• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Not just Bosa but the entire starting defensive front. Bosa is merely more focused on due to his name and that he's expected/paid to make crucial 4th quarter sacks. I would hope they are gassed because of maximum effort. "Gas" Bradley must really be slamming on the gas too much lol.
    That has going on even going back to 2017. It has always been a thing. Only now Bosa is much better than back then.

This team was ranked 29th in sacks last season, and right now as of this moment they are 25th. They have the same problem as last year. They don't have a very good depth when it comes to pass rushing. This is the issue of the team that many overlook. It makes it easier for opposing teams to take Bosa out, because they don't have to account for the guys who are lacking. You can talk about how the players on the front end get gassed or look tired, the conditioning and all that jazz, but that's how it is, and it's what you have the backups to the starters for. Most of the sacks are coming from Bosa, Nwosu, and Tillery. That doesn't cut it. That won't cut it if you want to win more. When it comes to D-line, you need depth. And you need pass rush depth. Because when it's two or 3 guys just doing the work, you're going to get what you're seeing with these let-ups. This team has been bad for a very long time under Gus regarding depth.

Comment

• AK47
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

That has going on even going back to 2017. It has always been a thing. Only now Bosa is much better than back then.

This team was ranked 29th in sacks last season, and right now as of this moment they are 25th. They have the same problem as last year. They don't have a very good depth when it comes to pass rushing. This is the issue of the team that many overlook. It makes it easier for opposing teams to take Bosa out, because they don't have to account for the guys who are lacking. You can talk about how the players on the front end get gassed or look tired, the conditioning and all that jazz, but that's how it is, and it's what you have the backups to the starters for. Most of the sacks are coming from Bosa, Nwosu, and Tillery. That doesn't cut it. That won't cut it if you want to win more. When it comes to D-line, you need depth. And you need pass rush depth. Because when it's two or 3 guys just doing the work, you're going to get what you're seeing with these let-ups. This team has been bad for a very long time under Gus regarding depth.
      Bosa also plays the run while also taking on double teams with a RB chipping in. 2 major issues is we're missing Ingram whom got sacks/pressures and also funneled QBs closer to Bosa. The other is missing DJ whom was a very effective pass rusher. In fact he had elite QB pressure per attempt ratings.

2018 defense had folks healthy and running on all cylinders. We finished 12-4 that year.

Comment

• foreigner
        Tom Telesco is gone
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

Marty made them train... Gassers baby.. oh yeah... gassers baby....

and a little bit of Oklahoma Drills on the side please...

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
          Outback Goon
          • Sep 2018
          • Australia
          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Bosa also plays the run while also taking on double teams with a RB chipping in. 2 major issues is we're missing Ingram whom got sacks/pressures and also funneled QBs closer to Bosa. The other is missing DJ whom was a very effective pass rusher. In fact he had elite QB pressure per attempt ratings.

2018 defense had folks healthy and running on all cylinders. We finished 12-4 that year.
          truth

Comment

• SuperCharged
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Utah
            • Midnight Toker
            • Send PM

I think it's mainly coaching. When one team makes adjustments and the the other doesn't. That's a pretty open and shut case. Then you have the NFLPA. You can't work these guys anymore. It's cruel and unusual punishment according to the lawyers.

Comment

• screeme18
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2019
              • Send PM

So, after yesterdays game I had a thought on this...

After last week, I was saying it's like watching the same game week after week. This game was following the same playbook as the previous losses. We start hot, let the other team sneak back into it just before halftime, then a competetive second half where we can't pull it together at the end, and the defense is searching for answers.

That is, up until the Jacksonville fumble. We scored, they fumble, we immediately score again. It wasn't just a huge momentum shift, but you could almost feel the relief sweep through the defense, like this game is going to be different, and they turned it on again for the rest of the 4th.

I don't think the problem is conditioning. I think the problem is almost totally mental. As I replay these last several weeks in my mind, and see the script play out over and over again, except for a few occasions early (The Kansas City game, notably, the defense was definitely gassed), I think as the game starts to unravel, the defense isn't doing a good job keeping their wits about them. I think they are tightening up with that "not again" attitude, and the defense starts playing worse, not because they're gassed, but because they're playing scared (for lack of a better word).

Jaguars scored 29 points yesterday, and it was all in the 2nd and 3rd. We dominated the 4th quarter. We had plenty of fuel in the tank. We didn't need to find new answers.. we needed to be mentally in the game.

Lynn said last week that we needed to learn how to win again. Maybe he's not wrong.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by screeme18 View Post
                So, after yesterdays game I had a thought on this...

After last week, I was saying it's like watching the same game week after week. This game was following the same playbook as the previous losses. We start hot, let the other team sneak back into it just before halftime, then a competetive second half where we can't pull it together at the end, and the defense is searching for answers.

That is, up until the Jacksonville fumble. We scored, they fumble, we immediately score again. It wasn't just a huge momentum shift, but you could almost feel the relief sweep through the defense, like this game is going to be different, and they turned it on again for the rest of the 4th.

I don't think the problem is conditioning. I think the problem is almost totally mental. As I replay these last several weeks in my mind, and see the script play out over and over again, except for a few occasions early (The Kansas City game, notably, the defense was definitely gassed), I think as the game starts to unravel, the defense isn't doing a good job keeping their wits about them. I think they are tightening up with that "not again" attitude, and the defense starts playing worse, not because they're gassed, but because they're playing scared (for lack of a better word).

Jaguars scored 29 points yesterday, and it was all in the 2nd and 3rd. We dominated the 4th quarter. We had plenty of fuel in the tank. We didn't need to find new answers.. we needed to be mentally in the game.

Lynn said last week that we needed to learn how to win again. Maybe he's not wrong.
                Billy Belichick phrase..... Have to learn not to lose before you can learn to win.
                Football at the NFL level is a mental game to achieve great success.
                Talent and health are the key other factors.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                😂