POLL: Who Should Be The Chargers' Next Head Coach?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Well, I guess that means we've been in every game so far this year...and lost most of them...this is mainly a scathing indictment on our pathetic D...
    Half is on the defense. The other half is on the offensive line and how they are utilized, and it's production: 1.5 yards-per-carry average on 1st Down yesterday. Pass plays were over 14 yards-per-pass average.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Half is on the defense. The other half is on the offensive line and how they are utilized, and it's production: 1.5 yards-per-carry average on 1st Down yesterday. Pass plays were over 14 yards-per-pass average.
      I would say half of the blame is on the D, a quarter of the blame on ST's, an eighth on O play calling, and the final eighth on the O-line. Though a lot of those O-line woes are due to injuries and penalties...

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I would say half of the blame is on the D, a quarter of the blame on ST's, an eighth on O play calling, and the final eighth on the O-line. Though a lot of those O-line woes are due to injuries and penalties...
        Yes, the special teams of George Stewart exacerbate the problem.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I think this is a very positive chart. Kinda like life, it's depending upon how you look at it.
          That just tells me the problem is the coaching staff.

Urban Meyer had a good segment on the Fox College Football broadcast. Maybe call him up..

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Well, I guess that means we've been in every game so far this year...and lost most of them...this is mainly a scathing indictment on our pathetic D...
            If herbie had Miami’s D and ST coaches... and HC, our record could have been flipped. 7-2 is about right.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

I voted for Dave Toub.

1. I don't think he would have a big ego, and he would definitely hire good coordinators, as he's a ST guy.
              2. I think that's the kind of guy we need. I'm not sold on Joshy (although I think he'd do better), and I don't want the "flavor of the week" coordinator, either.
              3. At the very least under Toub...the ST's play will be competent. With, if you just add that to this current team... we're probably .500

Hire Toub. You can keep Steichen if you want? Or remove him, whatever.
              Let Toub hire his own DC. (Defense definitely needs a change)

"...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
                I voted for Dave Toub.

1. I don't think he would have a big ego, and he would definitely hire good coordinators, as he's a ST guy.
                2. I think that's the kind of guy we need. I'm not sold on Joshy (although I think he'd do better), and I don't want the "flavor of the week" coordinator, either.
                3. At the very least under Toub...the ST's play will be competent. With, if you just add that to this current team... we're probably .500

Very good points. Especially about ST - look at the percentage of plays they had yesterday and how much they hurt the team.

I would probably keep Pep Hamilton over Steichen but if Toub wanted his own staff - he has been around the league - fine by me

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

If herbie had Miami’s D and ST coaches... and HC, our record could have been flipped. 7-2 is about right.
                  I agree with this 100%.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    I would vote for Belichick in a heatbeat but from what I read if he leaves the Patriots, and that is a big if, it would not be to go somewhere as a head coach but to go run a team like Parcells did.

McDaniels scares me because of his Denver meltdown and I'm not sure if being optimistic that he learned is enough but I guess in that list I'd vote for him.
                    I hear ya but that was a while go. People learn and they drafted Tebow while he was there i believe and Cutler is just an ass.

As for this Poll, why the hec would Joe Brady be on there for HC? He is a first time OC in the NFL. Some of the others, i dont even know who they are but they seem like Spanos cheap hire types. And Steichen is on the list? WTH? He should be shitcanned as well if Lynn is fired.

Anyways, id pry Raheem Morris from Atlanta before thy get a change to give him their HC job....if they intend to and id be OK with giving McDaniels another shot.
                    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                    181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                    225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• CivilBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I agree with this 100%.
                      Tua didn’t impress me yesterday. He was a good accurate game manager that was able to elude some tacklers due to his small size. I want to see how he does when he has to carry his team. I wonder how the game would have looked if we didn’t handcuffed JH and gave him the shallow and middle crossing routes to keep MIA D honest.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
                        I voted for Dave Toub.

if we went w/Toub, would hope he would bring Mike Kafka w/him for OC.

don't want McDaniels either.... doesn't connect w/players.
                        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Regarding hiring Josh McD, it feels like he will be another MM. good with Xs and Os but can’t relate to the players.

Comment

Working...
                          X