• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

When people praise Pep, I think of the old saying that QBs are the only geniuses in football.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Xenos
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
      College - David Shaw
      OC - Bienemy (then Roman)
      ST - Toub
      DC - ?? Saleh wouldn't be bad? Todd Bowles has built a good defense in Tampa...and looking at the Jets since he left... he wasn't the problem.

How about this for an 'outside the box' idea. Pep Hamilton. Maybe they will have to promote him to keep him?
      (and yes I know he's just the QB coach right now...but I see teams going after him if we fire staff.)
      Pep Hamilton is better as the QB coach than an OC.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I like Bieniemy or Toub as HC candidates
        Bowles
        Caldwell

My four today

Personally, I still hppe Lynn had a moment of self reflection this week end, gets his head out of his a** in terms of game and clock management and the team finishes 10-6
        the thing about Toub is that he interviewed last go 'round and apparently didn't wow our FO ??

Bieniemy just seems like a variation of Lynn as a former RBs coach, and some good fortune as an OC ??

Bowles and Caldwell did not show well as HCs in previous gigs ??
        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
          College - David Shaw
          OC - Bienemy (then Roman)
          ST - Toub
          DC - ?? Saleh wouldn't be bad? Todd Bowles has built a good defense in Tampa...and looking at the Jets since he left... he wasn't the problem.

How about this for an 'outside the box' idea. Pep Hamilton. Maybe they will have to promote him to keep him?
          (and yes I know he's just the QB coach right now...but I see teams going after him if we fire staff.)
          don't get a Chargers vibe from Saleh, not to mention he seems more a position coach than HC ?? and whereas really do like the David Shaw vibe, and think he'd mesh well w/team Tommy John ??

and ditto for Roman.... get pretty much a meh vibe from him, as don't really get the sense that he's a HC, and is more a position coach as well ??
          RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Pep Hamilton is better as the QB coach than an OC.
            Well that would make sense since he has a lot more experience as a QB coach
            his only pro OC gig was with the Colts and honestly I don’t know how well or bad he did based purely on how the Colts offense did
            doesn't matter because the work he’s doing with JH should absolutely put him into consideration for OC
            hes had a lot of experience and hopefully growth as a coach since his Colts days
            If Pep isn’t being considered for a promotion, I hope it isn’t because Lynn is looking over his shoulder
            thats right, Pep might make a great HC one day
            hes at least seeing what NOT to do
            Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Xenos
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Well that would make sense since he has a lot more experience as a QB coach
              his only pro OC gig was with the Colts and honestly I don’t know how well or bad he did based purely on how the Colts offense did
              doesn't matter because the work he’s doing with JH should absolutely put him into consideration for OC
              hes had a lot of experience and hopefully growth as a coach since his Colts days
              If Pep isn’t being considered for a promotion, I hope it isn’t because Lynn is looking over his shoulder
              thats right, Pep might make a great HC one day
              hes at least seeing what NOT to do
              From my understanding and research, his time as OC for the Colts was not that great.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

From my understanding and research, his time as OC for the Colts was not that great.
                I believe it, but I hope that doesn’t stop us from considering it.
                All options must be considered
                just with players, we should be always looking to upgrade positions, even coaching positions
                unless of course if something is working great

Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• MusicMakerInMe
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2020
                  • Send PM

Isn't Pep one of Lynn's guys? I read something on Twitter that if we get rid of Lynn, Pep is probably gone too.

Again, last thing I want is for the Chargers to "Baker Mayfield" Herbert and give him a cycle of coaches that ultimately confuses the guy and makes him inconsistent.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Herbert needs a top tier coaching staff.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Utah
                      • Midnight Toker
                      • Send PM

Special Teams Coach George Stewart should be fired immediately.

Comment

• Xenos
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post
                        Special Teams Coach George Stewart should be fired immediately.
                        Unless we have a viable replacement, he won't be fired until after the season is over.

Comment

• Xenos
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Random thoughts:
                          1) Find a way to keep Campen. He's doing as much as he can with a Covid shortened offseason and not the best talent on the team. I think there's signs of encouragement. Sucks that our RG and RT can't stay healthy especially our RG Turner.
                          2) Regardless of any FO or coaching change, Spanos and Co. need to create a legitimate analytics and sports science department this offseason.

Comment

Working...
                          X