• Show
Clear All
  • Silversurfer
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Los Angeles
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I want Lynn to succeed - I wanted McCoy to succeed.

I don't want new coaches - I want wins and the playoffs

But Vrabel with his decision to give the Texans a first down on a 2nd and 1 to save 40 seconds - Lynn NEVER would have done that.
    And he did the 12th man on the field and played it off to stop the clock and not burn a timeout. He learned from the best cheater out there.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

And he did the 12th man on the field and played it off to stop the clock and not burn a timeout. He learned from the best cheater out there.
      At least with those decisions - it wasn't cheating - it was smart

Like when Harbaugh on a punt late in the game had his whole team blocking hold so the punt wasn't blocked. The NFL outlaws that. Ticks me off because those plays rarely happen but you penalize good coaching.

I still want Lynn to succeed. But if not, they need a veteran coach.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

“Gamesmanship”
        Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Im just tired of coming out at half and sticking with the same plan as the first half. Its as if we are not expecting teams to adjust. Even with injuries we are doing really well in the first half against good teams. Then just shit the bed. Have no expectations of teams countering. They figure it out. We do the same thing as we do in the 1st half thinking if it aint broke dont fix it...and then get our asses handed to us.

That too me is coaching. And honestly when will Lynn start sounding like he is responsible? Its as if he thinks he is doing the Lords work and everyone else is just letting us down. Those adjustments are on you.

When will Murray stop turning his back to the QB? That Taysom hill score was targeting the rookie. They knew he would bite. You have to stop the bad habits that develop under this staff.

The Cowboys players are finally revolting against the staff. And they are saying things i sort of feel about our own staff.

I think Hamilton has to be retained. So in order to do that he likely has to become HC or OC. Id like him at QB coach with Bienemy and Kafka brought in. But thats sort of a pipe dream.

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Spanos hired a HC who had a great record as the HC in both Cleveland and KC; Marty
            He must have had to pay Marty some big bucks
            I believe he'd do it again if the situation was right
            I really don't think Spanos is cheap
            I think he's made some bad choices, not because he's cheap but simply because he's made poor decisions

All of the thoughts on this thread are useless until he decides to replace Lynn

I think Lynn will end up turning this team around and be retained - just my opinion, you have your opinion and I have mine

I believe he will too, for starters we have a easy schedule going the rest of the way outside divisonal games (KC (1) Raiders (2)) outside of them the Patroits don't look like the same Patriots, and the Bills came out on fire 4-0, but they haven't look so good in back to back loses so very winable games (Jags, Dolphins, Broncos(2), Falcons, and the Jets.

The bad thing is Lynn will give us a false hope of confidence and I full expect them to go on a run, and when the ship appears to be going right we will lose to one of the lessers and come up short against contenders like KC and Raiders, because coaching plunders from Head Coach to the OC to the DC and Special Teams coach. This team will not get blowned out, but they will get out-coach, follow the history and you'll see.

Yeah Hurray while Lynn and Chargers go on the win streak, when they falter fire up the threadIntroducing Our Next Head Coach

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
              [/B]

I believe he will too, for starters we have a easy schedule going the rest of the way outside divisonal games (KC (1) Raiders (2)) outside of them the Patroits don't look like the same Patriots, and the Bills came out on fire 4-0, but they haven't look so good in back to back loses so very winable games (Jags, Dolphins, Broncos(2), Falcons, and the Jets.

The bad thing is Lynn will give us a false hope of confidence and I full expect them to go on a run, and when the ship appears to be going right we will lose to one of the lessers and come up short against contenders like KC and Raiders, because coaching plunders from Head Coach to the OC to the DC and Special Teams coach. This team will not get blowned out, but they will get out-coach, follow the history and you'll see.

Yeah Hurray while Lynn and Chargers go on the win streak, when they falter fire up the threadIntroducing Our Next Head Coach

problem is the same as it has been for years...... the Chargers have been coached to run out the clock and play up or down to the competition, which keeps all games close no matter how good or bad our opponent is...... those thinking we have an "easy" schedule the rest of the way forget that we have allowed EVERY team, even CIN to move the ball rather easily whenever they really need to and only a stupid penalty has kept us from being 0-5..... yes, Herbert has given us a chance to win a few games ...... but just like in Rivers' career, whenever Rivers would lead a comeback to take the lead, our opponent always usually easily marched right back down the field to score the game winning FG or TD..... our defense never ends a game with great play....only games we have won in a long time are games where our offense held the ball last.......

Our problems are not the personnel..... its the coaching and schemes...... I think Pep Hamilton is a keeper and maybe should be next OC or maybe HC.....
              When a team continues to lose games consistently due to the following problems, that is on the coaching:

-Stupid penalties
              -running ball out of end zone instead of taking the 25
              -on 3rd and super long, waiting at the first down marker for the offensive player that caught a short dump-off pass to almost reach the marker before attempting to tackle them
              -not finishing plays..... like jumping on any loose ball or like not running all the way to endzone on kickoffs allowing big returns.....basic football 101.....
              -not running routes past the marker on 3rd or 4th and short......
              -etc....

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

problem is the same as it has been for years...... the Chargers have been coached to run out the clock and play up or down to the competition, which keeps all games close no matter how good or bad our opponent is...... those thinking we have an "easy" schedule the rest of the way forget that we have allowed EVERY team, even CIN to move the ball rather easily whenever they really need to and only a stupid penalty has kept us from being 0-5..... yes, Herbert has given us a chance to win a few games ...... but just like in Rivers' career, whenever Rivers would lead a comeback to take the lead, our opponent always usually easily marched right back down the field to score the game winning FG or TD..... our defense never ends a game with great play....only games we have won in a long time are games where our offense held the ball last.......

Our problems are not the personnel..... its the coaching and schemes...... I think Pep Hamilton is a keeper and maybe should be next OC or maybe HC.....
                When a team continues to lose games consistently due to the following problems, that is on the coaching:

-Stupid penalties
                -running ball out of end zone instead of taking the 25
                -on 3rd and super long, waiting at the first down marker for the offensive player that caught a short dump-off pass to almost reach the marker before attempting to tackle them
                -not finishing plays..... like jumping on any loose ball or like not running all the way to endzone on kickoffs allowing big returns.....basic football 101.....
                -not running routes past the marker on 3rd or 4th and short......
                -etc....
                preach!!

Add in Clock and Game Mgmt that is really in the lower half the league.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

I couldn't help but notice that you pessimists say we were almost 0-5, others have said we were almost 5-0.

I get the drift here, so what you're saying is if they finish good it's because of a soft schedule so fire everyone anyway.

I have to admit that I'm not a better coach than the Chargers coaches as you guys all seem to be - it's okay though, I can learn from you.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• PR#1
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    Im just tired of coming out at half and sticking with the same plan as the first half. Its as if we are not expecting teams to adjust. Even with injuries we are doing really well in the first half against good teams. Then just shit the bed. Have no expectations of teams countering. They figure it out. We do the same thing as we do in the 1st half thinking if it aint broke dont fix it...and then get our asses handed to us.

That too me is coaching. And honestly when will Lynn start sounding like he is responsible? Its as if he thinks he is doing the Lords work and everyone else is just letting us down. Those adjustments are on you.

When will Murray stop turning his back to the QB? That Taysom hill score was targeting the rookie. They knew he would bite. You have to stop the bad habits that develop under this staff.

The Cowboys players are finally revolting against the staff. And they are saying things i sort of feel about our own staff.

I think Hamilton has to be retained. So in order to do that he likely has to become HC or OC. Id like him at QB coach with Bienemy and Kafka brought in. But thats sort of a pipe dream.
                    I think it was Rich that gave me the stat posted on Twitter that Lynn ran the ball 18 times in the second half on first down totaling 20 yards in the NO game !!!

The is an unbelievable stat from coach Turtle Lynns play calling.

This put Herbert in 2nd and long, 3rd and long situations in the second half allowing the defense to pin their ears back going against a suspect Chargers oline.

Herbert took a beating !! The defense knew Herbert had to pass !!!

Not only did Lynn not adjust he turtled up and made things worse !!!

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I think Lynn will end up turning this team around and be retained - just my opinion, you have your opinion and I have mine
                      have to admit, was a bit surprised that something of the sort didn't happen last year after Derwin' return, and after we won handily his first game back, and.... four straight losses to close out the season ??

and if the Cincy game is indicative of signature AL football.... glad we've gotten a coupla few scoops of Herbert since then.

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Silversurfer
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Los Angeles
                        • Send PM

Starting to hear the Harbaugh talk more and more about his return to the NFL.

Comment

• AK47
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
                          Starting to hear the Harbaugh talk more and more about his return to the NFL.
                          Imagine him and Rivers going at it on the sidelines. Harbaugh / Herbert could actually work. Can't believe I'm saying that.

Comment

Working...
                          X