• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Or just find an OC that will never be a HC again.
    No-- I want coaches on the staff who move up as that means the team has had success - if the hiring practices of the NFL are any indication. Coryell had a few assistants leave his staff - I think its a positive thing. Shows you are winning games! Hell, you can't have a bunch of people on your staff who are comfortable in your roles. In doesn't work that way in business - I want coaches that want to move on and upwards. Its how the Chargers got Staley.

Comment

• AK47
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

No-- I want coaches on the staff who move up as that means the team has had success - if the hiring practices of the NFL are any indication. Coryell had a few assistants leave his staff - I think its a positive thing. Shows you are winning games! Hell, you can't have a bunch of people on your staff who are comfortable in your roles. In doesn't work that way in business - I want coaches that want to move on and upwards. Its how the Chargers got Staley.
      Well yeah have our OC's find HC jobs elsewhere.....preferably AFTER we win a divisional game or hey maybe even the SB though

Comment

• SuperCharged
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Utah
        • Midnight Toker
        • Send PM

Telesco too

Telesco has one more year to prove his worth. Offensive Line, SPecial Teams, be judicious and smart in free agency and the draft

Staley needs to build a staff that will allow coaches to move on because if Herbert is the "real deal" - OCs will get looks at Head Coaches.

The Chargers need that Mike Tomlin, Sean Payton, legacy type coach for 8-10 years.
        Exactly. This will be Telesco's make it or break it draft. A rebuilt Oline and a solid draft I bet he gets extended.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Telesco will be here as long as Staley is so if Staley is a keeper, TT stays, if Staley doesnt do well, they both will be gone.So i dont know how long a contract Staley got but he will get at least 3-4 years/.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            Telesco will be here as long as Staley is so if Staley is a keeper, TT stays, if Staley doesnt do well, they both will be gone.So i dont know how long a contract Staley got but he will get at least 3-4 years/.
            Correctamundo. They are tied at the hip. But I like their chances. That's the positive.

The negative is, at what point does Tom Telesco have a moment of clarity and realize he can't draft offensive line? It is a huge blindspot.

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Yeah TT better be all over o line this off season.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

It’s not like he hasn’t tried it’s that he has tried and failed. The additions of Turner and Baluga were widely hailed as great moves by the NFL media. But neither played long enough to show what they can do. Lamp was considered a first round, can’t fail OL prior to the draft. And Feeney was a top rated interior OL in that draft too.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Schefter in his article today about Frazier and Bieniemy being the final two candidates in Houston with the losing coach today possibly being the choice as to not wait - noted that the Chargers picked Staley when it was Daboll advancing (paraphrasing)

I call BS on you Adam. I think it was Schefter who broke the Daboll to Chargers and he is covering his backside. Nobody can tell me if Daboll was truly that high on the list - they couldn't wait at least a week as its a tough game in KC today. They hired Staley before they knew the Chiefs had won or lost Meaning if the Chiefs lost - it was probably closer to 3 weeks. I think Schefty is kind of trying to Cover his fanny on the story.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Schefter in his article today about Frazier and Bieniemy being the final two candidates in Houston with the losing coach today possibly being the choice as to not wait - noted that the Chargers picked Staley when it was Daboll advancing (paraphrasing)

I call BS on you Adam. I think it was Schefter who broke the Daboll to Chargers and he is covering his backside. Nobody can tell me if Daboll was truly that high on the list - they couldn't wait at least a week as its a tough game in KC today. They hired Staley before they knew the Chiefs had won or lost Meaning if the Chiefs lost - it was probably closer to 3 weeks. I think Schefty is kind of trying to Cover his fanny on the story.
                    Someone wrote an article (can't remember where I read it ) that said that Stately was the first choice from the beginning and the interviews just confirmed it and they were afraid to let him interview more so they signed him at the end of the in person interview.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Someone wrote an article (can't remember where I read it ) that said that Stately was the first choice from the beginning and the interviews just confirmed it and they were afraid to let him interview more so they signed him at the end of the in person interview.
                      Confirmed. Read the same thing. When it was announced that Philly wanted an interview, Dean & John pulled the trigger that Sunday evening before Staley could get on a plane.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Confirmed. Read the same thing. When it was announced that Philly wanted an interview, Dean & John pulled the trigger that Sunday evening before Staley could get on a plane.
                        And HOPEFULLY that ends their involvement in the day to day operations of OUR football team!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

And HOPEFULLY that ends their involvement in the day to day operations of OUR football team!
                          they can be the first two people to tough the trophy just as long from here on out they are seen and not heard

truly - take all the damn glory

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡