• Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Herb > Josh Allen
    No arguments here. How would Josh Allen looked as a rookie with no OTAs and no preseason games and not taking snaps with the No. 1s until week 3?

Comment

• Originally posted by Velo View Post

In the process of bringing his team back from 17 down, Rivers threw a pick six, caused a safety, threw a 2nd INT and had no TD passes.

Like I have been saying, Rivers is OK playing from ahead. But as soon he's in a situation where he's playing from behind and has to mount a comeback, like today, he's going to melt down, like he did today. He was not always this bad playing from behind, but at this point in his career he is not capable of leading comebacks like we saw him do v. Pitt and KC two years ago. I think we saw the decline last season, and that is why he's no longer a Chargers. I think this is Rivers' final season.
      Does leading the Colts back from down 21-0 count as being able to lead the Colts from behind? Do you have any more utterly ridiculous suggestions for us?

Just as I said, as soon as they stopped calling so many stupid running plays on early downs and let Rivers throw the ball, the offense took off.

Score that 29-44 for 371 yards yards and 3 TDs (and it would have been 4 TDs if his receiver did not get tackled inside the 1 yard line on a long pass completion). Today there were only 15 runs by the Colts, so the rhythm of the part of the team that has been working all year long when given a full chance to excel, the passing attack, was not thwarted by stupid running play calls on first and second down.

And Rivers culminated the comeback with a 4th quarter TD pass and followed that up by leading the team to a key FG that extended the lead to 4, forcing the Bengals to get a TD to win and not just a FG, which mattered a whole lot when the Bengals found themselves in FG range late in the game, but had to throw, leading to a game clinching INT by Burrow.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Does leading the Colts back from down 21-0 count as being able to lead the Colts from behind? Do you have any more utterly ridiculous suggestions for us?

Just as I said, as soon as they stopped calling so many stupid running plays on early downs and let Rivers throw the ball, the offense took off.

Score that 29-44 for 371 yards yards and 3 TDs (and it would have been 4 TDs if his receiver did not get tackled inside the 1 yard line on a long pass completion). Today there were only 15 runs by the Colts, so the rhythm of the part of the team that has been working all year long when given a full chance to excel, the passing attack, was not thwarted by stupid running play calls on first and second down.

And Rivers culminated the comeback with a 4th quarter TD pass and followed that up by leading the team to a key FG that extended the lead to 4, forcing the Bengals to get a TD to win and not just a FG, which mattered a whole lot when the Bengals found themselves in FG range late in the game, but had to throw, leading to a game clinching INT by Burrow.
        Rivers had a great game, no question.

Does this mean defeating the bengals in Indy is a quality win?
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Rivers had a great game, no question.

Does this mean defeating the bengals in Indy is a quality win?
          The Colts did not play well, but Rivers was there to rescue them. He remains the best player on their team (in terms of largest positive contribution) if Reich will not get in his way as he had been over the past 4 weeks.

Nelson is their best player for his position, but his position is not as critical as QB.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Current weeks Other game thread is here: https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum...s?goto=newpost

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍