• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I quoted some links to articles that discuss Reid's cancellation of his interview with us in post #23.

Does that serve to clarify the matter?
    Seems to be the case. And according to the first link, he wanted to be the GM as well. Chiefs fired their GM before announcing Reid.
    I've got to think that wouldn't fly with Dean.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Seems to be the case. And according to the first link, he wanted to be the GM as well. Chiefs fired their GM before announcing Reid.
      I've got to think that wouldn't fly with Dean.
      Would have loved to have been in the room for that.

2013 - "Thanks Andy, but we're going another direction as I promised my son John he could co-manage the roster."

https://www.ky3.com/2020/11/16/chief...ct-extensions/

IMO, Andy Reid had no issue working with a GM, as evidenced by GM Brett Veach, whom Andy has worked with successfully for the last 8 years.

No, Andy Reid had no issue working with a GM, he did have a problem with John Spanos being the co-GM.

Andy Reid: OK, Dean. Let me know how things turnout with having your son in the front office.

AFC West.png

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Would have loved to have been in the room for that.

2013 - "Thanks Andy, but we're going another direction as I promised my son John he could co-manage the roster."

https://www.ky3.com/2020/11/16/chief...ct-extensions/

IMO, Andy Reid had no issue working with a GM, as evidenced by GM Brett Veach, whom Andy has worked with successfully for the last 8 years.

No, Andy Reid had no issue working with a GM, he did have a problem with John Spanos being the co-GM.

Andy Reid: OK, Dean. Let me know how things turnout with having your son in the front office.

AFC West.png
        You are talking about a hypothetical meeting that never happened. Reid liked what he saw in Kansas City and cancelled his other interviews, including interviews scheduled with us and the Cardinals.

That kind of thing happens all of the time with free agent players. They meet with one team and like what they are seeing and hearing and decide to sign right then and there without meeting with other teams.

When we lose out on a potentially helpful free agent that signs before ever meeting with us, do you blame Telesco for that too?

The reality is that our ownership did schedule an interview with Reid, but Reid decided to coach elsewhere before ever meeting with us. Our ownership did nothing wrong concerning Reid.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍