• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jubei
    Vagabond Ninja
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

if we lose and only lose by a score or less it at least gives me hope that this team has close to enough talent to compete. but if we're getting blown out that'd worry me more going into the draft.

Oh just watched the QB coach (or whatever his show is called) on Youtube and he brought up the zero blitz on Justin and how Justin has to get better at it or will constantly see it from other teams, especially if they watched the myhammy game.

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
      if we lose and only lose by a score or less it at least gives me hope that this team has close to enough talent to compete. but if we're getting blown out that'd worry me more going into the draft.

Oh just watched the QB coach (or whatever his show is called) on Youtube and he brought up the zero blitz on Justin and how Justin has to get better at it or will constantly see it from other teams, especially if they watched the myhammy game.
      I think Gus needs to watch it too so he can learn a thing or two on how to confuse the opposing qb and create turnovers.

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
        San Diego Native
        • Feb 2019
        • Farmington, NM
        • Send PM

I always bet money against my beloved Chargers in the playoffs so if and when they lose, I still win! I'm crushed that they lost but thrilled I won money. It takes the sting out of a loss and if the Chargers win I'm too happy to care I lost money.

Similarly, for purposes of this thread, I'm rooting for them to win every game. But if they lose, I'm still happy because our draft stock improves!

As I see it, we are in a win/win situation.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post
          I always bet money against my beloved Chargers in the playoffs so if and when they lose, I still win! I'm crushed that they lost but thrilled I won money. It takes the sting out of a loss and if the Chargers win I'm too happy to care I lost money.

Similarly, for purposes of this thread, I'm rooting for them to win every game. But if they lose, I'm still happy because our draft stock improves!

congrats, this is the correct answer
          Winner winner chicken dinner
          Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

Incredible !
            Finishing 4-12 give 4-5 or 6th
            Finishing 6-10 give 8-9 or 10
            Who cares ?
            I want to win !

Comment

• Classic
              Hall Of Fame
              • Dec 2014
              • Send PM

This is a 5 win max team and that will mainly due to all of the injured starters we should be seeing return real soon.

Comment

• jubei
                Vagabond Ninja
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post

but if they win enough to not make it to the POs that screws up draft position. I want POs or nothing. but with this D and ST we'd get PWND in the POs.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                  Incredible !
                  Who cares ?
                  I want to win !
                  I want the Chargers to win today
                  I will be watching (yes reading a book at the same time )
                  But I will be watching hoping for a win as I always do - winning is better than losing

But, if they do lose (they won't, they can't) - if they do lose - Lynn will be fired and Telesco might be too

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                    Incredible !
                    Who cares ?
                    I want to win !
                    Remember when the Chargers beat the Raiders the final week of the season, went 4-12 and got the #1 selection in the draft? Good times!

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

I can live with a 6-10 season.
                      I did it very often since '79.
                      4-12, it's very hard.
                      I can't live another 1-15 or 2-14. Even if LT was a great compensation in 2000.
                      It's a heartbreaker !
                      Remember he was a 5th draft choice that year ?

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                        Chargers Hall of Fame
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Reasons to win: I really only want to win, now, for Herbert. I want him to dominate and win ROY and be a stud going forward.

Reasons to lose: I want us to lose to be able to dump Lynn (and the "coaching" staff) and to get better draft picks.

But my love of the Chargers and wanting Herbert to get some wins has pushed me into the win column.

I just pray we still fire some coaches when this season is over.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post
                          Reasons to win: I really only want to win, now, for Herbert. I want him to dominate and win ROY and be a stud going forward.

Reasons to lose: I want us to lose to be able to dump Lynn (and the "coaching" staff) and to get better draft picks.

But my love of the Chargers and wanting Herbert to get some wins has pushed me into the win column.

I just pray we still fire some coaches when this season is over.
                          Agree. I don’t want JH to play hero ball like PR this early in his career just to get the W. Hopefully both D and ST play lights out today.

Comment

Working...
                          X