• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

either they get it right, or we continue to Charger.

Now is the time to be a young, innovative, offensive coach who doesn’t need to possess the authoritarian control over his players that typically accompanies older head coaches such as Mike Zimmer and Tom Coughlin. It’s quite obvious that players respond to creative concepts and cutting edge schemes, while also being led by someone who treats and interacts with them as peers, not inferiors.

....let’s dive into the recent success that coaches who present a striking resemblance to Brady have had on football’s biggest stage.

Kyle Shanahan (40 years old), Kliff Kingsbury (41 years old) and Sean McVay (34 years old) currently have a combined record of 14-7 for the 2020 season, all while coaching in the NFC West, which just so happens to be the most difficult division in football. Shanahan and McVay are responsible for the NFC’s past two champions, both coming up short in the Super Bowl against former MVPs in Patrick Mahomes and Tom Brady.
    Joe Brady is a Home Run

Brady inherited an offense ranked 27th in all of football in 2019 and has brought them to the 7th best offense in the NFL in only 10 games. With 6 games to go along with the impending return of Christian McCaffery, that ranking can only improve.

With McCaffery out, though, the offense has still hummed along perfectly fine. Guys like Curtis Samuel and Mike Davis have stood out in a big way, along with an impressive season from former Jets receiver Robby Anderson. The offense is innovative and unique, and the success he received at LSU has absolutely translated seamlessly to the next level. With a talent group that isn’t even on par with what it could be, Brady has built a resume capable of being a head coach, and at 31 years old, he would be a fresh, innovative hire.
    and sound familiar.... ??

Todd Bowles was a discipline heavy defensive coordinator who was supposed to carry over the hard work culture built under Rex Ryan. Bowles failed to get on the same page with the management and could not gain control over the locker room after a strong first season. Then the Jets hired Adam Gase. This was a hire that was not received well, but fans set out to give him the benefit of the doubt. He has been absolutely awful, and the coach who was supposed to bring a head coaching background has only brought incompetence.

Joe Brady would be the anti-Bowles/Gase hire. He is a fresh, innovative mind along the lines of Sean McVay and Kyle Shannahan and would immediately revitalize the franchise.
    Brady is the antithesis of Lynn, and just like Anthony Ray was the right hire for that time, the time is now for a Joe Brady retool.... don't sleep, coz the rest of the League ain't.

https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-yo...tes-joe-brady/
    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2020
      • Send PM

The more I look at the different choices the more Joe Brady jumps out to me, especially since the chargers have such a talented young QB in place. The way Joe Brady reinvented Burrow is remarkable. Can you imagine what he can do for Herbert? I am starting to like Joe Brady more and more. He seems like an offensive genius waiting in the wings.. Carolina has been a sneaky good offense even with their best player missing much of the season. Did anyone expect that?

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
        The more I look at the different choices the more Joe Brady jumps out to me, especially since the chargers have such a talented young QB in place. The way Joe Brady reinvented Burrow is remarkable. Can you imagine what he can do for Herbert? I am starting to like Joe Brady more and more. He seems like an offensive genius waiting in the wings.. Carolina has been a sneaky good offense even with their best player missing much of the season. Did anyone expect that?
        the thought of not finding out what Brady could do w/Herbert, let alone Keenan and the others on board.... just not very appealing.... just have to give this guy a shot.... if he'll come to LA.
        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

the thought of not finding out what Brady could do w/Herbert, let alone Keenan and the others on board.... just not very appealing.... just have to give this guy a shot.... if he'll come to LA.
          Herbert should be of the utmost importance. It was one of my reasons on why I believed at the time that the Chargers should stand pat with their coaches, but too many negative things have come up that are hard to dismiss, especially with special teams. Joe Brady, if nothing else, will give Herbert much needed guidance during his still developing years. This choice now becomes a no-brainer to me.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post

Herbert should be of the utmost importance. It was one of my reasons on why I believed at the time that the Chargers should stand pat with their coaches, but too many negative things have come up that are hard to dismiss, especially with special teams. Joe Brady, if nothing else, will give Herbert much needed guidance during his still developing years. This choice now becomes a no-brainer to me.
            But there are 52 other players on the roster
            there is picking the right assistant coaches
            there is developing practice schedules

Thats my concern and after Lynn and McCoy - I don't want a coach "learning on the job" - I want a coach who has a plan and philosophy from Day 1
            HIre a good OC and QB coach to mentor, teach, babysit Herbert
            The problem this year is not the development of Justin Herbert

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

So even though Norv was offense, McCoy was offense, Lynn was also from offense side. We are mostly looking offense again even though with a rookie QB they are 4th in passing yards and 10th in passing TDs behind a suspect o-line.

Would think defense type HC might be of more use if they make a change.

And think it takes a bit more than coaching to improve the defense. Ingram and James provided nothing this year. The defense only has one real impact player on field, Bosa.
              ​​​​Their best corner Hayward is not the same player from 2016,2017. When he had 11int and 42 passes defended.
              In 2019, 2020 he has 2int and 14 passes defended. That is a huge drop off in playmaking but I think it has something to do with complimentary football. Front and back end. In 2016,2017 when Hayward had those 11int. Ingram and Bosa combine for 42 sacks in those same seasons. Last year when Hayward had 2int, Ingram and Bosa still combined for 18 sacks. This year Hayward has 0int and Ingram has 0 sacks. Bosa has 7.5 sacks. Really think a pass rusher opposite Bosa is a must to get the defense making a lot more plays again. Think an upgrade at CB could help too.
              And of course new HC will need some health and upgrade on the o-line.
              And FG kicking. If Badgely has the yips and can't get back on track, even with a new coach. Then they need to replace him asap with a consistent kicker. Someone who can make around 85-90% year in and year out. Easier said than done but it can and must be accomplished to get this team where it needs to be.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                So even though Norv was offense, McCoy was offense, Lynn was also from offense side. We are mostly looking offense again even though with a rookie QB they are 4th in passing yards and 10th in passing TDs behind a suspect o-line.

And think it takes a bit more than coaching to improve the defense. Ingram and James provided nothing this year. The defense only has one real impact player on field, Bosa.
                ​​​​Their best corner Hayward is not the same player from 2016,2017. When he had 11int and 42 passes defended.
                In 2019, 2020 he has 2int and 14 passes defended. That is a huge drop off in playmaking but I think it has something to do with complimentary football. Front and back end. In 2016,2017 when Hayward had those 11int. Ingram and Bosa combine for 42 sacks in those same seasons. Last year when Hayward had 2int, Ingram and Bosa still combined for 18 sacks. This year Hayward has 0int and Ingram has 0 sacks. Bosa has 7.5 sacks. Really think a pass rusher opposite Bosa is a must to get the defense making a lot more plays again. Think an upgrade at CB could help too.
                And FG kicking. If Badgely has the yips and can't get back on track, even with a new coach. Then they need to replace him asap with a consistent kicker. Someone who can make around 85-90% year in and year out. Easier said than done but it can and must be accomplished to get this team where it needs to be.

exactly -- the development of Herbert by Lynn, steichen and Pep is NOT the problem with this team

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

“If Eric Bieniemy is not a head coach soon something is wrong.”

Love me some Brian Flores.
                  Last edited by ghost; 12-12-2020, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Most enjoyable, Beach. I posted that list verbatim from CBSSports, friend. If Joe Brady was on the CBS list, I would have shared that.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

What you are describing is the build going on in Denver under Vic Fangio. They missed on the QB in Drew Lock, they'll draft one in the 1st Round again.

Andy Reid + Patrick Mahomes
                      Jon Gruden + Derek Carr
                      Vic Fangio + #1 Pick QB

Justin Herbert + John Spanos

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                        either they get it right, or we continue to Charger.

Joe Brady is a Home Run

and sound familiar.... ??

Brady is the antithesis of Lynn, and just like Anthony Ray was the right hire for that time, the time is now for a Joe Brady retool.... don't sleep, coz the rest of the League ain't.

https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-yo...tes-joe-brady/
                        I'm not wild about any of them. Brady seems interesting: his head coaches have set him up to wildly succeed. Can he do the same for his assistant coaches?

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

If you miss on a QB it hurts you at least 5 years........
                          A team missing on a franchise QB, sets them back 5 years, comes from research done by Joel Buchsbaum. It is a direct quote from him. Best NFL analysis there ever was.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders/the-draft-business-spawned-an-early-unforgettable-character-2013265/

Look at the 1998 Chargers, drafted Leaf, they didn't rebound until 2003, w/ Brees & Tomlinson. It took 5 years.....

To put his impact into perspective, when Buchsbaum died in 2002, a memorial service was put together in his honor at the NFL scouting combine. Of the 150 people who attended, Arkush said there were two NFL owners, seven head coaches, 12 general managers and 60 or so scouts.

The first person to speak at Joel's funeral was Bill Belichick who, unbeknownst to almost everyone, had developed a close alliance with Buchsbaum over the years.

“And in front of all these NFL luminaries Bill’s opening line was: ‘Joel Buchsbaum was my best friend,’ ” - Hub Arkush
                          Last edited by ghost; 12-12-2020, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X