Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Venables - you mean the guy who gets to coach a defense with top 5 talent
    - umm no thanks

Only three "college" guys I want are Saban and maybe Ferentz or the recently retired Mark Dantoni
    BV creates a multidimensional scheme with week to week variations. His concepts/play calling are unpredictable, aggressive, produce turnovers, get stops, and tailors the design concepts to the talent.

Saban is not leaving that money in Bama and there’s no top 5 talent here, right?
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

BV creates a multidimensional scheme with week to week variations. His concepts/play calling are unpredictable, aggressive, produce turnovers, get stops, and tailors the design concepts to the talent.

Saban is not leaving that money in Bama and there’s no top 5 talent here, right?
      Yes, but look at the talent he has at Clemson. He might be a good coach but I just am not sure I would trust a college guy DC at this point.

We all know the SPanni model of hiring head coaches - hire first timers as they are cheaper. But they really need to hire somebody with experience I feel if they move on from Lynn.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • SoDak
        • Technology Director
        • Send PM

College - David Shaw
        OC - Bienemy (then Roman)
        ST - Toub
        DC - ?? Saleh wouldn't be bad? Todd Bowles has built a good defense in Tampa...and looking at the Jets since he left... he wasn't the problem.

How about this for an 'outside the box' idea. Pep Hamilton. Maybe they will have to promote him to keep him?
        (and yes I know he's just the QB coach right now...but I see teams going after him if we fire staff.)
        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
          College - David Shaw
          OC - Bienemy (then Roman)
          ST - Toub
          DC - ?? Saleh wouldn't be bad? Todd Bowles has built a good defense in Tampa...and looking at the Jets since he left... he wasn't the problem.

How about this for an 'outside the box' idea. Pep Hamilton. Maybe they will have to promote him to keep him?
          (and yes I know he's just the QB coach right now...but I see teams going after him if we fire staff.)
          I like Bieniemy or Toub as HC candidates
          Bowles
          Caldwell

My four today

Personally, I still hppe Lynn had a moment of self reflection this week end, gets his head out of his a** in terms of game and clock management and the team finishes 10-6

Comment

• PR#1
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Fleet thanks for the list of coaching candidates.

I would definitely go OC or quarterbacks coach with an in depth understanding of offense. They would have to have their own playbook.

This is to primarily develop Herbert. So no DCs make the cut.

My choice would be Lincoln Reilly to bring some new energy to this team.

Look what Reilly has done for Baker Mayfield and Jalen Hurts.

He'll be too expensive for spanos who will most likely hire a defensive retread

Comment

• Fleet
              Fleet commented
              Editing a comment
              Murray as well.
          • chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Yes, but look at the talent he has at Clemson. He might be a good coach but I just am not sure I would trust a college guy DC at this point.

We all know the SPanni model of hiring head coaches - hire first timers as they are cheaper. But they really need to hire somebody with experience I feel if they move on from Lynn.
            Spanos hired a HC who had a great record as the HC in both Cleveland and KC; Marty
            He must have had to pay Marty some big bucks
            I believe he'd do it again if the situation was right
            I really don't think Spanos is cheap
            I think he's made some bad choices, not because he's cheap but simply because he's made poor decisions

All of the thoughts on this thread are useless until he decides to replace Lynn

I think Lynn will end up turning this team around and be retained - just my opinion, you have your opinion and I have mine
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Spanos hired a HC who had a great record as the HC in both Cleveland and KC; Marty
              He must have had to pay Marty some big bucks
              I believe he'd do it again if the situation was right
              I really don't think Spanos is cheap
              I think he's made some bad choices, not because he's cheap but simply because he's made poor decisions

All of the thoughts on this thread are useless until he decides to replace Lynn

I think Lynn will end up turning this team around and be retained - just my opinion, you have your opinion and I have mine
              He didn't have to pay Marty market value, because he was still being paid by the Redskins. (for like 3 years)

I don't necessarily think he's cheap, either. But we sure do seem to go with the cheaper options for Head Coaches.
              "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post

He didn't have to pay Marty market value, because he was still being paid by the Redskins. (for like 3 years)

I don't necessarily think he's cheap, either. But we sure do seem to go with the cheaper options for Head Coaches.
                I can see them going for the cheap option before sofi was built....they've given Lynn every opportunity to succeed. Time for Lynn to start making evaluations and show that he has a brain or he gets lost after this season.

:Beer1:
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I can see them going for the cheap option before sofi was built....they've given Lynn every opportunity to succeed. Time for Lynn to start making evaluations and show that he has a brain or he gets lost after this season.

:Beer1:
                  I want Lynn to succeed - I wanted McCoy to succeed.

I don't want new coaches - I want wins and the playoffs

But Vrabel with his decision to give the Texans a first down on a 2nd and 1 to save 40 seconds - Lynn NEVER would have done that.

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

"Introducing our next head coach (sans the Spanos') will be none other than $10 billionaire guy "xxx." The Spanos" total worth goes from $2.8 billion now, to $5.75 billion overnight. That's assuming a giant change happens.
                    Last edited by Caslon; 10-20-2020, 02:52 AM.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

You have to be careful projecting college coaches that have had a huge advantage in recruiting and talent base on their team. as great as Brett venables is in Clemson he also struggled mightily in the Big 12 as a defensive coordinator for Oklahoma. Go back and look at some of the big game thrashings they had. Those talent disparities rarely occur at the professional level, and can somewhat over inflate someone's true coaching ability.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Irmo, SC
                        • Send PM

Personally, I don't know why you would leave coaching college. You have all the power in college. The players have the power in the pros. But if someone does, I would like that to be Lincoln Riley. The league is set up for the Offense & he is a great Offensive mind.

Comment

Working...
                        X