• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoltUp InLA
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

If you miss on a QB it hurts you at least 5 years........

you have it backwards on Bienemy....... what proof do you have that he designs and calls the plays...... he is another career RB coach(sound familiar?)....not a QB coach...... Chargers undter Turner promoted the old long career RB coach to OC, but he did not design and call the plays either...... in all likelyhood it is all Andy Reid.....and been that way everywhere he has been......

maybe Bienemy is an exception but where is the proof???..... only think i have heard is he is an intense fired up coach who fires up the team..... maybe that is enough if we also hire a great aggressive OC and a great aggressive DC????
    Good point! Although the Reid offense has changed a bit over the years.. the question is how much of that is due to Reid.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2020
      • Send PM

How about Robert Saleh?? The Chargers could then keep Steichen and Pep in place. Even after all the injuries this season in San Fran, the 49ers defense has still been solid!

Comment

• Silversurfer
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Los Angeles
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post

Not so sure what Marvin Lewis has to do with this?? Although he was probably more successful than most of the Chargers head coaches! Chargers nation need both a good evaluator of talent, including a good evaluator of potential head coaches, and a solid and adaptable head coach.
        Wouldnt mind him as a D.C if were scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

Wouldnt mind him as a D.C if were scraping the bottom of the barrel.
          If you look at the record of the Bungles before Lewis and post Lewis when they became the Bengals - it is quite the work he did. Yes, the playoff record was poor - didn't win a game. But I think he went to the playoffs 8 times or half the years he coached there. Visor and Lynn are at 25%.

If Lewis the top name on my list - no. But he would be ahead of many as I am not scared off by his past. I just want a person that can teach the players football and they improved and that also has a clue on game day.

If thats the hot shot first timer - so be it. I just think its stupid to not at least think about interviewing a once fired candidate as they may have matured plus a new organization might be a better situation.

Comment

• Classic
            Hall Of Fame
            • Dec 2014
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
            How about Robert Saleh?? The Chargers could then keep Steichen and Pep in place. Even after all the injuries this season in San Fran, the 49ers defense has still been solid!
            I don't believe in him long term but if we were to go heavy on defense in the draft and he runs that side of the ball, we could see a great short term success. I just want to see who the OC he would bring in would be because I don't want Stiechan anymore

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

1. Toub
              2. Campbell
              3. Arthur Smith
              4. Saleh or Eberflus

(I kind of selected my top from each of the categories... ST/College/OC/DC)

I'm sure I'll change again next week. I still select Toub, because he is so well respected and I trust him to build the best staff, and he'll fix the ST units, immediately.
              "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

any list without this guy on it is missin' out/sleepin'.... still no contest,

​​​​​​​
                RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

one thing that all lobbyists share.... they are all great @the art of omission.... more Joe Brady reposts:

LA Chargers: Grading five potential 2021 head coaching hires - Page 2 (boltbeat.com)

Could Joe Brady be an NFL head coach by 2021? One expert believes so... (footballscoop.com)

Joe Brady could be the next head coaching hire in the NFL (247sports.com)
                  RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

not sure why this needed a new thread, but happy to repost the Joe posts....

very good article in favor of hiring Joe Brady (for the Falcons) that gives lots of statistical backup to support his leanings....

Fans will get an up close look at what Brady’s offense is capable of while operating with below-average talent at the quarterback position.

Even though Teddy Bridgewater‘s talent has never really jumped off the screen, there’s something to be said about what he’s currently accomplishing playing in Brady’s system. The former Vikings signal-caller is having career highs in completion percentage, yards per attempt, adjusted yards per pass attempt, yards per completion, yards per game, passer rating, quarterback rating, net yards per pass attempt and adjusted net yards per pass attempt.

After joining Rhule’s staff as the offensive coordinator, Brady’s offensive bunch is experiencing yet another surge.

Take a peek at Carolina’s offensive output last season, ranking in the bottom three of the league in turnovers, passing touchdowns, interceptions, net yards per pass attempt and average time per drive.

While Brady isn’t experiencing nearly the same jump in offensive production as he did during his year down at LSU, it’s still a very noteworthy improvement, especially when you consider that Brady has only had All-Pro running back Christian McCaffrey for two games. You’ll notice below that the Brady-led Panthers are now 11th or better (through seven games) in turnovers, passing yards, net yards per passing attempt, scoring percentage, average time of drive, average plays per drive and average yards per drive.

Comment

• Classic
                      Hall Of Fame
                      • Dec 2014
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                      any list without this guy on it is missin' out/sleepin'.... still no contest,

​​​​​​​
                      Brady is definitely my choice for future HC. I just wonder if Telesco and him can work together because Tom is most likely not going anywhere.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

and then there was this....

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

My thing with Brady - being the OC of that LSU team didn't take him being a genius. It was more get the hell out of the way and let the players play

Burrows
                        Helaire
                        Jefferson
                        JaMarr Chase
                        Moss
                        on and on and on...
                        don't think that was/is a shared opinion:

The collective jump that everyone on that LSU offense experienced as a result of Brady’s arrival is pretty remarkable. Below you’ll see offensive players’ 2018 statistics and the jump they experienced with Brady:

JOE BURROW:

​​

JUSTIN JEFFERSON:

​​

CLYDE EDWARDS-HELAIRE:

​​

If you happened to notice by clicking on each of their respective Rivals’ profiles, Burrow, Jefferson and Edwards-Helaire were just a bunch of two-star and three-star recruits. But after Brady got through with them, those kids became first-round draft picks and immediate stars in the NFL.

That isn’t normal by any means. With essentially the same core group of talent, going from a below-average offense to one of the best statistical offenses in college football history while winning a Heisman Trophy and National Championship is not supposed to happen.

Nor are 31-year-old NFL head coaches.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

Brady is definitely my choice for future HC. I just wonder if Telesco and him can work together because Tom is most likely not going anywhere.
                          that's actually a reason that am in favor of retaining Telesco, in that think that not only would Brady do very well w/Spanos, but do think Tom would be good w/him as well, and where not so sure that would be Jeremiah's hire of choice, albeit DJ did say that he thought it more likely that Brady would be a HC next year than not.... just get the sense that Jeremiah might prefer someone like Eberflus ??

do think team Tommy John and Joe Brady would be a rather harmonious/potent match, which has value, coz young John ain't goin' nowhere.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍