Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
    ​​​​​​
    :what:

Sorry. No they would not.

Big Ben was away from Tomlin last year he went 8-8 even with the number 1 defense in takeaways, even with great FG kicking, even with a very healthy o-line with 3 pro bowlers. He could not get them to a winning record because of one star player missing.

And Belichek is 15 games under .500 when he has anyone else as his starting QB besides Brady. Again just one single player removed . And he is below avg for his career.

Andy Reid. Well....he is a very good football coach. But again, Reid has worked with McNabb, Vick, Smith, Mahomes. All 4 QBs were top 10 1st rd picks.
    But....
    In 2012 when Vick got injured. Reid went 4-12 .
    In 2005 when McNabb got injured. Reid went 6-10
    In 1999 when McNabb was a rookie... Reid made a very similar decision that Lynn made. He started Doug Pederson instead of his high draft pick rookie. And they went 5-11.

No way they would be 6-3 if they were missing some of their best players like Bosa and James. If their o-line was not healthy. Tomlin 14 years, Reid 22 years, Belicheat 26 years. That is 62 years combined of them being HCs in the NFL and none of them have a single winning season with a rookie QB starting. But you want Lynn to do something they have never done. And you insist they would be doing better. And would they be doing better now with decades of HC experience. Or are you talking about Reid, Tomlin and Belicheat all with just 3 years of experience working for Spanos in LA and with rookie QB, and then having many key starters injured. And I haven't even mention the home field disadvantage Lynn has had this whole time that Tomlin, Reid and Bill never experienced in their entire careers.

Sorry when I look at the bigger picture and context.
    Not buying your simple take on things.
    Lynn would have won Superbowls with Brady.
    Lynn would be a perfect fit in Pittsburgh and won Superbowls with Big Ben.
    Lynn would do just fine in Philly with McNabb or KC like Reid and won Superbowl with Chiefs.
    Franchises, Teams, experience QBs win Superbowls. Coaches have a very important role, but it is the ultimate team sport. And none can do it without experience at QB and have a good amount of health with keystone starters or a FG kicker making clutch kicks and not going wide right.

​​​​
    In fairness, Tomlin hasnt had a rookie starting QB.
    Cower with rookie Ben Rothlisberger went to the playoffs and won a game. The next season he won a SB.

Tomlin has had Ben since til he got hurt and Rudolph wasnt a rookie.

I don't I don't think it's all on Lynn and it isn't all on the players. It's both, a combined effort as the players don't call the plays and mismanaged the clock and again I get rid of Stewart first, then Gus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post
      ​​​​​​
      :what:

Sorry. No they would not.

Big Ben was away from Tomlin last year he went 8-8 even with the number 1 defense in takeaways, even with great FG kicking, even with a very healthy o-line with 3 pro bowlers. He could not get them to a winning record because of one star player missing.

And Belichek is 15 games under .500 when he has anyone else as his starting QB besides Brady. Again just one single player removed . And he is below avg for his career.

Andy Reid. Well....he is a very good football coach. But again, Reid has worked with McNabb, Vick, Smith, Mahomes. All 4 QBs were top 10 1st rd picks.
      But....
      In 2012 when Vick got injured. Reid went 4-12 .
      In 2005 when McNabb got injured. Reid went 6-10
      In 1999 when McNabb was a rookie... Reid made a very similar decision that Lynn made. He started Doug Pederson instead of his high draft pick rookie. And they went 5-11.

No way they would be 6-3 if they were missing some of their best players like Bosa and James. If their o-line was not healthy. Tomlin 14 years, Reid 22 years, Belicheat 26 years. That is 62 years combined of them being HCs in the NFL and none of them have a single winning season with a rookie QB starting. But you want Lynn to do something they have never done. And you insist they would be doing better. And would they be doing better now with decades of HC experience. Or are you talking about Reid, Tomlin and Belicheat all with just 3 years of experience working for Spanos in LA and with rookie QB, and then having many key starters injured. And I haven't even mention the home field disadvantage Lynn has had this whole time that Tomlin, Reid and Bill never experienced in their entire careers.

Sorry when I look at the bigger picture and context.
      Not buying your simple take on things.
      Lynn would have won Superbowls with Brady.
      Lynn would be a perfect fit in Pittsburgh and won Superbowls with Big Ben.
      Lynn would do just fine in Philly with McNabb or KC like Reid and won Superbowl with Chiefs.
      Franchises, Teams, experience QBs win Superbowls. Coaches have a very important role, but it is the ultimate team sport. And none can do it without experience at QB and have a good amount of health with keystone starters or a FG kicker making clutch kicks and not going wide right.

​​​​
      First, we have our QB, so the comparisons to coaches that do not have their QBs is ridiculous.

Second, I agree that those coaches would not have our team at 6-3. I believe 9-0 is much more likely. We had huge leads against some of the better teams--leads that would have been maintained with better strategy from the coaches. Other coaches would not have used idiotic in game strategies against teams like TB, NO, DEN, LV and MIA like Lynn did.

Third, Herbert is possibly the most talented QB in the entire NFL--he is in that discussion. Every head coach should be able to win with him. What Andy Reid did right away with Patrick Mahomes is what can be done with a QB that is as physically gifted with arm talent as Herbert is. As I have stated repeatedly, our coaches have completely mishandled Herbert from day 1, negating what could be the NFL's best offense right now. It is right in front of Lynn, but his mindset is so dialed into the running game that he is obviously missing it and it is not just people on this forum that are seeing that. So, yes, it is obvious--very, very obvious.

Seriously, Lynn is probably the worst head coach in the entire NFL right now. Nobody is underachieving by as much as he is. And I really do not think there is a close second on that score. We may have more wins than teams like the Jets and Jaguars, but we also have far more talent than either of those teams, so Lynn's result is far worse than the result of either Gase or Marrone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post

It does make me wonder why fans are smarter than coaches and players.

Here is the best defensive player take on the team.

“When you are presented opportunities, I have said this five times I am not asking you to do a cartwheel and then backflip it and pick it off between your legs with one arm then moonwalk into the endzone or some sh**,” explained Bosa. “If the ball is thrown at you, you have to make plays. I am not pointing fingers but if you want to win and be a great team you got to call it out and you got to tell it how it is.

“I always want to say it starts with me because I am as big of a culprit as anybody. Two or three of my sacks this year you see me holding on for dear life when I can easily reach out and go for the ball. I need to do a better job with that.”

So now we have both Allen and Bosa.
        The 2 very best players on the team being accountable and not blaming the player errors and these close losses on the coaching. But instead on their inabilities to make plays when the opportunity presents itself.

But since you're a fanatic, you certainly can blame it all on Lynn and his staff. And you can feel very right about your take. And even claim it's obvious. And even have a large group think of fans and media about it to make it seem more true. But I'm still not buying it.

Happy Friday
        :Cheers1:
        Bosa is talking about players making plays when the opportunity presents itself. All players make plays at times and don't make them at others. That has nothing whatsoever to do with the head coach not putting his players in the best position to succeed, a practice that is rampant with Lynn. Bosa's comments do not touch that issue and are, of course, completely irrelevant as a result. They, in fact, discuss an issue about which nobody has a disagreement.

Nobody is saying that the players cannot play hard and cannot occasionally succeed in offsetting the extreme impact of Lynn's poor coaching. But what I, and I believe others, are saying is that a lot of the games never should have been in a position where the making or not making of a single play would have made a difference. Games that should have been blowout wins for us were absolutely screwed up by Lynn's incompetence.

The coaching has been a huge factor in all of the losses.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          In fairness, Tomlin hasnt had a rookie starting QB.
          Cower with rookie Ben Rothlisberger went to the playoffs and won a game. The next season he won a SB.

Tomlin has had Ben since til he got hurt and Rudolph wasnt a rookie.

I don't I don't think it's all on Lynn and it isn't all on the players. It's both, a combined effort as the players don't call the plays and mismanaged the clock and again I get rid of Stewart first, then Gus.
          Do you honestly think Lynn would struggle as an HC in Pittsburgh? He seems like their type of HC.
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Do you honestly think Lynn would struggle as an HC in Pittsburgh? He seems like their type of HC.
            I don't think he would be as good as Tomlin. He would still hire Stewart and still mis manage the clock. His short givings wouldn't change.

The biggest thing that would change is Rooney is a better owner than Spanos and let him pick his assts but Stewart is a Lynn hand picked asst who in his view, is doing a great job though we are last or next to last every year under him as the STs coach.

I also think Tomlin is tougher than Lynn as far as getting what he wants.

When players arent up to snuff making mistakes, Marty would bench them ,....like he did with Brees. Who has Lynn benched? He has threatened to do that. Time to send a message.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Swap Tomlin and Lynn as coaches and the Chargers have a winning record and the Steelers are not faintly close to undefeated.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

This 2020 season, Lynn does not have the more talented team, or the more healthy team or the more experienced team.
                ​​​​​​
                ​​​But he has you fooled because he is getting them prepared to win and they are jumping out to leads and keeping it close.
                Just top notch coaching happening each and every week.
                :beer:
                that's the point.... you keep claiming it's the players/injuries, and.... they are the same players on the field for the first half/lead as on the field for the second half/collapse ??

how could it possibly be the same players and/or the same injuries if that's the case ??

aren't you giving the coaches credit for the double digit leads, and then blaming the players/injuries for the meltdowns/giveaways ??

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Gus in his presser acted like he had no idea that Tillery could play so well at DE....
                  seem to recall a poster in here suggesting that last year, albeit got roundly dismissed in some corners of this forum.... ???

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

You will literally stop at nothing to deflect criticism from Lynn, now portraying what happened in 2006 as an issue with the owner because that is the only constant from 2006 that can reach to the present. That is, and this nothing new for your posts, a load of crap.

In 2006, ownership had a top level GM, a highly regarded head coach, and highly regarded coaches under him. The problem was not with ownership. They did a great job of putting the pieces in place. The problem was that A.J. and Marty did not work well together, which everyone involved has long since acknowledged as being the case. It was not ownership's lack of doing a good job.

Because of the timing of the full breakdown of the business relationships involved, the Chargers did not have a chance to interview the top candidates and ended up stuck with Norv Turner, who underachieved with the roster even though he had a winning record.

In the 8 years since Norv, first time head coaches were given a chance and both have failed miserably, Lynn more so than McCoy because he has failed miserably with a more talented roster.

Lynn has failed and barring something truly unexpected, he will be gone after the end of this season because some of his performance metrics are truly ugly and you cannot complete a fair analysis of Lynn's perfromnce as head coach without examining his mishandling of Herbert, his in game tactical failures which are as plain as day (the kind of stuff that no competent head coach screws up), his failed game plans, his horrendous record in one score games, and his dramatic underperformance with a very talented roster in turning a playoff team into a top 5 drafting team. Unless he has naked pictures of Telesco and/or of Spanos family members, he has got to be gone after his abysmal performance this season.
                    well, some of us were thinking we had a golden opportunity to hire Ron Rivera, but AJ had a good ol' boy relationship w/Norv, who he kept around for @least a season too long, as we woulda, coulda, shoulda had a second shot @RR, and....

even if it's a case of nekked pics.... let's just wade thru the chit and get on w/this thing.... regardless.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                      I do think the firing of Marty was the beginning of the hiring of complacent Milk toast head coaches that has transpired until today. I do see the current coaching staff as placeholders until the new stadium has been built. Starting next year those seats will need to be filled especially if they have the virus 90% controlled by then. Spanos will definitely be looking at who's been naughty or nice after this season.
                      who's your guy for HC Zu ??

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                        Beathard had the best record as our Spanos era GM. 3-3 postseason and a SB appearance.
                        Getting a HOF GM with SB winning creds got us close.
                        Reid had been impressive in KC.
                        Give winning experience a shot.
                        Bellichick for instance.
                        anybody else on the horizon that might give you hope.... ??

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Eric Parker muffed the punt vs Patriots.
                          Kaeding choked kicks vs Jets twice.
                          Benjamin was awful at kick return.
                          Norv had the historically worst special teams ever.
                          Seems like special teams has not been reliable for well over a decade. Long before the current regime.
                          who's to blame for it being unreliable for so long?

Fire Stewart, fire the next guy and the next..... at what point do we look at Telesco and Spanos and say hey you either suck at picking coaches or sucks at picking talent. But either way your special teams has basically sucked the entire 8 years under Telesco. And Spanos even before Telesco you had Kaeding choking away playoff wins. So....when are you going to put together a great special teams.
                          think you're cherry pickin' there Crits, and.... will ask you the same question I asked you before....

if they make you GM, how much are you gonna sign Lynn for, and for how many years ??

and how do you turn around the STs.... w/Stewart as your STs coach, coz that's the guy that your wunderkoach has dialed up for the job ??

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍