• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cyberbolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I like the attitude. Then again, that's what I expect him to say.

Comment

• MakoShark
      Disgruntled
      • Jun 2013
      • North Alabama
      • Send PM

Starting is so over-rated in the NFL, IMO. The way teams use so many different packages which is often determined by down and distance makes it irrelevent. Its just a status thing I guess to be #1 on the depth chart, but I'll take a #3 WR that actually contributes vs a "starter" who disappears during a game...ahem VJ. Play your role and do your job and you will get plenty of snaps.
      sigpic

Comment

• OhioBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

He will see signaficant time period because Floyd will not play 16 games and the same can be said for Alexander. Our top WR's when season end could be Brown and Allen statistically even if they don't start the season as starters.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

The biggest problem Allen could face is the same problem Brown and Floyd have had in the past. They don't necessarily play on ST, so they didn't get active and get much playing time. When both got to finally play, they started to develop rapidly.

But given the injury thing to Floyd, Alexander and Royal, I think there is a good chance either or both will get significant playing time. Definitely Brown, probably for Allen, although Allen has to prove he can run good enough routes. The good thing for both of them is they are in good position to sub in case of an injury. They have both played SE, FL and in the slot in college, and Brown has taken reps at all 3 spots with us.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Allen was a very good punt returner at Cal when he was given a chance. He can play ST, just don't want to see him as a gunner.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

TRue, but so many of our other WR can return kicks, I am not sure we would activate him to just that. Maybe, but if you have to activate a 2nd best return guy who can play WR and the best RS but who isn't ready to be a backup, which would you do?

And at some point, you need some fast guys as gunners and playing the outside lanes. DB can do it, but with an injury prone secondary, how many of those guys are we going to line up outside for extra plays? Maybe we would activate Allen just to return, but then we almost have to carry an extra DB or 2, and at the expense of a WR or RB.

Comment

Working...
              X