POLL: Who Should Be The Chargers' Next Head Coach?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Silversurfer
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Los Angeles
    • Send PM

One of the worse quotes I heard from Lynn other than "He's a back up for a reason" is when the Jags RB went off on us and he said "We totally underestimated him" :dunno:

Still would be willing to give the Chiefs two 3rd round picks, someones gotta do it, might as well be us.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I wanted Lynn to call Rex Ryan last offseason - and fire George Stewart. Maybe Rex is happy in the studio - working a lot less, living the good life. But he is good friends with Lynn.

I don't want a Marty type for our next DC - "Quite Frankly" - I want a Marty Schottenheimer who is a good game-day coach, especially in the playoffs, for our damn head ball coach!!!
      There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

There...fixed it for 'ya!
        I understand the faults of Marty but he was a coach where the teams got better over the year and got better year to year. Thats a good solid NFL head coach. Something the Chargers have really not had since, well Marty Schottenheimer.

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post
          Josh McDaniels is my number one choice. The question is would Spanny balls need to drop in order to fire the leader of fine men. If they actually did drop, would they drop far enough to open his wallet and pay for a head coach. If they do fire the leader of fine men they need to let who they choose as HC to bring in whoever he wants. No more of "You can have this job, but you really need to keep this coach............."

The whole operation needs to be rebuilt, but sadly I do not see that happening. It looks like the Chargers struck gold in Hebie. How many other franchises have gone from franchise QB to franchise QB? Maybe the Colts but Luck turned out to be a China Doll. Spanny cannot F this up, but if anyone can F this up it would be Spanny................
          I would be weary to bring Josh McD in after he pulled that stunt on the colts. What if he pulls the same thing again? Or the players don’t positively respond to him since Belicheat is not around to discipline guys. Just think of Patricia.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Dennis Allen.
            Keep Steichen/Pep.
            Give Herb continuity and structure
            for once in his life.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

I think a more mature Josh McD would be very good. I am not opposed to him.

Why do you think Bill is a possibility?
              mainly because of the points Cowherd theorized how it would be a good career move
              the AFCE getting more competitive with Allen, Tua and possibly Lawrence in the division (Jets) and them in a situation where they won’t be able to land a top 3 qb in the draft
              he argued the Patriots are rebuilding and Bill would be motivated to jump somewhere with a qb
              doesnt think Jimmy G in FA is a sustainable solution (agree there)
              my understanding is that no one really knows his contract situation so that’s a wildcard.
              There is talk about a backroom deal between Josh McDaniels and Kraft that Josh would succeed Bill at some point
              we went after brady last offseason
              tells me that the Spanos is ready to make a splash move to be in the spotlight, hiring bill would put us squarely in the middle of the brady/bill divorce
              Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

mainly because of the points Cowherd theorized how it would be a good career move
                the AFCE getting more competitive with Allen, Tua and possibly Lawrence in the division (Jets) and them in a situation where they won’t be able to land a top 3 qb in the draft
                he argued the Patriots are rebuilding and Bill would be motivated to jump somewhere with a qb
                doesnt think Jimmy G in FA is a sustainable solution (agree there)
                my understanding is that no one really knows his contract situation so that’s a wildcard.
                There is talk about a backroom deal between Josh McDaniels and Kraft that Josh would succeed Bill at some point
                we went after brady last offseason
                tells me that the Spanos is ready to make a splash move to be in the spotlight, hiring bill would put us squarely in the middle of the brady/bill divorce
                I think getting Belichick would be amazing. But it seems a long shot.

But even if Lynn goes, TElesco needs to go too and they need a new GM. Telesco has been below average if you look at the W-L results. Which is all that matters

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I would be weary to bring Josh McD in after he pulled that stunt on the colts. What if he pulls the same thing again? Or the players don’t positively respond to him since Belicheat is not around to discipline guys. Just think of Patricia.
                  That was my initial concern, not so much that he would walk-away because he would definitely be killing his career after a second time haha
                  but the character issue is important
                  to me I find a lot of strength in doing something you know is wrong if you feel strongly that it’s the right move.
                  how players respond to him without BB is valid. I think every HC gets initial good faith and it’s up to them to develop buy-in
                  after the Lynn/Stewart/Gus shit show, I feel confident our guys will welcome a tactical approach
                  I think Josh was more Patricia the first time around and has realized you can’t go around pretending to be Bill

and frankly I don’t know if Patricia is as bad as they say. Detroit players come off as soft ass millennial types.
                  Just saying
                  Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

I think getting Belichick would be amazing. But it seems a long shot.

But even if Lynn goes, TElesco needs to go too and they need a new GM. Telesco has been below average if you look at the W-L results. Which is all that matters
                    Bill would likely command GM role
                    Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I think this is a very positive chart. Kinda like life, it's depending upon how you look at it.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I think this is a very positive chart. Kinda like life, it's depending upon how you look at it.
                        Well, I guess that means we've been in every game so far this year...and lost most of them...this is mainly a scathing indictment on our pathetic D...

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                          Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Palm Springs
                          • I know nothing
                          • Send PM

Asshole Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X