• Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Some guys adjust to the NFL faster than others. Herbert adjust pretty damn fast. It also helps we have some pretty good talent around him, especially the skill positions.

Just don't judge other rookies on the same scale. Very few will pick up the NFL game as fast as he does.

Comment

• cmplxgal
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • New Jersey
      • Send PM

Comment

• MusicMakerInMe
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2020
        • Send PM

Ideal conditions is a big part. Of course, player potential does matter and Herbert is phenomenal, but these guys don't develop in a vacuum. It's why some players who look like busts can go to other teams and flourish.

This is another reason why I don't trust moving on from Lynn so soon. How many rookie quarterbacks out there who start off great in their career get a new coach and still maintain the same level of growth? If they were struggling, I would see it differently but the kid is playing at a real high level right now and something in the equation is working. Those 2nd year slumps do happen and I'd like for Herbert not to get caught up getting past that while trying to adopt a whole new philosophy. Rather, I'd like to see what him and Lynn can do to grow and learn as they run into teams who have put together more gameplans on stopping them. In a lot of ways this duo kind of got a headstart this season on that process. Running the gauntlet of coaches may be more harm than good, especially after seeing how good he's getting with this coach.
        Last edited by MusicMakerInMe; 10-13-2020, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
          Outback Goon
          • Sep 2018
          • Australia
          • Send PM

awesome thread

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

great original post scoregon!
            it's all of those things and more
            it's almost like the perfect storm made it possible to hide under the radar as much as he could to go 6th overall to us
            Calm and confident temperament stems from a supportive upbringing revolving around sports values
            sky is truly the limit with JH
            Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Brock Bowers N.M.W.
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

All I know is there are some fans on here who need to grab a spoon, and eat them a big ol' bowl of crow!!

Oregon can't produce a pro QB...

QBs with accuracy problems in college can never fix them in the pros...

You know who you are....dig in, and dig in with a smile!:tongue:
              The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• BigBad
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

I'm 46 and remember Charger games from 1980 and on. I remember getting excited when Brees as a rookie came in against KC when Flutie got knocked out. I remember being excited about Rivers early on. I've never been this excited about a rookie QB.

This is really fun!
                Last edited by BigBad; 10-13-2020, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

This OL was not able to protect a guy like Rivers
                  The mobility of Herbert give him more time to throw

Comment

• Bolts54
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2019
                    • Send PM

Interesting with all the schedule moves, that 11/15 game could very well be Herbert vs Tagovailoa. But until then, given that beginning October 25th, outside of the Raiders, though you never know which Gruden team will show up, we hit the "easy" part of the schedule. Herbert may well look like the second coming of a 1983 Dan Marino for the next month.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts54 View Post
                      Interesting with all the schedule moves, that 11/15 game could very well be Herbert vs Tagovailoa. But until then, given that beginning October 25th, outside of the Raiders, though you never know which Gruden team will show up, we hit the "easy" part of the schedule. Herbert may well look like the second coming of a 1983 Dan Marino for the next month.
                      Fitzpatrick says, “No way Jose.”
                      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

I've read or watched 10 or 15 pieces/videos about Herbert today. More than once the writer/analyst has credit the play-calling for Herbert's astounding success. The latest piece I read was from PFF.

Comment

• chris9341
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Ask yourself this question how would Tua and Joe faired in the Ducks offense with there wr's and how would Herbert have faired if he played in LSU's or Alabama's offense. Herbert was predicted to go number one in some mock drafts if he did come out his junior year or atleast top 3 but he knew he had some things he had to work on and also wanted the chance to get Oregon to a National championship. I tell you what I think is the most impressive thing he has done is learning how to pass from under center after being under shotgun his whole career at Oregon. The way you take the snap from under center to the way you take it from Shot Gun is very different.

Comment

Working...
                          X