• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

Yeah dude has a calm demeanor and I think he is going to be a guy as time passes he will be that clutch QB in 4th quarter 2 minutes or less left in the game he will get us the victory when we have to come back
    I like JH's composure. Add his talent & intelligence we appear to have a high quality young QB.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Agreed. We definitely miss his speed at LB.
      Murray & White are fast & talented but Tranquill was that + sharp, quick to make accurate read & reacts. They're behind Drew on the learning curve.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Brock Bowers N.M.W.
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        I haven't had time to review the Saints game yet - hopefully this afternoon. But, as I think over the game I see how useless our running game was and how often our QB was hurried and it makes me think if we had a healthy Turner and Bulaga we would have won that game hands down. Even if only Turner could have played it would have made a big difference because Groy was terrible.

On defense I thought the occasional blitz was a good change and I thought they did a good job of rotating the DL. I still wish Gus would use the regular D alignments in the last two minutes of both halfs. I really believe the D he's using in those situations are causing the cave in.

Special teams are poor and I can't even imagine why we still have the same ST coach. He does seem like a real nice guy and I guess that must be why he's still here but we see ST blunders every single week. This years team doesn't seem to have a top notch gunner. Where is Osgood?
        I also think we actually played a decent game defensively, overall....that one blown coverage on Cook's TD cost us the game...3rd and 14, wasn't it?

I didn't read to see what TPB thought about it in general, but I don't think that was Adderley...the corner that had deep right had nothing on his plate...the underneath route was picked up...meanwhile Adderley was trying to choose between the reciever on the other side coming up the seam, and Cook...he at least had a reason to hesitate.

I know we were tired of hearing it last year, and we are all tired of the one score losses...but this team is almost there...a little health and a little luck and a little growth from some of these guys trying to be the next man up, and we should start winning a lot of these games on our schedule.
        The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Absolutely it does.....
          Our #2 that are starting now are taking far more snaps than they would as #2s and the #3s that are rotating in are #3s.
          Talent drop off is the major issue but these guys that had limited to no snaps aren’t in football game condition as if they’ve been playing starter snaps.
          Its a vicious cycle.
          Does it excuse everything that happens on the field? No, but it is a significant factor.

Who doesn’t think that if Turner/Bulaga we’re playing/healthy that the Oline performance would be drastically improved?
          Same with SupaMel/JJones on the Dline, etc.....

imo
          A healthy charger team has enough talent to have a good chance to beat anyone
          which can mask some of these short comings we see from Lynn. While I’ve been critical of Rivers and was 110 with moving on, I think he bailed us out in several games from bad coaching, his whole career actually
          so having talent is great, but jt can mask deficiencies
          in coaching
          so im trying to make the distinction from talent drop-off and guys being in game shape
          if we all dress the same guys and prepare our backup guys like starters and our 3rd stringers like backup, conditioning shouldn’t be an issue.
          unless all these injuries happened this week which isn’t the case.
          If you’re saying a guy isn’t able to sustain good play because he’s not talent enough I agree, but he shouldn’t be more tired than anyone else, because presumably he’s been preparing like a starter
          right?
          im sure it’s not so cut and dry but physical conditioning and preparation shouldn’t be a factor, especially if you want to say Lynn is a good coach.
          and if it’s mainly a talent drop off, then the games shouldn’t look like what we’re seeing
          imo what we’re seeing are really good game plans and preparation by coaches across the table, but limited adjustments either because Lynn can’t keep up or we simply don’t have the talent to adjust the WAY Lynn would like to, but I don’t see any evidence for that being the case.
          the root of our disagreement might stem from a philosophical difference
          what I need to see from Lynn are risks taken to stay aggressive BECAUSE we’re short on talent.
          if we had our starters and a double digit lead, then sure, slow death them, count on our guys to not make mistakes and win the game. But if we’re short on talent, you have no choice but to continue to keep up, even if that means losing badly to superior talent
          like playing Chess without a Queen
          good fucking luck haha
          you have to make aggressive moves and hope the opposition blunders.
          Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Our D provides death by a thousand cuts.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              Our D provides death by a thousand cuts.
              We have met the enemy and they are us.........

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                The Precious
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

What do you think MNF would have been like with Ekeler and Allen? I grow weary of people saying our depth is poor - name one team that has backups as good as Ek and Allen. When your stars miss games the backups are never anywhere as good as them - on any team.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• CivilBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

I think we had a bigger chance of winning. Ekeler have the ability find the small creases and avoid would be tacklers. Allen on the other hand, have the ability get open quick. JH could have went to him on that last play to MW.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                        Outback Goon
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Australia
                        • Send PM

What do you think MNF would have been like with Ekeler and Allen? I grow weary of people saying our depth is poor - name one team that has backups as good as Ek and Allen. When your stars miss games the backups are never anywhere as good as them - on any team.
                        this for sure

I think if Allen is on the field on that last play he gets the target, doesnt jump to catch a slant route and makes the 1st down. That jump had me confused.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Field goal did us in plus so far we really suck in overtime situations. Not sure steichen knows what plays to call in that situation. I feel like we get that blank stare when we're thrust into overtime situations.

:couch:
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X