder and a Pro Bowl replacement, and what.... the latter gets injured and he still insists on sending a very necessary cog to our D outta town.... his feelings/beliefs are more important than the team/org ??

for the life of me, can't see the one iota that he adds to the vibe 'round here, coz it is failing/falling, and badly so.

ps. just a friendly reminder.... he had the both of Bosa and James (two names I read repeatedly on this thread as the reason for our record), and went 1-4 to close out last season.
        I think in that 1-4 stretch having Bosa and James was exactly what you want. What is not helpful is the all the turnovers during those games. They have to play complimentary football. And they didn't get it done.

They were 4-5 and over final 7 games they finished 1-6 last year.

In 5 losses during that 1-6 stretch they turned it over twice or more.

24-26 loss to Raiders. Turnovers 3 to 0
        17-24 loss to Cheifs. Turnovers 4 to 1
        20-23 loss to Denver. Turnovers 2 to 1
        10-39 loss to Vikings. Turnovers 7 to 1
        21-31 loss to Cheifs. Turnovers 2 to 1

In the other two games they went 1-1 but still didn't win the turnover battle. It was even. None to None.
        This year the offense is scoring without the same amount of turnovers. We need Bosa and James healthy too. Complimentary football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

But what about the benching of Tua. The Monday morning armchair QBs would have roasted Lynn if the offense only put up 13pts and he benched Herbert in one score loss.
          I addressed that already about Tua.

He had been sacked six times holding on to the ball too long and that last sack looked bad when he went down and he ended up with a tweaked ankle so they took him out.
          Fitzpatrick didn't get sacked once when he went in.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-24-2020, 11:59 AM.
          11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
          35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
          37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
          66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
          69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
          100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
          110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
          140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
          181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
          225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

There was no offense taken at all. I was indicating a strong degree of surprise by my response, not offense. I am sorry if my response caused you to think otherwise. That is my fault.

I disagree with the Rodgers scenario as I think Jacksonville at #9 is as low as Herbert was ever going to fall.

My issue with your comments is that Lynn had the chance to see Herbert side by side next to Taylor before the season began. I am thinking one practice should have been a pretty strong indicator of what needed to happen. We are talking about the physical skills of Justin Herbert, not the skills of Nathan Peterman, who was only maybe (or maybe not) better than Taylor. A coach should be able to tell when one player is vastly superior to another and not a close call at all. I think that is what we had going on here between Herbert and Taylor.

I have seen lots of Taylor over the years and that and Herbert are just a whole other world apart when it comes to ability. That had to be obvious. Like I stated previously, I do not think Herbert just suddenly morphed into greatness seven days after the Cincinnati game.
            I think we are good then.. we are just passionate about our team and our views, which I embrace! But dude you keep talking about Herbert in practice. There have been a great many players that play lights out in practice, but it does not always translate to games. Most practices were not made public, or at least that was my view, so it’s hard to see how great Herbert was versus Tyrod at the time. Herbert continues to get better, so my other reasoning is that it was not such a slam dunk very early on minus the normal off-season practices and drills. I would have went with the more known also until proven otherwise. I have a tough time believing that if the Chargers record was poor with Tyrod leading the way that Lynn does not eventually pull Tyrod for Herbert. Very few predicted the meteoric rise of Herbert, so it is hard for me to blame Lynn here when it came to playing it safe with a rookie QB when there was much to improve upon. And I would have needed more than just lights out in practice minus any preseason games to be certain if Herbert was ready.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

So in all these one score losses in 2019 and 2020. How many of them did Chargers win the super important turnover battle. None of them. If you want to flip the scoreboard, you have to flip the turnover battle.

When you call the losses like the Carolina game another example of not winning the close games as proof of Lynn sucking. Remember they lost by 3. And they lost the turnover 4 to 0. And still had a chance to win.

Not all one score losses are alike.
              ​​​​​

:beer:

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2020
                • Send PM

So in all these one score losses in 2019 and 2020. How many of them did Chargers win the super important turnover battle. None of them. If you want to flip the scoreboard, you have to flip the turnover battle.

When you call the losses like the Carolina game another example of not winning the close games as proof of Lynn sucking. Remember they lost by 3. And they lost the turnover 4 to 0. And still had a chance to win.

Not all one score losses are alike.
                ​​​​​

:beer:
                You are making some solid points! I did not know they had loss the TO battle 4-0 in Carolina game. All these losses are grouped into the same reasons bucket, which is not correct. The Bears had a solid record early on, but the eye test told me that it was more due more to an easy schedule early on and was not sustainable. Trubisky regressed under Nagy the so-called offensive guru who was very well received. Sometimes the popular choice is not the best choice.

I like where the Chargers are instead where their franchise QB has unexpectantly played at a very high and consistent level and has shown continual improvement for the most part. Even though the Bears have a better record, the Chargers to me are showing more sustainable growth.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    I’m not getting this
                    is this a joke?
                    Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I’m not getting this
                      is this a joke?
                      They claim its real. Has to be on camera or audio somewhere if it is right?

Comment

• Disco Volante
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2020
                        • Send PM

Imagine if Lynn situations was flipped with Flores.

​​​​​​There would be walls and walls of text explaining why Lynn is such a poor coach. And how he handled the QB situation shows his incompetence. And there would be walls of text about the GM and HC making the wrong choice.

You know it and I know it. They would be pointing out he is 11-15 as a HC. A losing record. And complaining that he could have had Herbert. But instead we have Tua who may be injury prone and he looked lost out there vs Denver. And now your benching him. Just shockingly poor.coaching. He should have been released after starting 0-7 last year. Get an experienced HC.

Because that is the rhetoric that gets leveled at Lynn.

Yet Flores will be called a better HC. Even though he is 4 games under at 11-15. And Lynn is .500 at 29-29
                        ​​​​
                        I think they are both good HCs. And I think they both need plenty of time with their rookie QB before being judged.
                        Flores took a team that was actively trying to lose every game last year and went 5-11. Its one of the greatest coaching jobs ive ever seen. He should ve won coach of the year. You should never compare lynn to him again except to point out that one is a terrific coach and one has no idea what hes doing.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

They claim its real. Has to be on camera or audio somewhere if it is right?
                          I heard that comment during the broadcast. And sadly, they were almost right. Of course, if they'd have attacked our secondary earlier they may have won as we could not handle their receivers deep.

Comment

Working...
                          X