• SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Turn It Around or Tank It?

By request.

I have never been and never will be for tanking. IMO that is loser mentality.
    Finish Strong?
    40.74%
    Tank it for draft picks?
    59.26%
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

I never want the Chargers to lose, but sadly, I think they will flounder down the stretch even if they don't try to tank.

Comment

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      I never want the Chargers to lose, but sadly, I think they will flounder down the stretch even if they don't try to tank.
      No way! I was going to let the OP know that he needed an "other" category, which I needed because I think with Lynn's anvil around their neck coaching job dragging them down, they can both try hard (finish strong) and lose games at the same time--basically exactly what you said.
      Last edited by Guest; 11-19-2020, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Brock Bowers N.M.W.
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

It is crazy how some people are pining away for Sewell...never considering that in order to have a shot at that guy, we will have to perform so poorly this season, our roster will be in need of a lot more than just a LT.

I don't want us to lose any more games, and I won't root for us to lose...not until it's clear there will be no turning this thing around.

Would much rather win 5 or 6 games, showing that there is some talent on this roster, and that our coaches can get their head out of the sand and coach. Better that than sucking so bad that we are picking top 5.

I can still have fun draft dreaming and playing GM this offseason with a pick in the teens...especially since for us to do that, we finish strong, and go into next season with a winning mentality in the locker room...and probably a lot fewer problems that will actually need addressing in the off season, than if we finish 4-12.

So week in and week out, I'm not gonna celebrate how we move up in the draft order...cuz if we stay where we are at...if we suck that bad...we won't be competing next year.
        Mock version 3.0-The "Double Mitchell"
        (Assumes "fantasy" trade with Vikes)

11. Q. Mitchell CB
        23. A. Mitchell WR
        37. K. Jenkins DT
        69. C. Beebe OG -105. C.Gray LB
        110. R. Davis RB -140. J. Jones Slot CB
        181. T. McLachlan TE -225. J. Jean-Baptiste Edge
        253. K. Vidal RB

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post
          By request.

I have never been and never will be for tanking. IMO that is loser mentality.
          They dont have to tank...... the coaching staff is doing to for them...... lol

Comment

• Boltdiehard
            The Precious
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

I mean beating the Jets doesn’t exactly excite me but the thought of losing to them is somewhat terrifying as well. Either way we will be picking in the top ten possibly top five.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

You don't tug on Superman's cape.
              Don't spit into the wind.
              Don't embarrass Dean Spanos.

Losing to the winless Jets in their new stadium would embarrass Dean Spanos. Each win brings us closer to a championship defense and competent coaching. This is incredibly satisfying time to be a Charger fan.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
                I mean beating the Jets doesn’t exactly excite me but the thought of losing to them is somewhat terrifying as well. Either way we will be picking in the top ten possibly top five.
                I keep looking at the guide on my TV for Sunday and it reads the Jets but my brain keeps superimposing 2016 Browns over the Jets name.

Comment

• AK47
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

As a player, yes tanking is a no no.

As a GM......as a couch GM. Tanking is an artform, stimulus check, Christmas, Chapter 11 bankruptcy, winning the lotto jackpot, and having a baby shower all rolled into one.

Comment

• Classic
                    Hall Of Fame
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Send PM

Only times you should tank is if you have a good QB and a bad head coach. Guess what we got?

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Not voting because I don’t think my position has been fairly depicted
                      Cliche but it’s true, “Chess not checkers”
                      all you chest beaters can have your moral victories
                      low hanging virtue fruit
                      Losing in 2020 helps the organization’s long term goal of winning a world championship IF it leads to a coaching change and the picks help a lot too.
                      I hope we either win every game or lose every game, but my obligation to be realistic obliges me to root for what I think is most realistic to reach our goal
                      and risking our greatest asset in Herbert by asking him to work miracles and bail out this Oline led by this headcoach is not smart.
                      everyone who wants to fight tooth and nail for 2020 better not complain if/when Herbert ends up sitting next to our 2ns best player Bosa concussed on the bench.
                      they better not complain if we keep Lynn and finally realize 2 years later he wasn’t qualified and we just wasted 2 of Herbert’s rookie years.
                      likewise, if we end up winning the superbowl, I will not pretend that I believed that was possible or was right about ANYTHING about this team.
                      and Lynn supporters accuse ME of needing instant gratification!? Some fucking balls.
                      im literally willing to sacrifice being rewarded now with meaningless victories for better future odds.
                      ill never criticize anyone on a Charger message board for rooting FOR victories, but talk about short sided, you act like you’ve never had a bad season before.
                      Again, this isn’t hate, this is coming from love
                      I do not want to pick 15th overall for the next 15 years
                      Maybe I’m singing a different tune if it wasn’t painfully obvious to me that we have a potential MVP talent at QB idk
                      but call is losing, tanking, whatever it takes, we need Lynn gone as priority 1 and Sewell would be the most promising addition possible
                      .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
                      .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
                      .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
                      .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
                      .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
                      .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
                      .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
                      .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
                      .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Chuckeezy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2019
                        • Send PM

Tank for new coaches, really not tanking with the way they are playing, they are not winning many games, don’t get me wrong if they turn it around and make a run I’m all in. Just don’t see it happening.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍