Film Study: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (week4)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NoMoreChillies
    Outback Goon
    • Sep 2018
    • Australia
    • Send PM

Film Study: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (week4)

Happy hump day fellow diehards.
    This week we study plays from the 1st half vs TB. As much as we want our team to win, its not easy and 1 small mistake can change the whole outcome of game.

Lets get started:

The Good
    1st Quarter 8:30 on clock Charger ball on 45yrd line.
    Herbert from under center fools all the TB linebackers with a fantastic play action, and delivers a perfect throw to Tyron Johnson just activated off practice squad. What impresses me the most, Herbert never took snaps under center in college, rarely used play action and had not practiced this play with Johnson all week. 55yard strike makes me excited for our future.

The Bad
    2nd quarter 6:39 clock. TB ball on 57yrd line.
    Ronald Jones III breaks 5 tackles. Tillery, Murray, White, Jenkins, King, Adderly and nobody could bring him down.
    The 2nd round pick who had not shown any flashes in 18/19 now looking like Alvin Kamara on this play. Come on Chargers

The Ugly
    2nd Quarter 0:47 clock. Charger ball on 8yrd line leading 24-7. The smart decision here is to kneel and head into halftime with a comanding lead. Thats the safe play. Instead Lynn wants to be agressive and tries running the ball from shotgun (which i detest personally). Add in some funky blocking scheme with Feeny having to snap the ball and block SUH 1on1 while Groy is pulling, then Lamp passing off Vita Vea to Tevi and trying to get to the 2nd level this was just a bad call. At this point in the game it should be basic block the man infront of you and run out the clock. Kelly had high handoff and with SUH in his face he fumbles. This was the game changing play that allowed TB back into the game. I expect better from our 4th year HC. If this is Steichen calls this play, Lynn needs to override and simplify. We dont have Pouncey+ Turner + Bulaga out there so why make it more difficult than it needs to be.

Honorable mention
    1st Quarter 0:22 clock. TB ball 3rd and 7 on 37yrd line.
    For those who say GusB never blitzes this is for you.

Love ya gang

• SBbound
    Casual fanatic
    • Feb 2019
    • Merced/San Diego
    • Send PM

These are great, thank you for posting.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Brock Bowers N.M.W.
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Good stuff, as always...but if Lynn is kneeling, people are bitching because we won't try to crush the other team...I liked the call, they just didn't execute the hand off...something Lynn should expect professionals to do...the ugly was a badly placed hand off, and a poor recovery by a RB. The blocking scheme was a little jacked, though...agree with you there...even if they execute, the DE is right there, unblocked...but I like the idea in that scenario of running a few plays, and seeing if something breaks before folding up the tents...
      Mock version 3.0-The "Double Mitchell"
      (Assumes "fantasy" trade with Vikes)

11. Q. Mitchell CB
      23. A. Mitchell WR
      37. K. Jenkins DT
      69. C. Beebe OG -105. C.Gray LB
      110. R. Davis RB -140. J. Jones Slot CB
      181. T. McLachlan TE -225. J. Jean-Baptiste Edge
      253. K. Vidal RB

Comment

Working...
      X