Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Holding their own? I feel like our O-line play has been pretty poor thus far. Herbert is running for his life back there. And last week he was our leading rusher with 14 yards. We couldn't run the ball at all. I know losing Ekeler hurt, but Jackson and Kelley had 16 yards on 15 carries.
    Yes, they are doing well. Between the 3 they have allowed a grand total of 1 sack through 4 games.
    Our issues on the Oline are that our vet FA pickups at ORG and ORT have barely played.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Yeah, but when you rarely touch the defender opposite you, the chances of injury go way down!
      That is not an accurate description of their play this season. See above.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Holding their own? I feel like our O-line play has been pretty poor thus far. Herbert is running for his life back there. And last week he was our leading rusher with 14 yards. We couldn't run the ball at all. I know losing Ekeler hurt, but Jackson and Kelley had 16 yards on 15 carries.
        Check the game stats vs the other teams that TB has played,
        Chi 14 for 35 yds,
        LAC 23 for 46 yds
        Den 13 for 42 yds
        Car 24 for 87 yds
        NO 34 for 82 yds
        No one is really running over TB run D. After those first 2 weeks (2020 PS?), they have been downright stingy.

Watch some other teams. OL play is down across the board around the NFL. This week is what would be the end of TC and PS for most teams. Defenses are ahead of where offenses are, and cranking up the blitzes/games/stunts and OL are playing catchup. OL play has been hurt the most of any position group by not having an offseason. Add in it we have new players, new positions and new coach, ... it was not likely we were going to be great from week 1 and play at a high level through the season. Campen has a history of working and developing players, but it doesn't happen overnight.

The bar is also pretty low as far as expectations go. Our OL is playing much better than the last few seasons, which isn't saying much. They were just plain awful, and now they are so-so. We have also been playing some of the better DL in football. Carolina sucks on the edge, but other than that, (KC, Cin, and TB) have very good front 7's. So, overall we are better, but not good. But, again, you don't suddenly become the best OL in football overnight, it takes time and you have to walk before you can crawl.

Comment

• PORTERPARTY1
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2020
          • Send PM

two cents worth:
          rt has played 4 games
          lg new, 4 games
          lg now at center
          c now has played 4 straight games
          rg new ?
          rt new ?

How do we get to this every year? Has our first stringers even had one play together this year?

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Originally posted by PORTERPARTY1 View Post
            two cents worth:
            rt has played 4 games
            lg new, 4 games
            lg now at center
            c now has played 4 straight games
            rg new ?
            rt new ?

How do we get to this every year? Has our first stringers even had one play together this year?
            Depends on who you consider the "starters"?

If Pouncey is considered the starting C, then no.

If Feeney is considered the starter, then we had a bunch in KC.

Personally, if we are playing the injury lineup thing, I would like to see Queesenberry at C, and Feeney moved to OG. I don't know that he is any better than Groy, but we need to find a better mix than what we have had.

Comment

Working...
            X