POLL: Who Should Be The Chargers' Next Head Coach?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

POLL: Who Should Be The Chargers' Next Head Coach?

No future with Lynn at the helm. Who's next?
    Josh McDaniels
    19.15%
    Greg Roman
    2.13%
    Jim Caldwell
    2.13%
    Joe Brady
    4.26%
    Jim Schwartz
    4.26%
    Todd Bowles
    2.13%
    Eric Bieniemy
    6.38%
    Dave Toub
    8.51%
    Pep Hamilton
    2.13%
    Shane Steichen
    4.26%
    Robert Saleh
    2.13%
    Brian Daboll
    2.13%
    Matt Eberflus
    2.13%
    Nick Sirianni
    0%
    Wink Martindale
    2.13%
    Bryan Leftwich
    0%
    Leslie Frazier
    0%
    Steve Spagnuolo
    0%
    Dennis Allen
    0%
    Other--see my answer
    36.17%
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Brian Schottenheimer - i voted other

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

My choices are no first time - they need experience as NFL Head Coach
      Caldwell, Josh, Bowles, Schwartz
      Frzier and Dennis Allen - interesting names
      I might be inclined to give Allen another crack at it - thats a good name right there
      I like that one!

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Didn’t see the most proven and accomplished headcoach in Belicheat (who I think is a real possibility) so I went with who I’ve been saying is the “true heir” in Josh McDaniels

last night was a masterpiece of offensive coordination (which, granted, doesn’t necessarily translate into successful HCing)
        But no doubt JMcD will maximize our biggest football asset in Justin Herbert.

no candidate is without risk, but I feel confident that no one will out X and O him regularly, if at all.
        no doubt he has matured since his controversial Colts walk-out and has been humbled since then.
        the guy is a competitor with several chips on his shoulder
        the guy is no pushover and will get in the GOATs face when needed
        and that’s what we need

Cant say enough about how strongly I feel about JMcD
        .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
        .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
        .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
        .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
        .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
        .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
        .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
        .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
        .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          Didn’t see the most proven and accomplished headcoach in Belicheat (who I think is a real possibility) so I went with who I’ve been saying is the “true heir” in Josh McDaniels

last night was a masterpiece of offensive coordination (which, granted, doesn’t necessarily translate into successful HCing)

no candidate is without risk, but I feel confident that no one will out X and O him regularly if at all.
          no doubt he has matured since his controversial Colts walk-out and humbled since then.

I think a more mature Josh McD would be very good. I am not opposed to him.

Why do you think Bill is a possibility?

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I think McDaniels is fixed in New England, just waiting for BB to move to retirement. I don't think BB is passive enough for the Spanos clan, unless little Johnnie wants to actually learn how to run a football operation.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

no candidate is without risk, but I feel confident that no one will out X and O him regularly, if at all.
              no doubt he has matured since his controversial Colts walk-out and has been humbled since then.
              and that’s what we need

No doubting McDaniels's talent. And I think Herbie would really blossom under his tutelage. I don't want another "stubborn ground game HC" like Lynn. When McDaniels was HC for the Donks, he was hurt by the QB controversy with Cutler and the bungled attempt to trade for Matt Cassel. Later, the Donks traded Cutler for Orton, which didn't work out too well. Later on, McDaniels got heat for benching Brandon Marshall for a game due to disciplinary reasons. Marshall was later traded. Later on, McDaniels was fined $50k for his role in Donk Videogate.

If McDaniels can avoid controversies in the front office, and has matured, I think he would be a good fit for the Bolts.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

No doubting McDaniels's talent. And I think Herbie would really blossom under his tutelage. I don't want another "stubborn ground game HC" like Lynn. When McDaniels was HC for the Donks, he was hurt by the QB controversy with Cutler and the bungled attempt to trade for Matt Cassel. Later, the Donks traded Cutler for Orton, which didn't work out too well. Later on, McDaniels got heat for benching Brandon Marshall for a game due to disciplinary reasons. Marshall was later traded. Later on, McDaniels was fined $50k for his role in Donk Videogate.

If McDaniels can avoid controversies in the front office, and has matured, I think he would be a good fit for the Bolts.
                I do think McD would be a good mentor for Herbert. But a good HC, look at Vrabel and Flores, and what they are doing with Tannehill and Tua. They have good assistant coaches. So this idea that if Lynn is fired they need an offensive guy, well to me, thats stupid and short sighted.

I like the idea of Josh though because he keeps adapting that Patriot offense. Maybe thats partly Bill - but maybe thats him too

But like I said, Schwartz, Bowles, Dennis Allen (forgot about him as I link him with McCoy so much) - Josh - these all would be their second job so a chance to fix or change how they would do things.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                  The Precious
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

We’re lucky Herbert is here that alone will attract a better class of interested candidates. That and if the next coach simply puts a emphasis on special teams he’ll be way ahead the game here.

I want a Marty type glass eater for our next DC.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

I would vote for Belichick in a heatbeat but from what I read if he leaves the Patriots, and that is a big if, it would not be to go somewhere as a head coach but to go run a team like Parcells did.

McDaniels scares me because of his Denver meltdown and I'm not sure if being optimistic that he learned is enough but I guess in that list I'd vote for him.

Comment

• Rugger05
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Josh McDaniels is my number one choice. The question is would Spanny balls need to drop in order to fire the leader of fine men. If they actually did drop, would they drop far enough to open his wallet and pay for a head coach. If they do fire the leader of fine men they need to let who they choose as HC to bring in whoever he wants. No more of "You can have this job, but you really need to keep this coach............."

The whole operation needs to be rebuilt, but sadly I do not see that happening. It looks like the Chargers struck gold in Hebie. How many other franchises have gone from franchise QB to franchise QB? Maybe the Colts but Luck turned out to be a China Doll. Spanny cannot F this up, but if anyone can F this up it would be Spanny................

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
                        We’re lucky Herbert is here that alone will attract a better class of interested candidates. That and if the next coach simply puts a emphasis on special teams he’ll be way ahead the game here.

I want a Marty type glass eater for our next DC.
                        I wanted Lynn to call Rex Ryan last offseason - and fire George Stewart. Maybe Rex is happy in the studio - working a lot less, living the good life. But he is good friends with Lynn.

I don't want a Marty type for our next DC - "Quite Frankly" - I want a Marty Schottenheimer for our damn head ball coach!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍